Launcher keeps checking for updates.

90 Dwarf Shaman
NoM
Hello,

When i want to start the Game by double clicking or using the shortcut to the launcher it keep telling me in the small grey box, Checking for Updates. For like 2 hours. The game it self worked until to day, because it forces the Launcher updater.

I have turned off the windows firewall, also turn off the rest of my security software, but still no luck. Also tried it with turning of my firewall in my Modem/Router that didn't work either.

Then did a search on the forums, found this: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5615972315?page=1#11

So i tried to repair it, but that doesn't work.
Any other option then just deleting the whole game and doing a fresh install?

Berioh
Edited by Berioh on 11/10/2012 16:20 BST
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Human Death Knight
Can I please ask which security software you use?

Quite a lot of security software keeps running in the background, even when "disabled".
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
NoM
Hey,

I disabled them by removing them :D and of course i have rebooted my PC.

Also when and tried a new install on a other harddrive but the "funny" thing is...
The Installer of the fresh downloaded client doesn't run.

Berioh
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Then did a search on the forums, found this: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5615972315?page=1#11

So i tried to repair it, but that doesn't work.
Any other option then just deleting the whole game and doing a fresh install?

Berioh

I tried removing the files listed but it didn't work, I think I'm going to try a fresh install.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
NoM
11/10/2012 18:17Posted by Zellda
I tried removing the files listed but it didn't work, I think I'm going to try a fresh install.

Well i tried that... and that didn't work. At the moment i'm reinstalling windows on a other harddrive to see if that works.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Kinda sad... I got laptop that I use only for Office and the result is...the same as the desktop one..... error....
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
NoM
Well i can tell you that a Reinstall of Windows does the trick...
But that should not be the case in my opinion.

Maybe it something we have in common with our Hardware.
I'll see if i can find any other solution.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
So i removed WOW and restarted my PC, I Downloaded the 117mb WOW client launcher and guess what happens when I open it.

It's stuck on "Updating Setup Files" same as before.
I would appreciate a blue post pls
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
NoM
So i removed WOW and restarted my PC, I Downloaded the 117mb WOW client launcher and guess what happens when I open it.

It's stuck on "Updating Setup Files" same as before.
I would appreciate a blue post pls

I've tried that too, alo didn't work like i said :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I have done everything! Deleted what the stuff says and reinstalled it now It is just completly stuck on "Checking for updates" :(
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Monk
04/04/2013 19:13Posted by Joshwoodw
I have done everything! Deleted what the stuff says and reinstalled it now It is just completly stuck on "Checking for updates" :(

Open internet explorer (even if you never use it) and go to Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN settings. Make sure everything is unchecked. Click OK to exit those, go to the File menu and make sure "Work offline" is also unchecked.
Edited by Nyshae on 04/04/2013 19:19 BST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
I'm so sick and tired of this! I have this problem almost every time I launch WoW and it wont stop. I have restarted my system, turned off all my security stuff and deleted it, done a fresh install and it still has the same problem! Could someone PLEASE work out a way to solve this?

PS: I know I have a crap name for my character, I'm just a noob
Reply Quote
6 Orc Warrior
i hate that i cant play the game :_: i wanna play so bad and when i open the game it says checking for updates so bored of that D:
Reply Quote
2 Blood Elf Hunter
If you use Google chrome, make sure you download it from Internet explorer. It worked nicely for me! [item="golden drake" /]
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]