City Exploit Hotfixed

Community
Earlier today, certain realms were affected by an in-game exploit, resulting in the deaths of player characters and non-player characters in some of the major cities. This exploit has already been hotfixed, so it should not be repeatable. It's safe to continue playing and adventuring in major cities and elsewhere in Azeroth.

As with any exploit, we are taking this disruptive action very seriously and conducting a thorough investigation. If you have information relating to this incident, please email hacks@blizzard.com. We apologize for the inconvenience some of you experienced as a result of this and appreciate your understanding.
Reply Quote
38 Human Rogue
You've got to admit, it was pretty funny despite someone being a little exploiting so and so.
Reply Quote
20 Human Hunter
LOL
Reply Quote
45 Pandaren Warrior
Oh.

I thought the rapture had come early..
Reply Quote
Since it is fixed now, what was the exploit?
Reply Quote
60 Blood Elf Paladin
Thank god! I sent you an email with information about the hack it self.
Reply Quote
45 Pandaren Warrior
Also, I'm pretty sad it wasn't a rogue gm.

It would have made an interesting story.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
best hack eu
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
07/10/2012 23:03Posted by Shalamon

It wasn't an exploit, it was a hack, a hack that allowed blocked scripts to run (I think), which made them use a spell they call Aura of God (or Aura of Death) that kills everything within their custom range. Thank god for playing on a low pop server where such event would not even be fun :P
Reply Quote
- CS
90 Draenei Priest
They didn't bother on my server either.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
07/10/2012 23:23Posted by Discomanco

It wasn't an exploit, it was a hack, a hack that allowed blocked scripts to run (I think), which made them use a spell they call Aura of God (or Aura of Death) that kills everything within their custom range. Thank god for playing on a low pop server where such event would not even be fun :P

Thank god for playing on Kazzak where the queues are 3hours +
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Why do I always miss these things...-_-
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I just saw the video and I have to say that's some scary stuff. Just walking around killing everyone with one button. Imagine what else they can do...
Reply Quote
77 Pandaren Monk
good thing it has bin solved
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
07/10/2012 23:03Posted by Shalamon

I HEARD it was a Paladin exploit ...
Reply Quote
14 Pandaren Monk
07/10/2012 23:56Posted by Rorcanna
Why do I always miss these things...-_-

I was there when it started on my server. At first it rained flying guards then the true horror started. People just died where they stood and the floor was littered with bodies. It was horrible, then it became funny, then it was horrible again and then it was funny once more.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
http://i.imgur.com/3EsYL.jpg

Straight from Twisting Nether when it was impossible to be alive for more then 2 seconds during a period of 30 min - 1 hour.
Edited by Zailá on 08/10/2012 04:03 BST
Reply Quote
60 Gnome Rogue
07/10/2012 23:23Posted by Discomanco
a spell they call Aura of God (or Aura of Death)

When Death Note meets WoW :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Note
Just write the name down and...

I'm jaelous :) but well I have written a couple of names down myself, legitly though.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Ye, I'm sure it was only used in major cities.. I think chances are pretty huge they've used this in pve? As it kills non-players (mobs don't report) or you honestly think they just go about this for fun..
I'm happy we'll never know how much gold was made of this; but, to come to a point where you openly use it to kill ppl in cities..
Nice to know 'everything is under control' now
Reply Quote
Nothing happen in mine realm :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]