Discussion: Guardian Druid Stat Priority

86 Orc Warrior
Hello

Im a druid tank on my main and I've seen previously a lot of different tactics while gemming, enchanting and reforging guardian druids.

What is the best stat priorty for gems/enchants/reforging as guardian druid for the moment?

Sejta, the main tank of Paragon, got pretty much stam/agi enchants all over his gear, he also goes for soft cap expertise and obviously hit cap. But then he gems for crit also, is this intentional for guardian tanking or is it necessary if a fast swap to feral dps is intended throughout Heart of the Wild?

Ive seen a lot of different setups which results in a lot of confusion whether going for option A is better than going for option B.

Hit cap (~2500 rating) and expertise soft cap (~2550 rating) is a must. But its the stats after this that are cursed for the moment, we got stam, agility, dodge, mastery, crit to choose between. A stable option would be going for a build that can keep as much uptime on Savage Defense as possible, though the healing of Frenzied Regeneration are completely OP at the moment (if unglyphed). And gemming for dodge rating atm isn't giving enough percentage of dodge to be worth it. Im currently running with hit cap, expertise soft cap, ~28% crit in bear form, around 13% dodge unbuffed and ~3600 mastery rating (17-18%).

What do you think?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Hit cap / Exp soft cap > Crit seems to be pretty much it. All of those stats are focused on Rage generation, to maintain SD and use more FR's.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
11/10/2012 15:54Posted by Throrstout
Hit cap / Exp soft cap > Crit seems to be pretty much it. All of those stats are focused on Rage generation, to maintain SD and use more FR's.

this and when your crit is high enough that getting rage is not an major issue anymore, get mastery. your dodge is low and gets enhanced by savage defense anyway while mastery increases your effective health through armor.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
11/10/2012 15:54Posted by Throrstout

Pretty much this ^

The 35-40% range of crit is lovely, I've not got the gear to test over that but my rage gen is very good.
Reply Quote
Don't copy Sejta if you don't understand why he gears the way he does. That setup isn't for everyone.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Crits for tanks, bearform grants 50%extra crit rating(and haste) which is an huge boost, more crits=more rage and more rage= higher uptime on ragedumps like Savage Defense and Frenzied Regeneration, hit and ex so you wont miss (if you miss you wont get rage, duh).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
15/10/2012 00:05Posted by Cheebo
Don't copy Sejta if you don't understand why he gears the way he does. That setup isn't for everyone.

I know why he gears the way he does, and I say that the way he gears at the moment is good to recommend to anyone.

If you do not have any actual recommendations, I suggest you pack your artificial wisdom and use it somewhere else.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Haste deserves an honorable mention as it is not as useless anymore as it used to be. Haste (and crit) gains a 50% increase in bear, both will increase your rage generation, haste from white attacks, crit from mangle crit and white attack crit. Priority for me atm is something like hit cap->expertise soft cap->crit->haste->mastery->dodge
Reply Quote
36 Night Elf Mage
xs
20/11/2012 20:25Posted by Veryan
Haste deserves an honorable mention as it is not as useless anymore as it used to be

hmm I never checked this, but I thought ferals have their attack speed already fixed.
Do you mean that is because you can react faster, like faster gcd?
Because I already go for some haste in my blood dk and it really works great, because blood dk needs to do damage to actually heal and shield himself.
But, in cataclysm never seen any difference on my bear, even if I go full haste... not sure how things work for guardians now.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
imo the stat prio for guardian tank is hitcap 7.5% > expertise softcap 7.5%> mastery>dodge>crit.
you get 50% crit and haste buff from bear form + you get crit from agility so iam not realy reforging for crit since the agility and the bearform together wil take care of that.
with mastery and dodge as second stats iam pritty much not taking much damage and even my rage regeneration is fine i have a fine uphold on savage defense. healers have no problems
what so ever keeping me up so its al good :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]