Spirit of harmony

90 Human Mage
I currently have 582 engineering and to level it any further with useful items I need spirit of harmony. Reason I want to max engineering is to get Blingtron 4000 He costs 4 spirit of harmony. While leveling I got 5-6 spirits of harmony which I used to level. Leveling took about 15 -20 hours played. I am a pvper I do not rep grind or raid often. How am I supposed to get spirit of harmony???? am I missing something?? this does not compute.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
You're a mage, what do you need Professions for? Just avoid spell reflect and enjoy another expansion of simple mass slaughter.
Reply Quote
6 Blood Elf Rogue
05/10/2012 21:59Posted by Peterneart
I currently have 582 engineering and to level it any further with useful items I need spirit of harmony. Reason I want to max engineering is to get Blingtron 4000 He costs 4 spirit of harmony. While leveling I got 5-6 spirits of harmony which I used to level. Leveling took about 15 -20 hours played. I am a pvper I do not rep grind or raid often. How am I supposed to get spirit of harmony???? am I missing something?? this does not compute.

Can't you AoE farm lower level mobs? Also you can literally farm Mote of Harmony using Songbell Seed by farming with the Tillers faction.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/faction/the-tillers
Edited by Sephie on 05/10/2012 22:10 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Why cant pvp obtain spirit of harmony so I can actually enjoy the game?

Mindless grinding is not good enough for me I'm afraid.
Reply Quote
6 Blood Elf Rogue

Mindless grinding is not good enough for me I'm afraid.

It's a profession. You have to work to level it I'm afraid.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Maybe you could grind them while queueing for pvp?

Also, you unnecessarily used those spirits to level engineering. I dinged 600 engineering on my rogue without a single spirit used.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
i grinded mine inbetween bgs, took about an hour for 2

just look in the right spots.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
thanks spehie ill look into that
Reply Quote
Got my gnome engineer to 615 (600 in real terms) easily without using any harmony stuff :) Just make anvils - cheap enough and eventually useful
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Just spend 10 min each day on your farm, at the end you get 1.6 spirits of harmony each day. Good luck :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
05/10/2012 22:09Posted by Peterneart

You want to make an item that has nothing at all to do with PVP but don't want to take part in the majority of the game to make it...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
06/10/2012 02:09Posted by Pinatubo
You want to make an item that has nothing at all to do with PVP but don't want to take part in the majority of the game to make it...

It has nothing to do with PvE either. If you like to farm stuff by grinding boring stuff for ages like a good little rat in a skinner box, good for you, but some people like to do things that are at least vaguely engaging.
Edited by Cielina on 06/10/2012 02:38 BST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
06/10/2012 02:32Posted by Cielina
but some people like to do things that are at least vaguely engaging.

And what people find engaging is in absolutely no way individual I assume?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I'll save you the effort: Blingtron is crap and a waste of money. You will never make your money back on it receiving 3g a day, placing in the time it takes to kill a mob.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
What Raiju said. As is, I've managed to max Engineering and make myself a pair of goggles... and from dailies and a few dungeons I have nearly 15 spirits of Harmony sat in my bag doing sod all. They're pretty easy to come by.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It does seem as though professions are a little unbalanced.

I've levelled Tailoring/Enchanting/Alchemy without the need of any Spirits.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
It does seem as though professions are a little unbalanced.

I've levelled Tailoring/Enchanting/Alchemy without the need of any Spirits.

I can see why enchanting and alchemy, but tailoring? It becomes next to impossible at 590 since the green recipes dont even give a point every 10~ crafts.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Winge winge winge winge winge.
Sick to death of whiners, my god. Please get out.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
i done tailoring with ease with about a billion stacks of cloth so i hardly noticed .. have to say love the cloth drop rate this expansion .. and without any spirits also. grinded zee greens
Edited by Salindrill on 06/10/2012 04:40 BST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I got my LW to 600 before I found out where to buy the PvP patterns, so I did the last 15 levels or so making greens. No problem.

Enchanting was stupidly easy this expansion. My level 81 alt reached 610 by spending about 200 gold and DEing all BoEs my main gathered while leveling from 85-90 and she still has lots of dust left over.

I really doubt there's any profession where you *need* to use spirits to level. If you choose to do so, don't complain afterwards you don't have enough left. I made the mistake of buying lots of LW patterns because I thought i wouldn't need them for epics until I got revered with the faction, only to find out it's only honored now. So I'l 11 spirits short. I won't complain, though, I'll just grind some new ones.

Either decide your item is worth the time it takes to get 4 spirits or decide it's not and act accordingly. Don't come complain here.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]