Windsong vs Elemental Force

90 Human Monk
Ive been testing both as dps and it seems that windsong does not proc enough for us right now ( at least for me ) to be better than elemental force.

Ive tested 3 combinations over the same period of dmg done ( 20 mil) multiple times on a boss dummy while using the exact same rotation every time.

dual windsong
windsong+elemental force
dual elemental force

the difference between windsongx2 and elementalx2 was so big (2-3k more dps with ele)that I doubt windsong can possibly be better and the proc rate seems to have been decreased alot compared to what it did for me while lvling.

I dont really want to hear what simcraft told you but rather if other people notice this aswell while actually playing the game and what their take is on this as alot of websites/forums advice to take windsong untill you can upgrade it with the best wep enchant.
Edited by Emunah on 09/10/2012 05:55 BST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
I took elemental force only because it was tons cheaper. Cost me 20 gold / enchant while windsong was above 200 gold. That alone and the fact that our weapons will be changed within a month and you will have to apply dancing steel instead makes elemental force the obvious choice :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Thanks, I did wonder...but already spent the 500g on each wind song, is it much of a difference? I need to know as I start M'V on Thursday.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
09/10/2012 08:10Posted by Chintufat
Thanks, I did wonder...but already spent the 500g on each wind song, is it much of a difference? I need to know as I start M'V on Thursday.

On average 1.5k more dps with Elemental Force during my tests, so I will definitely run with that one for now untill I upgrade my weps and use dancing steel.
Edited by Emunah on 09/10/2012 09:58 BST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
09/10/2012 09:56Posted by Emunah

On average 1.5k more dps with Elemental Force during my tests, so I will definitely run with that one for now untill I upgrade my weps and use dancing steel.

Okay I shall try it tonight, apart from the fact you are a Gnome, how did you compare to other dps in your two Raid kills?
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
09/10/2012 10:10Posted by Chintufat

Okay I shall try it tonight, apart from the fact you are a Gnome, how did you compare to other dps in your two Raid kills?

High up if not top on the meters usually with only mages and warlocks being able to beat my dps output, but I do manage to beat them every now and then, on Elegon monks are one of the few if not the only viable melee to use on progress because of our insane mobility wich also helps alot in doing alot of dps.

Just be sure to use touch of karma and diffuse magic on clever moments to avoid dmg taken while using it as a offensive cd.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]