Galleon respawn timer

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I dont know if there has been thread about this but anyway. It seems galleons respawn timer is several days while Sha's is only couple of hours. Why is this? And is blizzard going to do smth about it? It feels really stupid that it can be killed only couple of times a week while sha is killed couple of times a day.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
You are not limited to looting Galleon once a week unlike Sha. Think of Sha as a 7 day lockout, and Galleon a 3 day lockout.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Ah i didnt know that one : / Well that explains it, thx for the info
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
on a dead server with 1 guild you can think of them in terms of loot lockouts, but not on a high pop realms, where you got 5+ raids competing for every single Sha spawn, even during night and very early morning hours

this design is a pure fail, they should have made them summonable via something like sky shards (for that rare elite that drops the mount), and make it phase so the raid, that summoned it, could attack it (everyone else can only watch), not just any random spamming a macro and having lower latency and a lot of luck, at least then there is some chance of actually getting it
Reply Quote
70 Pandaren Monk
Well, after camping for several days in the same raid, there was always someone awake so you could ask if he had spawned.
Last spawn was 13/10-12 10:30.

09:20, 2h before maintenance was supposed to be done, he was spawned and killed.

So blizztard made me miss a raid by giving misleading information, tbh if i lived in USA i might have punched some employe.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I'm always at work when it gets killed. Only really wanna kill it for the Achi, world bosses are too much hassle to include in my gear planning anyway.

05/10/2012 21:14Posted by Corris
this design is a pure fail, they should have made them summonable via something like sky shards (for that rare elite that drops the mount), and make it phase so the raid, that summoned it, could attack it (everyone else can only watch), not just any random spamming a macro and having lower latency and a lot of luck, at least then there is some chance of actually getting it

You know, this is actually a really good idea, at least for people like me this would make the boss at least slightly accessible for me without having to stay off work for a week! :P
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
Point is even if he spawn...you get ..0
PLaying on a low pop server have killed him every week ...i use coin + and yes 28 stupid golds.
Well Time spawn with beeing lucky to kill= to get nothing? Profit? .i.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
on a dead server with 1 guild you can think of them in terms of loot lockouts, but not on a high pop realms, where you got 5+ raids competing for every single Sha spawn, even during night and very early morning hours

Totally agree. Nothing makes me rip out my hair more than when we struggle to get a raid together on the -few- times Galleon actually spawns, and some other raid beats us to the tagging of the damned thing.

Grrr
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Galleon is the only one i miss and so far w ehave had 1 kill in the guild an donly 1 person and i know of 1 other raid (horde) killing it. Sha vs galleon spawn timer is just way to far apart!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
never once seen Galleon spawn while i was online..

i do love the system on that "rare" dragon in the valley.. where you (as i am told) can only attack him if you unlock him..
Edited by Cleoo on 18/10/2012 13:09 BST
Reply Quote
87 Troll Rogue
never once seen Galleon spawn while i was online..

i do love the system on that "rare" dragon in the valley.. where you (as i am told) can only attack him if you unlock him..

You dont "unlock" that dragon...

You need an item to remove the shield he has on, that item is obtained from a ridiculous amount of farming and is consumed in the process.

The dragon only drops a mount btw.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
PLEASE FIX THIS RE-SPAWN! ITS RIDICULOUS.

BUMP
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
This spawntime is just the dumbest idea in the wow past... on our server its looking like this :

The server is almost one sided - Alliance wins. (this is ok, lets say)
But - Galleons spot is constantly overlooked by characters (prolly alts or so) of one (the biggest) guild on our realm.
It meas, EVERYTIME Galleon spawn, they know it, they are ready for raid, as the biggest guild on realm, in few sec, and pulling.
Pug raid is half empty and they get already kill...
In fact, me, and all my friends from this realm, has about 1 kill max, somebody has none. Coz all kills goes to this guild.
And all this is caused by this dumb repsawn time, and the 3 day lock period for Galleon. If Galleon would have same spawn and lock period of Sha = issue solved... Blizz should definetly reconsider this, because otherwise its really a free loot for big guilds, that have possibly enough ppl for overlooking the spawn point and make raid in few seconds...
My opinion = this sux hard.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
They won't fix it since like always is time consuming aswell money consuming.
I know people that won't get a chance of kill never.
I really love that at the start with pre mop...we gonna give the chance of people to experience World bosses...
Sha ? Is work's like Barading Hold..or Wintergrasp..
So we have only 1 world boss with a spawn time like ? I'm at 5 day and still nothing and playing in a low pop server aswell.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
after a good 14 hours of camping, following a few days from other players in raid, dun dun dun he spawns... long awaited, several raid groups frantically sharing the tag, me frantically healing as much as i physically can, he goes down, 4 days and 15 hours after the last kill, i get my title, i get my bag, i open with care and ... 28 gold... now i know its a rare spawn ... i understand that ... but nearly 5 days waiting for 28 gold is ridiculous ... keep the spawn time, its challenging, but the 28 gold reward is just unfair, for something with that long a timer, the reward should be guarenteed sorry but it just should
Edited by Treline on 04/11/2012 21:50 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Okay, it spawned late last night. Our ally group was a bit late and the Horde group started it and got the tag. Then our evil gnome somehow did some weird magic and got the red tag. Most of us still had the boss frame greyed out, the fix we did was hit boss and then /reload. Then we got it and the kill without resetting the boss at all.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
05/11/2012 14:14Posted by Naancy
Okay, it spawned late last night. Our ally group was a bit late and the Horde group started it and got the tag. Then our evil gnome somehow did some weird magic and got the red tag. Most of us still had the boss frame greyed out, the fix we did was hit boss and then /reload. Then we got it and the kill without resetting the boss at all.

Did all the horde die or is this some exploit which is the reason I keep finding grey mobs out of combat I can't loot after killing?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I don't know exactly what happened because the scene was chaotic as there were several groups trying to kill it. Yeah, I think the hordes wiped so our evil gnome was able to tag it.

I have been told that you only need one player in your raid group to have the red tag then everyone else in the group will get the kill by doing the same fix we did.
Edited by Naancy on 05/11/2012 15:28 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
5-kills-4 charm used reward was 28g50silver every time:D.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Reported to be 106 hours since last seen and killed. Weekly reset tomorrow.
Some people have camped it for the last 3 days on most of their time awake.

The idea might seemed good in the planning stage but this mechanic fails. Noone should be "forced" to camp and do nothing in a formed raid for 3 days straight for a large chance of getting 28 gold. Especially being unable to leave the area, do BG's, 5mans, raids or even questing.

If the spawn is supposed to be this rare, atleast make the spawn better known so that fellow human beings do not sit and be bored with wow for several days straight.

Suggestions
1) Some NPC can tell us when it is close to spawning (fine with nonexact times like with the time left on an item on AH).

2) It is invincible for say, an hour (buff undispellable and time left visisble). This will let the raids be made up without the wait and world PvP may kick off epicially (where applicable and if Blizz deems it viable)

3) Abandon the current model and make it like Sha.

Feel free to let Blizzard know of those suggestions and your own. Current system does NOT work.
Edited by Kandelah on 05/11/2012 17:18 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]