Guide to the Golden Lotus Faction Quests

(Sticky)

Community
We've seen some confusion about how to gain access to the Golden Lotus faction dailies in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. In case you've been having trouble getting where you need to be, below are some detailed steps to ensure you're on the correct path.

Spoiler Warning! This guide shares some details about the associated quest chain that takes you to the Vale of Eternal Blossoms and the Golden Lotus. If you'd prefer to naturally find your way there during your adventures, the first couple of bullets should be sufficient for pointing you in the right direction.

Here is how you get into the Vale of Eternal Blossoms:

• At level 87, go speak to Anduin/Dezco at the Temple of the White Tiger in Kun-Lai Summit and complete “A Celestial Experience.”
  • Accept the follow-up quest, “A Witness to History.”
  • Find Anduin/Dezco at the big gate north of the Vale. This will start a cinematic that opens the gates.
  • Turn in “A Witness to History” to Zhi the Harmonious at the Golden Pagoda in the center of Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
  • Accept and complete the follow-up quest, “The Shrine of Two Moons,” and “The Shrine of Seven Stars” (Horde/Alliance respectively).
  • If you're not level 90 you'll receive no further quests.
  • At level 90 you should return and pick up the quest chain again. Note that you must have trained flying to proceed.

• Pick up “The Ruins of Guo-Lai” and complete it.
  • This leads to “Out with the Scouts” and “Barring Entry.”
  • This leads to “Killing the Quilen” and “Stones of Power.” While in the ruins, you should also get “The Guo-Lai Halls.” If you don't get this quest near the entrance to the crypt, you can return to Anji Autumnlight to get this quest.
  • These 3 quests must be completed before you can complete “Leaving an Opening.”
  • Turn in “Leaving an Opening” at the Golden Pagoda, and this should lead straight into the dailies.

If you have any questions or concerns, or if you're still experiencing issues accessing the Vale of Eternal Blossoms or the Golden Lotus daily quests, please let us know.
Reply Quote
60 Human Warlock
We were waiting for news about get them all removed.
Reply Quote
81 Orc Hunter
That's great. Now will you head over to MMR reset & honor weapon threads and finally give us PvP'ers some answers?
Reply Quote
Not what I expected. Was hoping for some reputation increase etc. Don't wanna spend 3 months and 2 hours a day getting Exalted with them all.
Reply Quote
MVP - WoW, StarCraft II
90 Worgen Druid
08/10/2012 19:28Posted by Xistenz
Not what I expected. Was hoping for some reputation increase etc. Don't wanna spend 3 months and 2 hours a day getting Exalted with them all.

For what? So that players can reach ends faster in this game, and hence cause content consumption to (again) be horribly fast, and thus resulting in us getting bored with nothing left to do again?

No thanks. ;p
Edited by Danellos on 08/10/2012 19:42 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
oh thanks, even submited a ticket regarding this..going to cancel it now that I have found the answer.

Cheers!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I think the first part of this guide would be more useful under the title: "Guide to enter Vale of Eternal Blossoms", because I have indeed seen several people ask about that.

As for a guide to the dailies, I think most people looking to do dailies for a faction have the common sense to first complete that faction's normal quests.

The problem with the Golden Lotus faction is simply a lot of people hate dailies, period. Some of them will grind their teeth and do them anyway, others will just ignore the whole thing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
nice levelling guides but pvpers get ignored GJ blizzard ATleast give us a statement like we are watching the threads , or we are currently unhappy with the state of pvp but nooooooooooooooo heres how you do a quest
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I'm actually fine with the rate at which the rep increases and doing dalies however, I am VERY disappointed with the Shado-Pan needlessly and confusingly gating behind the Golden Lotus rep.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
nice levelling guides but pvpers get ignored GJ blizzard ATleast give us a statement like we are watching the threads , or we are currently unhappy with the state of pvp but nooooooooooooooo heres how you do a quest

Queue for a bg --> do pvp --> get honor points --> buy pvp gear --> repeat
Same for arena.

Rly not that hard right? ;)

And people are always unhappy with how pvp is. 'nerf frost mages!!', 'nerf blook dk's!!', 'buff ret palas!, 'warriors are OP in MoP!!' list goes on since vanilla. Yes PvP can feel unbalanced but what do you expect.. 1/2 of every class per team so that every side has equal class and role distribution?Why not make brackets that divide pvp players by average ilvl.. (sarcasm btw ;) )
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
i dont get it?
people in wotlk and cata moaned it was a grindfest for rep

BUT
they still camped for hours for that rare or mount!

got baron rivendare mount?

you can play how u want if u want to get rep them do it
if not do something else

SIMPLES
:)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Didn't have a problem with getting started with Golden Lotus. What I do have a problem with is after completing all the achievements for the lore objects all over Pandaria, and handing in all the items you get for them, I'm exalted with Golden Lotus and I'm not able to hand in the 2 quests to open up Shado-pan and August Celestials. So how and when is this gonna be fixed? Or do I need to go to war with Golden Lotus to reduce my standings with them?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Vale of Eternal Blossoms
More like Vale of Eternal Dailies.

:)
Reply Quote
I dont mind daylies, and i can see the argument of the slow repgain to prolong this expansion, but dont make the argument that we would be bored otherwise, because the golden lotus repgrind is just that, a grind, its mind-numbingly boring, and The Key To Success is the worst of all, why there a 1% dropchance on those freaking keys is a mystery.

Now that im on that subject, why is it that im fighting mutant turtles that doesnt have meat, and mutant mushans that doesnt have tongues, come on blizz, if you want it to be a rng thing atleast put the prefix Pristine on them, so that i know its not all that have them.
Reply Quote
I found a key 2 days in a row. but i agree.
i did these quests, repped up, and only got more dailies.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
i am still have the problem :S i have done the pre quest now im stuck i can't seem to find any other quests or what so ever. i have tried this advice but still no quests i have accepted the quest a celestial task that i need to get from neutral to revered with the golden lotus. but i can't find anything please help.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
May want to add a warning to the guide:

a few days after starting the dailies you will realise the futility of wow and wonder where it was that Bliz forgot how to make games fun rather than just boring inane time sinks.

Seriously bad game design, forcing dailies on people as the only content, give us rep tabbards back, WotLK was the high point of wow for a reason.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
i don't give a rat's !@# about your "guide".. BE CREATIVE! i am not gonna do any single daily! ..
what the hell are doing there at blizz heh? same $%^- since 2004.. /CLAP
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
For what? So that players can reach ends faster in this game, and hence cause content consumption to (again) be horribly fast, and thus resulting in us getting bored with nothing left to do again?

No thanks. ;p

So you rather stretch out content over a period of time of say like 1 year than to do it in say like 6 months? If you can do the same in shorter time then that doesnt configure as content, its just wasting time.. It has nothing do to with keeping busy cause nobody likes to be on a leash that makes them do the same everyday but for really long just so it seems we have content...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
totally disapointed and i blame myself... remove the freakin daily robot system for the love of god
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]