08/10/2012 13:53Posted by Nevian
Simple - doesn't matter.

08/10/2012 13:56Posted by Arasz
So 2h, because have better stats then DW in PVP

08/10/2012 13:53Posted by Nevian
Simple - doesn't matter.
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Monk
Well if you compare 2x Malevolent Gladiator's Ripper and a Malevolent Gladiator's Staff, it does seem like the staff provides more stats. I'm not sure really. It should be equal...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
but the staff dosnt provide 2x weapon enchants
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Monk
08/10/2012 14:40Posted by Soku
but the staff dosnt provide 2x weapon enchants

Ah, good point.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Is it just me that finds it weird that the staff max damage is 8416 and the 1h is 8791, the min damage is also different, but I guess im used to see a big max damage on a 2h instead of a 1h?

Not to mention the 2.6 attack speed vs. 2 sec on the 2h staff, seems like monk auto attack will be quite fast?
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
Does the speed on the weapon matter, dmg wise on spells like sun rise kick? If i have the slow polearm instead of the fast staff. Will my sun rise kicks do more dmg?
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I'm going with dw because dancing steel+weapon chain is win.
Sitting in those 10sec disarms isn't cool. On top of that wep chain gives 200expertise which lessens the stat gap between 2h and dw.

You need the expertise cause especially plate classes have a lot of parry these days.
Reply Quote
So 2h or 1h PVP ?:P
Reply Quote
dual welding has been shown to have SLIGHT damage increase in both pvp and pve and it offers an extra enchant. but also bare in mind 2H has a better burst potential since the damage is bigger yet slower but is carried on in some abilities that use weapon damage to generate its total damage. As for myself I carry both types for how I am feeling on that day.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Sitting in those 10sec disarms isn't cool. On top of that wep chain gives 200expertise which lessens the stat gap between 2h and dw.

Monks can use all their abilities while disarmed, so it doesn't really matter. In fact, we just gain from it since we get this 25% dodge chance for 5 seconds after being dismantled.

Yes, we can even use Jab while Disarmed.
Edited by Manjbisk on 11/10/2012 05:05 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk

Monks can use all their abilities while disarmed, so it doesn't really matter. In fact, we just gain from it since we get this 25% dodge chance for 5 seconds after being dismantled.

Yes, we can even use Jab while Disarmed.

Yup but our damage is terrible while disarmed. Try it out
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Adaptation only gives us 25% dodge for 5 seconds. And our damage is low when disarmed.
Disarms removes your weapons for 10 second, unless you have the weapon chain. Then its 5 seconds.

In other words, this ability was build to work with the weapon chain.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'm going DW.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
One important and unfair note here is:
2handers cost: 3500 conquest points
1handers cost: 2500 conquest points

In other words, if you want 1hander weapons, you have to pay 1500 conquest points extra...
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
But it's worth every single conquest point to w8 for the one handers.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
One minor point in 2h's favour (maybe to combat enchant a little) is that the haste scales multiplicatively with haste rating for your melee haste. You will get more melee haste per point as 2h, and thus the amount of tiger strikes are a bit higher than expected. 2h is also better for swapping because it strikes faster than Dw, but that's also a very minor point, as is the fact that you still land less hits to lower the chance to proc defense passives on the enemy.

Overall, I think that you can use a weapon chain in the OH will make DW a little better.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
You have to look at passive skills to tell which one is better. Ive only been playing WW for a couple days but as far as I remember there is a buff that gives "X next auto attacks strike for extra damage". DW must be better for this, because we cant be 100% of the time in melee range to do the attacks
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]