Mists of Pandaria - Patch 5.1 PTR Coming Soon

Community
While Mists of Pandaria already comes packed full of some of the most diverse and expansive World of Warcraft content to date, we’re staying true to our goal of delivering new content faster. With that in mind, we’re pleased to share that the first major Mists of Pandaria content update, Patch 5.1, is well underway.

In fact, our plan is to release a build of patch 5.1 on the Public Test Realms soon so you can experience it for yourself! Initially, the PTR build won’t include all of the 5.1 patch content, but here’s a glimpse of the major features that are already in the pipeline.

Patch 5.1 Features:

Pandaria and the War of Conquest

While members of the Horde and the Alliance have been busy exploring the exotic continent of Pandaria, Garrosh and Varian have been gathering their forces in preparation for the struggle to exert the influence of the Horde and the Alliance over these long-lost lands. Players who have quested through Pandaria will see forces of both factions arrive in force on the shores of the unspoiled continent, bringing the tensions between the Horde and the Alliance into sharp focus. New daily quest hubs and faction reputations will be available to adventurers eager to do their part in the brewing conflict.

Brawler’s Guild

Underground fighting rings have sprung up in Stormwind and Orgrimmar that will give brawlers a chance to earn bragging rights by testing their solo PvE mettle against some of the toughest creatures found in World of Warcraft. The first rule of brawls is you don’t talk about brawls. The second rule…

Pet Battles Improvements

Several UI and other improvements will be added to the Pet Battles system, including a way to upgrade the rarity of pets that you’ve captured.

Item Upgrades

You will be able to spend Valor Points to improve the item level and quality of gear you already own.

The Quest Continues

Wrathion is keenly interested in the conflict exploding between the factions on Pandaria’s southern shore. He’s sure to have additional tasks for players to complete as they continue their quest for Legendary gear.

Keep in mind this is only a taste of what’s to come, and that there’s even more in store. Stay tuned for more details as we prepare release Patch 5.1 for testing!
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Mage
HOLY AWESOMENESS!!
and I'm second :P
Edited by Epicphoenix on 05/10/2012 17:12 BST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
Impressive.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Great! Keep new content with this rate!
Erm... It seems 5.1 won't include Dungeons/Raid/BG-s? Will 5.2 include these features?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
nice patch guys GJ
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Mage
Great! Keep new content with this rate!
Erm... It seems 5.1 won't include Dungeons/Raid/BG-s? Will 5.2 include these features?

They may include more dungeons and raids later.. the things they stated may only be a few of the many things to come! However even if they don't come out.. we should still be having fun with the Original MoP content.. well not everyone will but you know what I mean!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
5.1.x will probably include that Troll/mogu raid.... Though I kind of like the idea of letting us test the new dailies and such things before we move on to raiding.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Human Death Knight
05/10/2012 17:01Posted by Nidrorian
Players who have quested through Pandaria will see forces of both factions arrive in force on the shores of the unspoiled continent, bringing the tensions between the Horde and the Alliance into sharp focus. New daily quest hubs and faction reputations will be available to adventurers eager to do their part in the brewing conflict.

I'm going to be honest. Whenever I see the word "brewing" in relation to something developing in Mists of Pandaria, a little bit of me dies inside. It's a terrible word to use when the expansion is about a race of drunkards.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
So if 5.1 is coming so soon does that mean we could see more than 3 big content patches this expansion, like maybe we could have a 5.4, imagine that Garrosh in 4.3 wouldn't be the last boss after all :P
Reply Quote
90 Orc Mage

item Upgrades

You will be able to spend Valor Points to improve the item level and quality of gear you already own.

Oh this is really interesting! Couldn't so insane prices since the max cap on VP is 3000.
I love this move. More ways to upgrade your gear outside a HC raid :D

Wonder how much you could upgrade something? Hehe.
This is exciting! :D
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Anyone know when it will come out on the PTR?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
06/10/2012 01:51Posted by Doomsinger
Players who have quested through Pandaria will see forces of both factions arrive in force on the shores of the unspoiled continent, bringing the tensions between the Horde and the Alliance into sharp focus. New daily quest hubs and faction reputations will be available to adventurers eager to do their part in the brewing conflict.

I'm going to be honest. Whenever I see the word "brewing" in relation to something developing in Mists of Pandaria, a little bit of me dies inside. It's a terrible word to use when the expansion is about a race of drunkards.

how come all ur posts are green
Reply Quote
6 Blood Elf Rogue
Brawler’s Guild

Underground fighting rings have sprung up in Stormwind and Orgrimmar that will give brawlers a chance to earn bragging rights by testing their solo PvE mettle against some of the toughest creatures found in World of Warcraft. The first rule of brawls is you don’t talk about brawls. The second rule…

Item Upgrades

Fantastic!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
08/10/2012 19:17Posted by Deathgazek
how come all ur posts are green

He's a MVP... Most Valued Poster

It means that he/she (and others with green) have contributed in a way that Blizz sees fit that they deserve some recognition for going out of their way to help others on the forum.

On topic...
I'm intrigued in the brawlers thing... Never saw that coming.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Hope this patch also does fix the Kernal error problem people + my self are getting. I'm actually paying for gametime, and are not able to play this game after 5.0.5 patch did come out. Hope you guys are doing something with this problem
Reply Quote
78 Dwarf Shaman
we’re staying true to our goal of delivering new content faster.

Forgive me if I'm a little dubious of this, but didn't you guys say this about cataclysm and we all know how that ended up. I'll reserve judgement.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
First rule of brawl? Second rule of brawl? I SMELL AN ACHIEVMENT!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
How it's written there it's wonderfull but, that was the same for CRZ, so I'll wait and see what it brings.

Heizyou™
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Can't wait.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]