The Arboretum Quest Area - Death

90 Troll Hunter
Hello,

Most of you have never experienced this issue cause the chances to die with those quest are 10%-15% BUT if you die the penaldy is 10 minutes Ressurection Sickness or searching for the way back to your body for 20 minutes.

I really want to meet the guy who place the Graveyard at this location without giving the players a flying "spirit" mount while dead.

Just one thing -> :x
Edited by Catalyst on 09/10/2012 12:05 BST
Reply Quote
87 Undead Death Knight
Yeah, what the hell is that about? WHY would anyone design it like that? And why would they all agree to it being a good place? Madness.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Meh, it takes not even 2 minutes to run back to your corpse. Not exactly hard to find the route in the first place either, stop complaining. Now, if only they could fix that damned no fly zone over that stupid cave full of Hozen, I've been dismounted and fell to my death so many times because of that crappy cave.
Edited by Darkhuntsman on 26/10/2012 11:05 BST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
26/10/2012 11:04Posted by Darkhuntsman
Meh, it takes not even 2 minutes to run back to your corpse. Not exactly hard to find the route in the first place either, stop complaining. Now, if only they could fix that damned no fly zone over that stupid cave full of Hozen, I've been dismounted and fell to my death so many times because of that crappy cave.

You say stop complaining then complain about an issue that can be avoided simply by not flying directly over the cave xD

I remember having to take a while to find the little path that leads back up to the quest area, it was rather annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Now, if only they could fix that damned no fly zone over that stupid cave full of Hozen, I've been dismounted and fell to my death so many times because of that crappy cave.

Yeh... The first time I was... WTF? did someone just boomerang me out of the sky or what? Then it turned out that this cave goes all Zul'Gurub on me.
Reply Quote

I know your pain but luckily my monk has zen flight to save my hind quarters if I react quick enough.

I was hoping the no fly mount whilst dead thing is a bug, too many places are high up to reach on foot and I hate giving my guild a big repair bill to deal with.
Reply Quote
Community
Yes, we know it's a little awkward to get back to your corpse here, and we're looking into the placement of the graveyard nearest to the Cloud Serpent dailies.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
26/10/2012 13:39Posted by Takralus
Yes, we know it's a little awkward to get back to your corpse here, and we're looking into the placement of the graveyard nearest to the Cloud Serpent dailies.

What about the Seat of Knowledge where you can apparently be ganked, while listening to Loremaster Cho's story, with guards just standing at the door and doing nothing about it?
And many more places where corpse runs are just a pain in the back-part-of-my-body?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

Why can't you just put ghost flying back? :/
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
26/10/2012 13:56Posted by Meeria

"To encourage spirit-world PvP. We don't want players to just hop on their spirit-mounts and avoid the opponents. You know, we heard you like being ganked so we're adding ganking while you're dead after being ganked.
Also being ganked is not punishing enough, so we thought, that you'll spend more time running to your corpse, just to ress with half HP and die right again.. Or eat ress sickness and AFK for 10 mins. New gold sink! Yay everyone loves gold sinks!"
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
26/10/2012 14:02Posted by Demo

"To encourage spirit-world PvP. We don't want players to just hop on their spirit-mounts and avoid the opponents. You know, we heard you like being ganked so we're adding ganking while you're dead after being ganked.
Also being ganked is not punishing enough, so we thought, that you'll spend more time running to your corpse, just to ress with half HP and die right again.. Or eat ress sickness and AFK for 10 mins. New gold sink! Yay everyone loves gold sinks!"

Haha
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman

What about that area in the Vale of eternal blossoms where Major Nanners spawns? If you die up there it's a guaranteed ress sickness unless you can get a buddy to ress you within 6 minutes.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
26/10/2012 13:56Posted by Meeria

This a million times, and give back the real guild perk while your at it -.-
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
There are several places where you can't get back to your body. One exampel is where Major Nanners spawns. If you are lv 90 and are able to fly while alive, and can die in places you can in no way reach without flying, you should really be able to get back to your body in flying ghost form.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Hey all.

I find that there is absolutely no issue.

If you end up on the high graveyard, jump down, going South, and look at the land to the West, a few seconds running down there is a large gap in the land, if you run into that there is a big ramp which takes you right back up to The Arboretum again.

Sure it took me a while to find it too, but once you know it's there getting back to your body only takes as long as other graveyards.

I just want to be able to fly as a ghost again, a great feature removed.

Cheers!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Why not just a TP to another nearest graveyard auround corpse ?
Reply Quote
If touching the stove burns your fingers - don't touch the damned stove!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
God forbid that there would actually be a penalty for not being careful...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
There's also a bug(?) in the air which causes you(me) to dismount. I got dismounted one day flying to the caves, to do dailies, popped levitate and survived. I thought some alliance player used shell on me, and made me dismount. So after the dailies, I fly back, and again dismount on the same spot.

Then few days later, when I had forgotten that incident, I was flying to the caves, and changed channel on my television *character dismounts* *remote in right hand derp* *levitate is bound on shift+mouse4* *trying to make brain let go off remote and finger to press mouse4*, fail.*ooooh shiiii* ..I die... *iifuuu* Had to run back to the corpse.

Edit: Great to see someone else also gets dismounted in there.
Edited by Intern on 09/11/2012 13:03 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]