Blink strike does 500% more dmg than it's supposed to

Hello, as you all know hunters are really strong in PvP atm. It is mainly caused by blink strike, 5th tier talent from the hunter talent tree. People are reporting that it has critted for 120k damage on 55% resilience pvp targets, which is around 500% more than what it is supposed to hit for.

I suggest you focus on fixing this particular skill asap and put it on top of your PvP fix priority list. (It is the main cause of hunters being so strong right now)

Thanks in advance !

-7x Gladiator hunter Kettux
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Was pretty funny when a hunter crit me for 155k with something in arena out of nowhere.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Is it just doing more damage vs resillience targets? As it seems correct vs PvE stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It ignores resilience so yes, it's a bug that only affects PvP so it will probably not get fixed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Hello, as you all know hunters are really strong in PvP atm. It is mainly caused by blink strike, 5th tier talent from the hunter talent tree. People are reporting that it has critted for 120k damage on 55% resilience pvp targets, which is around 500% more than what it is supposed to hit for.

I suggest you focus on fixing this particular skill asap and put it on top of your PvP fix priority list. (It is the main cause of hunters being so strong right now)

Thanks in advance !

-7x Gladiator hunter Kettux

Omg, its Lord Kettu, go bad to Dwarf u Horde turncoat!

As a note, I stun a Hunt, and what happens? by the time the 5sec pass his pet took half my hp off, was fun to see, idk wtf is going on, I will start stunning the pet lol.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
05/10/2012 13:17Posted by Mírion
It ignores resilience so yes, it's a bug that only affects PvP so it will probably not get fixed.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I actually almost got 1shot when blink strike hit at same time as hunter lots of times.
Edited by Pøñÿmåztærxð on 05/10/2012 13:22 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Just tested it in a duel, it does 45k none crit on a target dummy and tested it on my lovely rogue assistant who has 2912 PvP Resilience (49.01%) it did 24356 none crit on him.

Is it only ignoring resilience in BG / Arena?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
05/10/2012 13:09Posted by Mcfiend
Was pretty funny when a hunter crit me for 155k with something in arena out of nowhere.

Says a warlock. Your chaos bolts are even more fun to eat. 190k highest one I've seen on full resi, still waiting for a full geared warlock to break the record.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
Just tested it in a duel, it does 45k none crit on a target dummy and tested it on my lovely rogue assistant who has 2912 PvP Resilience (49.01%) it did 24356 none crit on him.

Yes. Pvp power, as the pet also has, is only active during arena or battlegrounds. Along with the blink strike bug, the hunter also has a 2set bonus that grants him (and his pet I assume, since they normaly share stats) 3200 pvp power, wich is kinda like the opposit of resilience, while rapid fire is active, along with beast withins 20% damage increase and readiness to do it all over again.. I wouldn't say the blink strike is the issue, the hunter is the issue. Allowing BM to have readiness along with such a powerful 2nd set bonus is just rediciously. Have you seen shadow priest 2nd set bonus? 70 int... Wow.. Who was last in line for cool set bonuses?
Edited by Starflikaboo on 05/10/2012 13:33 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Not sure about BGs but in Arenas, yes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Just tested it in arena vs random warrior and paladin, did 16046 and 18096, with Bestial Wrath.
Reply Quote
05/10/2012 13:32Posted by Starflikaboo
I wouldn't say the blink strike is the issue,

Blink Strike is the reason why hunter's are so awesome right now.

I've discussed this with many top hunters and all of them agree on this one. :)

Blink Strike damage just needs to be reduced by 50% or so and hunters will be perfectly balanced for rest of the season !
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter

Blink Strike damage just needs to be reduced by 50% or so and hunters will be perfectly balanced for rest of the season !

Can you give us some SS of numbers?
Edited by Shonera on 05/10/2012 13:46 BST
Reply Quote
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8449/8055516737_4b8776c28e_h.jpg

There.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Thanks.
Could you also add his PvP resi and the hunters PvP power?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
You could always check their armories. Lazy.

Here.

Andore (on Hoodstrong's 3's team)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Andore/simple

Nmmnmmn

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Nmmnmmn/simple
Reply Quote
Currently trying but I ain't getting anywhere near 100k+ crits. Highest I've currently seen is 55k...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest

Says a warlock. Your chaos bolts are even more fun to eat. 190k highest one I've seen on full resi, still waiting for a full geared warlock to break the record.

Because I'm destro on my warlock, right? Oh and yeah, forgot hunter attacks have a 3 second cast time. Not saying it's fine, but saying that that is more OP than hunter dmg right now is ridiculous.
Edited by Meldx on 05/10/2012 15:46 BST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
05/10/2012 13:42Posted by Kettux
I wouldn't say the blink strike is the issue,

So you would say the 3200 pvp power while rapid fire is active + bestial wrath is entirely balanced at the start of an expansion? Because, then you sir, are striving for unbalance.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]