Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
05/12/2012 19:18Posted by Wootyadd a hidden dr that if you lost the control of your character for more than 12 seconds in the past 15 seconds you become immune to it for 10 seconds.
const int ccLimit = 20;
drCnt += cc.Duration;
if(drCnt >= ccLimit) return;
While I agree with the position I do feel that Death Knights above all other classes have evolved the least. Why is that? We're easily the squishiest class in the game and I don't feel that the high damage output possible as Frost Death Knight justifies us being so squishy. As for Unholy; same survivability as Frost but less burst which in the PvP climate of today means 9 times out of 10 its not viable in arena.05/12/2012 16:02Posted by NakatoirTo achieve this is very hard to do, especially when you remember that the game is constantly evolving and new classes, abilities and mechanics are being created. This is not us trying to make excuses mind you, it's hard, but we want to and owe it to you as the players to try our best to get this right.
I was just out in the krasarang wilds, and this fierce wild flamingo jumped me. Let me preface this by saying, it didn’t stand a chance; to put it in perspective, this flamingo had a better chance of acquiring a spaceship and flying to the Alpha Centauri solar system. Anyways, I proceeded to one shot this bird, reminiscent of seasons past when Kurum would resummon 4-5 monkeys only to have them die instantly. After looting this retarded bird, I spot out of the corner of my eye a seasoned level 87 Orc warrior. So feeling pretty good after that flamingo win, I decide to take on a real challenger. I stealth over and open with my coveted cheap-shot ability. Once he stabilizes at 30%, he decides to use his AoE kidneyshot ability, there was no cheating this death. A few 200k’s later; I’m at the graveyard wondering where I went wrong in life.
As I sat there pondering my life choices, I came to a grim realization; I had become the fierce wild flamingo.
*Then the rogue spots a trinketless healer and puts him in a stunlock so long its timed by calender months followed by a garrote, at which point the healer dies* The End.05/12/2012 20:03Posted by CptflopynutsSums up the rogues don't you think.
Greetings fellow forumers, and hopefully blues who will read this and pass it on to their developers.
What I've experienced so far in this season can be listed in numerous points, and has unfortunately made me quit the game as it is now. I'm going to list these below:
#1 150k+ crits on full resilience targets #2 Globalling #3 Too much control on classes who do not need it #4 Too much damage in general #5 Too much healing at times #6 Too much burst in both healing and damage #7 Too many spells to give or take in arena battles #8 Dispel not working properly #9 Diminishing ReturnsMore, descripted feedback of each of the points.
#1: 150k+ crits on full resilience targets
- This, has been seen by mostly BM hunters using Stampede, usually bursting someone down in a matter of mini seconds. And no, this is not exageration.
What I could see as a fix on this, is either a removal or 80% less damage done on the pets, and give them more duration, which results in less burst, but still an overall DPS increase with the duration of the pets.- This, has also been seen in numerous occastions though as a bursting way, exceeding the numbers of 150k and eventually leading to death within mere seconds, caused by these classes burst: Mages, Warlocks, Warriors What I could see as a fix on this, is a downright damage nerf to all of the classes. Chaos Bolt nerf with a 50% damage decrease, but a faster cast time, leading it to be at the same damage, but not exactly as bursty. Frost Mages just having their masteries removed because it's been out of control for way too long. Warriors, Skull Banner, Avatar, Berserker Rage, Trinket and all other cooldowns has to be on a seperate cooldown-management, having them not be able to be used at the same time, they are causing too much damage and are way too much out of control. You know you are, don't disagree with me.#2 Globalling
- This is a short one. I met a Rogue, Hunter and a Holy Paladin comp last night at around 2k~mmr in 3s, they managed to drop my DK, my Warrior and myself to 10% almost spiking every second between us, leading to us actually being dead within 15 seconds. This isn't right.
What I recommend as a fix would be something equivalent to reducing values of health and mana, to a number where scaling would be easier to edit and properly get a hold of and fix. If not that, then I recommend reducing all damage, health, mana, healing with 50% within arenas. With a side bonus of 20% reduced overall damage.#3 Too much control on classes who do not need it.
- This is a topic that needs to be adressed swiftly and dealt with. I'm seeing classes who has too much damage, and ontop of that an ability to lock down players for more than half the time needed to execute a target within this expansion. The classes who needs to be looked at and dealt with are these:
Warriors Mages Hunters WarlocksThese are the classes that trouble me the most. Hunters with their scatter-trap-silence-petstun and rinse repeat. Warriors with their double charge, Shockwave, Intimidating Shout and a double silence. Mages, well, need I say more? Warlocks, with their instant fears needs to be looked at, instant CC with 8 second duration, no thank you.
#4 Too much damage in general
- I've probably repeated this a few times, but there's way too much burst damage in the game, and it needs to be sorted. Resilience will not fix this.
