Cloud serpent reputation, and the cloud serpent riding.

90 Pandaren Shaman
Greetings everyone.

I have been thinking and im probably not the only one about something.
I was wondering about the order of the cloud serpent reputation and the Cloud serpent riding skill that comes along with hitting exalted.
After getting the Glory of the pandaria hero achievement and reaching exalted status with the order on my shaman, i wondered one thing.

After having grinded quests/eggs etc etc from the cloud serpent daily's on one character, wouldnt it be fair to give the cloud serpent riding to alts aswell?

It would be just like the netherwing drakes, they are done on one character and are still able to be mounted on alts.

I was wondering about the opinions on this from others, and hope for some positive reactions.
Edited by Hairytotems on 11/10/2012 13:10 BST
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Gnome Priest
I'm a little split on that.

On one hand, then it makes sense because the serpent mounts are account–wide, so it makes sense that if you can use them on one character, then you can use them on all. That's sort of the idea behind the account–wide system in the first place :P

On the other hand, the storyline behind the Order of the Cloud Serpent is that you – the character – has to raise a serpent, defeat some bad guys, and ultimately join them in order to be allowed to fly the serpents. Like, it's a priviledge you earn.
I think something is lost there if that whole process just has to be completed once, because the storyline is very focused on the individual character.
And finally, Blizzard are making it easier for alts to earn reputation, so getting exalted with the Order of the Cloud Serpent shouldn't take that long the second or third time you do it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I think that cloud serpent riding should be account wide, I don't mind if this is through a Account wide tome, like the Northrend flying tome or have it so you can only learn the mount if you've got serpent riding; but able to ride it on all characters after you've learned it.
I have done the quest line, i freaked out how cute the serpent was, and now i ride it whenever i can (until i get the onyx serpent). But now i have to do the quests for two weeks on every character to even ride a serpent.
I am hoping that 5.1 or a small patch arrives soon to give that if you have revered on one character you get bonus rep on all characters, at least then its just a week and isn't too painful to deal with :P
Edited by Akarui on 22/10/2012 03:49 BST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
On the other hand, the storyline behind the Order of the Cloud Serpent is that you – the character – has to raise a serpent, defeat some bad guys, and ultimately join them in order to be allowed to fly the serpents. Like, it's a priviledge you earn.
I think something is lost there if that whole process just has to be completed once, because the storyline is very focused on the individual character.
And finally, Blizzard are making it easier for alts to earn reputation, so getting exalted with the Order of the Cloud Serpent shouldn't take that long the second or third time you do it.

You could say the same thing about the Netherwing mounts, yet that didn't stop them from being account-wide.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
22/10/2012 04:00Posted by Arthasdkdk
You could say the same thing about the Netherwing mounts, yet that didn't stop them from being account-wide.

Difference being that Netherwing is far from current content ofc
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I want to ride my cloud serpents on alts but I'm really not going to grind to exalted again...
Edited by Vaela on 22/10/2012 10:03 BST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
My alts are nice guys. They understand they will never get cloud serpents so they wont cry about it.
Reply Quote
I was super excited to get my cloud serpent then I realised that flying it made me want to puke. So none of my toons will ever be flying it, exalted or not!

Red flying disc ftw
Reply Quote
83 Gnome Death Knight

Netherwing mounts were made accountwide...3? expensions after they were current content.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
I just dinged 90 on my mage literally a few seconds ago and realized I can't use the cloud serpents. And there's just no way in hell I'm going grind up to exalted AGAIN.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I was somewhat annoyed, after spending several hours grinding rep on my druid (not my main, just my raider) as it had the highest rep, with the intentions to use on this rogue, i was rather supprised to find blizzard dont alow alts to use them. which to me is bizzar. and i hold the same opinions with ALL mounts, tittles, pets - every account wide / pre account wide vanity pet. heres why.

its not the character achieving such goals / achievements. it us. we earned them fair and square. why dey do dis?

and i see no reason for it to be about mains, there encouraging alts leveling with the achivement to level more than 1 and even 2 factions. but there also un encouraging us by slaping us in the face when we DO hit 90 with "GRATZ 2 90's! wooo have fun with all the cool new features like cloud surpents, Oh btw you cant use your cloud serpents"
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
what i think they should've done for the cloud serpent rep grind would be to say that you can't buy any other serpent, other than the one you raise, make the riding account wide, but then say that if you want any others (out of the first 3) then you need to re-do the rep grind on an alt. it would be nice if this could be possible, but i know that a lot of people who have gotten exalted have already bought the 3 mounts on their mains. although i do think that it would be nice to have the riding account bound, we have to remember that back in TBC, they didn't have account-wide mounts, and so if you wanted a netherwing drake on your main, you'd have to do all the dailies again.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
what i find silly is the following.

you spend time as a player raising and training your serpent so that one day you can ride them.
and you do all this work yourselfs.
then , when you finally reach exalted and your serpent is trained and trusts you allowing you to ride him/her , you need to "pay" in order to actually ride it.

does not really make much sense to me anyway , not even lorewise.
if the whole purpose of the training if so you can ride it , then why pay gold to even be able to ride it.

would it not have made more sense storywise for the order to say "listen we are willing to sell you a fully trained cloudserpent for you to ride and join us in our fight , BUT you will have to prove to us you are worthy of joining us and pursising a serpent by fullfilling these tasks we give you"

training a serpent to ride it , then paying to actually be able to ride it ...... seems odd to me ( again storywise )

as said , would have made more sense to preform tasks untill exalted to prove yourself worthy of getting a fully trained serpent
Edited by Andokai on 10/11/2012 14:21 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
[quote="57231982412"]I was super excited to get my cloud serpent then I realised that flying it made me want to puke. So none of my toons will ever be flying it, exalted or not!

To be on it, is like riding the rollercaster.... y it can make you almost dissy...
I newer liked those big bomber planes.. I prefer to fly a speedfire.. currently i use the cenarion hippo that gave me the "breaking the sound barrier" acchiv.

small and swift and no jumping..
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
11/10/2012 13:37Posted by Jito

I beat some baddies in a race and collected 35~ eggs.
Reply Quote
78 Undead Warrior
Grinding the same thing over and over and over is simply not fun...cmon blizz,what are you thinking?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]