LFR "difficulty" - are you serious!??

90 Human Warrior
So, today - first approach in LFR. Catastrophic tank communication at the First Boss, as expected. Raid split up because one guy decided to had the brilliant idea to kick the tank who had less knowledge.

Second raid 5minutes later, completely new setup - except the tank from the run before, the guy with more knowledge.

It turned out that we approached the First Boss 3times with the 10man tactic of splitting them up etc - went too chaotic. Turned to stone all 3times. Then as a last attempt, we just pulled them together and nuked away.

What happened? Yes, you already guessed it right - they went down, easily.

We proceeded to the 2nd and 3rd boss with the same "tactic" of simply nuking away everything we had regardless of any "mechanic".

What happened? Yes, you already guessed it right - they went down, easily.

Loot: 3 Caches of Mogu Riches, not so rich. 85gold50silver total.

See you next week.

Really? Yes, I love the 10man approach currently. But what on earth is happening in LFR? With all respect but I am very sorry for those people who are not able to get into a premade yet and experience the "real" raid. How dull must this look to them?

<Edited for language ~ Takralus>
Edited by Hrotha on 10/10/2012 20:34 BST
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Worgen Druid
With the way you describe it, it sounds nightmarish. Or as I'd call it, a night in Vegas with coca-cola and ice, with hot chocolate fudge cake and vanilla ice cream!

What I mean to say is, the way you describe it makes it sound ever so easy. Is it really just Contra? I mean, "run and gun"? No tactics required, no "DPS go here, then here" and "all ranged stack here", etc? If that's the case, those who do get into premades are gonna be going through Hell, and then they'll be kicked.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
MoX
Our group on the other hand had a different experience, with a tank with full knowledge + a tank with no knowledge.

1st boss; 10 man tactics (1 on left, 2 on right). Pretty much ignored all the stuff on the floor but the tanks taunted each way. We wiped when we gathered all 3 beforehand as we became fully petrified :P

2nd boss; Pretty much ignored tactics

3rd boss; Wiped because no one killed spirits in Spirit World. Second attempt people listened, killed spirits and it was an easy kill.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I'm yet to enter.
I've been in the queue for 1 hour 20 minutes as a tank.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
LFR is once again free loot for all. I love the idea of showing everyone the content, but the rewards are way to high for such a little effort. I can litteraly go watch a movie and auto attack and still get the gear.

"You have to put epics in it otherwise people won't use the lfr tool"...

That means people are not interested in seeing the end game content, all they want is free epics.

Lower the rewards or buff the encounters.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I did LFR this morning, no idea of tactics. I just went with the flow, like pretty much 90% of the raid. Suffice to say, we only wiped twice downing the 3 bosses.

Not only is it ridiculously easy, it is even more mind-crushingly boring than the Dragon Soul raid. Sheer lack of imagination on Blizzard's part I'm sorry to say.

I'm not sure about the new loot system either. It's kinda confusing with no idea of what's up for grabs or what to roll for. I got a cloak out of it though, so not too bad.
Reply Quote
found it rather easy tbh bit to easy it was just tank and spank 0 wipes 0 people died
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
ANG
Guys slow down for a minute. You have to understand that Pandaria is made for the elite of the elite, the best players out there, those that do their dailys each day planting all kind of crops and think it's fine they get epics for that.
How do you expect those people would react if they couldn't go and simply push over the bosses for even more loot? :D
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I don't want to say anything as I haven't even got MoP yet, but the way you lot have described it- I'm not looking forward to it.
(I'm not looking forward to LFR; not the whole expansion) (:
Edited by Gillraw on 10/10/2012 16:52 BST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
I find it amusing that people are complaining against an entry level raid which people know is going to be easy and the rewards will not be as good as the normal and heroic versions and will take longer to get over time anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
ANG
10/10/2012 16:27Posted by Gillraw
I don't want to say anything as I haven't even got MoP yet, but the way you lot have described it- I'm not looking forward to it.

MoP can be summed up with pretty easily. HC Dungeons and LFR are an joke, nothing so far seems to be hard in any kind of way, PvP is utterly broken with hunters and warriors pretty much one shotting people and all you have to do is a lot of Daily's to get your raid gear thrown at you.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I find it amusing that people are complaining against an entry level raid which people know is going to be easy and the rewards will not be as good as the normal and heroic versions and will take longer to get over time anyway.

Entry level raid? Are you saying that it shouldn't even be remotely challenging? The hardest part about LFR is the wait time. In a game, there should be a challenge. If it has no challenge (standing and nuking for 3 minutes isn't in the slightest bit challenging) then why would it reward 476 gear? In fact, why are Sigils of Power even dropping from LFR bosses?
Edited by Kris on 10/10/2012 16:44 BST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I dont raid. Why would I bother running <insert raid name here> for loot and Valor? I'm a pvper. I'd rather watch paint dry than do PVE
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
You say it like LFR had some difficulty to it in DS.

10/10/2012 16:44Posted by Kris
In fact, why are Sigils of Power even dropping from LFR bosses?
Because there are raid finder versions of Sha touched weapons.

The randomness of sigils in LFR is strange. Guildies in the same LFR run managed to obtain 1-2 sigils yet I received none. Surely it should be everyone or no one like on normal?

Not a huge fan of the new loot system either. The loot window is nice for LFR (though annoying for 5 mans), but I actually preferred the old system where there was a chance of people ninjaing items or rolling for their friends.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
10/10/2012 16:49Posted by Freda
The randomness of sigils in LFR is strange. Guildies in the same LFR run managed to obtain 1-2 sigils yet I received none. Surely it should be everyone or no one like on normal?

They're random even on normal / heroic, though.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
MoX
10/10/2012 16:56Posted by Kris

They're random even on normal / heroic, though.

In normal everyone gets the token at the same time. In LFR it's like an extra drop for x person/people instead of everyone getting it.

10/10/2012 15:55Posted by Morbiax
Sheer lack of imagination on Blizzard's part I'm sorry to say.

Normal mode is fun, LFR isn't ^^
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
10/10/2012 16:44Posted by Kris

Entry level raid? Are you saying that it shouldn't even be remotely challenging? The hardest part about LFR is the wait time. In a game, there should be a challenge. If it has no challenge (standing and nuking for 3 minutes isn't in the slightest bit challenging) then why would it reward 476 gear? In fact, why are Sigils of Power even dropping from LFR bosses?

Why do you care what it drops and what others get? How does it impact on your game? I've never understood the reasons why people are so hung up on what others get, I agree LFR should have a challenge yes; but for you LFR is no challenge (fair enough) to others maybe it is. You just don't realise it because you're that good.

Your challenge is normals and heroics - not LFR!
Edited by Polgarix on 10/10/2012 17:54 BST
Reply Quote
6 Blood Elf Rogue
When I heard of LFR I thought it was going to be actual easy access for anyone to raids, not some water down version of raids.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
its LFR:
1)do normal than hc
2)start your own raid

but yes ilvl from lfr is a bit high

i dont raid a lot because i simply dont have the time
Edited by Talhawkin on 10/10/2012 17:53 BST
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Mage
LFR is intended just for you to see inside the raids and nothing more.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]