#5 Too much healing at times
- Whereas healing is not always too much, I fear every class' burst healing is needed because of the damage in the game and the control that comes with it. This also needs to be adressed with what I adressed earlier with smaller vallues and easier to accordingly fix.
#6 Too much burst healing and damage
- Felt like I needed to repeat this. See #5, #4, #3, #2 and #1 for more information.
#7 Too many spells to give or a take in arena battles
- Over the time, where arenas started in The Burning Crusade, we didn't really have alot of spells to choose from, which made every class unique and very limited. This isn't a problem anymore as every class and their mothers seem to have a spell for everything and even the things we do not need. There's too many spells, and too many things to counter these spells.
- In short, there's too god damn many excess spells we do not need around and is basicly just a filler to make everything look shiny for casual players. Infuriating.
#8 Dispel not working properly
- With dispel on friendly targets having a cooldown and on enemy targets not having one, I can't feel anything else but wanting to have this being opposite, am I the only one thinking this way? With all the control and the debuffs in the game at the moment, maybe what we need is purge and the equivalence on cooldown.
#9 Diminishing Returns
- This, is the most annoying topic of all of them. The diminishing returns in this game as it is right now is downright pathetic, and it's not getting better. Having spells that gets you controlled up to 30+ seconds is not really anywhere near balanced as killing off a target from 100 -> 0% takes less than 4-5 seconds for the average player.
What I recommend as a fix would be having EVERY spell in the game on a diminishing return, leading to no control getting you above the 12 second limit, leading to some people actually having a moment to do something before they get globalled.You asked for feedback numerous times, this is the most descriptive and positive feedback I can give you, and I hope to god that you will make this a proper game in the future.
Ok, so here is my feedback:
MOP Arena impression
#1. Last minute decisions with no explanations - No MMR reset, No entry level PvP weapons
Solution: Reset MMR next season and dont change your mind 2 minutes before release. Patch in honor pvp weapons.
#2. Symbiosis working in arena ! (thank you as a holy paladin for "Rebirth" really useful while mages gets Healing Touch or Priest Cyclone, pvp balance at its finest...)
Solution: Disable Symbiosis for arena
#3. OP Classes + Globaling
Warriors = 3 man PvE boss with huge damage on cooldowns, super mobility, super control and extreme fully automatic selfhealing
BM hunters - no comments really, see feedback above
Mage - frost bomb combo hitting full pvp geared ppl in deep freeze for 120k
WarLock - 140k Chaos Bolts on full pvp geared ppl
Due to insane damage (even when wearing full Dreadful) ppl are dying in few seconds to double or triple dps FOTM comps
Solution: Its so broken that I start to thing its beyond repair, but you have very talented developers so I hope they will find some...
#4. Too much cooldowns and control - when do you plan to stop adding new buttons to press? I mean I like new things but this now feels more like playing piano and super fast cause the healing and damage is so bursty. Everyone now got everything - just crazy.
Solution: Remove some control and cooldowns from most problematic specs and decide to give them more dmg or more control not both at the same time. Remove, combine some cooldowns and/or not allow people to unload all at one time!
#5. Selfhealing - why are there even healers in pvp? Everyone now got so potent defensive and selfhealing abilities that doubbe or triple dps classes are doing better then those with healers. You need 2 dps to unload burst to take down warrior, ret healing OP, shadow priest healing OP, balance druid same...
Solution: Reduce it and remove some completely so that healers are actually needed.
New Expansion and new Season is showing how serious Blizzard takes balance in PvP and how "high" on a priority list it is for the release. I think this is most imbalanced start I have ever seen.
Absolutely no reason to play Arena until a patch comes. Really sad to see what you released and cant understand how this could pass any internal or open beta testing.
Final suggestion : Please admit finally that you are unable to balance this game for PvE and PvP with the same game systems. Separate it and balance separately so that its fair and square - skill based pvp experience for both types of your customers.
We have also implemented, with patch 5.1, a new system that is designed to prevent players from camping high ratings as well. This should alleviate some concerns with players reaching high ratings through their MMR and then camping those ratings, they will end up losing their ranking because those who continue to play and perform well in their matches should progress past them. You can read more on this system in the PvP blog here: ...
We made changes to the Warrior class by lowering the maximum stacks of Taste for Blood to three in PvP. We also recently hotfixed Demonology Warlocks, lowering the demonic fury cost and damage of Chaos Wave by 33%. Mages also received several changes in patch 5.1, they are too numerous to mention here so I recommend checking the patch notes out: ...
05/12/2012 16:02Posted by NakatoirWe know that PvP will never be a perfect picture of balance where both teams in every match up will walk into the arena, or even a rated battleground with a 50% chance of winning or losing.
05/12/2012 16:23Posted by VixeaWasn't that delayed for the future for some reason or another?
06/12/2012 07:50Posted by NakatoirWasn't that delayed for the future for some reason or another?
It was, yes. This was an unfortunate error on my part when rephrasing that particular paragraph. My apologies for any confusion, I have now corrected the mistake.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.