Crossrealm

90 Orc Monk
Blizz could you please remove this crossrealm bull, or atleast limit it so that you can see eachother wile in group or you stand in dalaran.

Leveling is pain, 90s ganking over and over again, destroying towns, questmobs always dead...

Farmin up an new profession, blizz try yourself grinding some fel irons in hellfire...

Blasted lands?

i used to farm low-lvl-rares, and i enjoyed my low pop server, now i will never see an rare in example silitus again, and i have no interests anymore of leveling grinding proffessions.. this idea was crap.
Edited by Takralus on 12/10/2012 18:23 BST
Reply Quote
Community
As we've said before, the zones in World of Warcraft were designed with a certain population in mind. They were designed so that you had competition for things.

Again, when it comes to PvP, such is the nature of a PvP server. If you find a persistent group of players giving you trouble, there should be a few friendly level 90 players of your own faction willing to help out. Especially now that cross-realm zones are in place.

If you're experiencing bugs though, such as the ones you mentioned, we will of course look into them.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
yes but it's way to much, perhaps better spawntime on things? the zone chat is filled with complaining people, i like world pvp, i do...but if i try attacking someone, then he or i will be struck down by an 90 farming something, if you try to get som fel iron, you can sometimes fly a very long time, even in the other zones, nagrand is actually great, but even there all my mobs i need is usually dead.

we have been trying to fight back in trallmar, but more alliance like the whole "ganking" more then the horde, usually i let others live while they level, because i know how !@#$ing mad you get beeing ganked over and over again.. so there's no backup there.

and the bugs i have reported, have been ingame so sorry, what did u meen?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Blizz could you please remove this crossrealm bull, or atleast limit it so that you can see eachother wile in group or you stand in dalaran.

Leveling is pain, 90s ganking over and over again, destroying towns, questmobs always dead...

Farmin up an new profession, blizz try yourself grinding some fel irons in hellfire...

Blasted lands?

i used to farm low-lvl-rares, and i enjoyed my low pop server, now i will never see an rare in example silitus again, and i have no interests anymore of leveling grinding proffessions.. this idea was crap.

Are you on a PVP realm? Guess what? Ganking happens.

Deal with it
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
night elf sais what?
ganking im fine with, ganked 10 times by different toons at short time, not so much
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
As we've said before, the zones in World of Warcraft were designed with a certain population in mind. They were designed so that you had competition for things.

Again, when it comes to PvP, such is the nature of a PvP server. If you find a persistent group of players giving you trouble, there should be a few friendly level 90 players of your own faction willing to help out. Especially now that cross-realm zones are in place.

If you're experiencing bugs though, such as the ones you mentioned, we will of course look into them.

I don't think "working as intended" is a very helpful response when the intent is one that's disruptive to a lot of playstyles for a highly subjective gain. We know CRZs are an ongoing project, but it's not very encouraging to hear the same line of reasoning we've heard since the beginning repeated, despite many well articulated posts in the feedback thread explaining why it's so problematic.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest

Your words are nice, but sadly you systematically persist in destroying servers balance by allowing more of the same faction to stack to completely insane levels. I worked quite hard to convince alliance from Outland to use FCM to Twillight Hammer but you allowed actually more horde to move so we ended being outnumbered 1 to 4. Please tell me thats the "nature of PvP server" so I can stop paying my sub right now if so. If this game = being farmed daily by horde, then I'm out.

While I know that for your company services like Character Transfer bring alot of money, allowing one faction to stack 10 to 1, completely violate your expansion intentions to bring World pvP back. World PvP means we fight in the open, not executing the other faction by roflstomping them 10 to 1.

Even more, to add injury to offense, your CRZ brought MORE horde to already horde dominated realms. The ratio of encountering other players is this : at 10-20 hordes, you meet one alliance. And thats a fact.

And to add llife assault to injury, you boosted undead racials making it nr1, so more alliance who wanted to pvp rerolled horde.

Tell me, is that the ideea of the PvP server experience ? I am trying to be as constructive as I can, signaling your faults with the hope someone from your team will actually aknowledge them and maybe do something. Like boosting alliance racials to the point more hordes will simply reroll one, like not allowing dominating factions to receive more players and so on.

Please do something, forward our issues to your superiors, make an adress to the dev team, but not just post and telling us is ok, cause its not. I dare you to make an alliance character on Stormscale, Alakir, Twillight Hammer and level it to 90. You will be farmed in a way only a masochist individual would enjoy.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
many hordes also change to human for the double trinket.
I am starting to wonder if these "blue post" is real or some kind of auto reply on sertain keywords, like an GM i talked to twice..
Anyways, Blizz you see that people don't like this CRZ version, fix it
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Actually I DO like CRZ, but I find it completely idiotic that on my realm who is dominated by horde I meet MORE horde then before. On a high populated server mind you. Where is the alliance CRZ is supposed to bring on Twillight Hammer !?!?

epic fail so far imho.
Reply Quote
9 Draenei Mage
[Quote]As we've said before, the zones in World of Warcraft were designed with a certain population in mind.[/Quote]

Did you (lot), actually think about the PvE population at that time?. By the sound of it...you didn't or even couldn't be bother too.

So...just for once can you please answer the following with a straight answer.

Q) Are you going to give people an option to toggle CRZ on/off?

If you're experiencing bugs though.

Like CRZ?
Edited by Spacehopper on 12/10/2012 20:45 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

Actually, this is somewhat incorrect or at least misleading.
There should be people willing to help out, sure, but there's some difficulty when it comes to spontaneously asking cross-server people for help or otherwise contacting them as the /who command is very selective and unkind.

But that's a bug that's hopefully being sprayed.

There are other issues with the CRZ-system that are inherent design flaws, in my opinion. I do not agree with the "one size fits all" philosophy, and I don't think dismissing the OP's complaints is particularly helpful or endearing. Especially not since they could previously choose how much they wanted to interact with other players.

Make a good case for why highly populated zones (and all the included stress) are objectively more fun for every one of your players, and we might listen. But as it stands you're not being a great help.
Edited by Ariyel on 12/10/2012 20:49 BST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
12/10/2012 18:07Posted by Thecrane
and i enjoyed my low pop server,

This. This is why I prefer to play on low pop realms. I like having fewer people to deal with...
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
12/10/2012 18:29Posted by Takralus
there should be a few friendly level 90 players of your own faction willing to help out.

Personally, that is very hard to believe these days.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
12/10/2012 21:10Posted by Michelli
there should be a few friendly level 90 players of your own faction willing to help out.

Personally, that is very hard to believe these days.

Indeed. This statement makes me wonder if GMs still hang out on regular toons like they used to in WOTLK. I used to have a GM that would run pugs with us in Naxx. We didn't know he was a GM till someone kicked him and he used his GM powers to get back in the raid (saying something with a GM tag).
He told us he was "making sure PUG quality was good on our realm."
Do GM's still hang out and see how the community quality has dropped?
Reply Quote
62 Pandaren Monk

I don't think "working as intended" is a very helpful response when the intent is one that's disruptive to a lot of playstyles for a highly subjective gain. We know CRZs are an ongoing project, but it's not very encouraging to hear the same line of reasoning we've heard since the beginning repeated, despite many well articulated posts in the feedback thread explaining why it's so problematic.

So many times this ^^

It's so called 'features' such as this CRZ that get put across by arrogant game developers thinking they know what's best for us. As far as I'm concerned there wasn't anything wrong at all with the questing experience until CRZ came along and ruined it all. It may well be good for those on pvp realms but for those of us that are on pve/rp realms, CRZ is nothing short of a nightmare. Having said that, if they keep on polishing the t**d that CRZ is then perhaps it might just be gone forever ....
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/10/2012 18:29Posted by Takralus

With all due respect, we both know that isn't true. Since you implemented this appalling "feature", the following have been bugs from the start and are stilll there. Completely unaddressed:

- Lag upon entering any CRZ zone.
- PvP being automatically flagged for some PvE realm players as your system sometimes fails to note the difference between PvP and PvE realms.
- Two person flying mounts. Entering a CRZ zone and your party member gets dismounted.
- On the US forums, a lot of players cannot do time specific things (such as getting the Brewfest buff) as the system does not recognise time difference between the servers.
- The inability to ignore griefers. "Player does not exist" being a regular taunt from the game when trying.

Whilst not bugs, the following has occured due the implementation of this "feature":

- Extensive ganking. Please note, this is truly shocking when combined with point two above. My low level alt was ganked by some top level Horde. I play on a PvE server. A GM wasn't interested when I reported it.
- Harrassment of players. People are abusive to others and you do nothing. They cannot be ignored as stated above and you do nothing (yes, people have been abusive pre CRZ but it has risen considerably).
- I understand RP realms have suffered considerably as they have been paired with some none RP servers, despite what you claim. An obvious bug, but one you have ignored.

I tweeted Greg Street (Ghostcrawler) several times and eventually he replied to me with the following:

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/255818863596429312

"We've talked about CRZ on our forums. Twitter is woefully inadequate for such a discussion."

No, you haven't. As I say in my follow up tweet, you have ignored over 1,000 pages of anger to keep this pathetic "feature".

I genuinely fear for the subscription numbers, once the annual passes start to expire. I, for one, am cancelling both my accounts.

The US forums have two massive threads on this - ignored by Blizzard.
Edited by Garwen on 12/10/2012 21:58 BST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest

Sorry Blizzard, but I wholeheartedly agree with the Blood Elf here. And the 651 page thread http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6679517893?page=1 on the US forums which is STILL running would tend to suggest that many, many of your players are deeply unhappy with CRZ, and remain so. I can't help feeling that Blizzard just are not hearing the well reasoned, eloquent reasons why PvE'rs are disliking CRZ so much :(

We are not all asking for it to be scrapped - simply allow us to toggle on or off, that's all :) Don't want to spoil the fun for people who enjoy it!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]