Botting... now it seems it legal.

89 Undead Mage
Everyone and his little sister is botting in BG's at the moment.
And nothing is being done, Absolutely nothing.

I am seriously thinking about joining them if this keeps up...
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
There are car thieves all around the world too, millions of them. Time to steal cars too cause that means its legal!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vahzl
90 Dwarf Shaman
Raven Knights
There are car thieves all around the world too, millions of them. Time to steal cars too cause that means its legal!

True
Reply Quote
89 Undead Mage
I just did a WSG and only 1 Alliance player wasnt a bot.
The rest was running around along the same path into some corner were they all got stuck....
Reply Quote
87 Undead Warlock
A few days ago I had a AV with 18 bots on my team. Usually they average about 12.

Don't tell me there isn't a huge problem right now.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Maybe Blizzard is lying about their subscription numbers and filling up the world with bots hoping no one will notice! ERMAGERD!!!!! o.O
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I like how this will resolve itself. The BG bots get banned, the ones "joining them" get banned, thus taking out the bots, and the whiners, all in one sweep :D

Happy days for all to come.
Reply Quote
23 Gnome Warlock
13/10/2012 09:57Posted by Vanderzanden

Not true because I am not doing this.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I tired the Report function and it absolutely doesn't work. No one ever checks characters.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
13/10/2012 11:54Posted by Twinkul

Not true because I am not doing this.

I think you need to have a chat with your little sister. She is, by the OP's logic, clearly a bot :(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
13/10/2012 10:43Posted by Vahzl

There is somthing done about car thiefs and nothing about the bots. i know why blizzard isn't doing it because they get millions of monny by bots. !@#$ blizzard
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I kinda agree with all the complaints about botting, and I too are starting to believe that Blizzard is intentionally not doing much to get rid of them for the sole reason of income :-/

The problem with botters, especially in PvP, has been there for years!
Especially at the later hours you will see bots crawling forth.

Why is it that Blizzard doesn't monitor BGs, I know that it's a lot of work, might cost them some money, but the overall gaming experience for the rest of the players will be increased significantly.

There's no doubt about this being a matter of "resources" and "income", and it's a shame really.

I too have seen the amount of bots skyrocket the last 6 months, and one would think that if Blizzard really cared, they would create a dedicated team of GMs to monitor BGs and ban all those bots.

Just my opinion.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Just so you know, every single issue ever brought up on this forum, be it a suggestion about class balancing, addition of new pets, changing the clipping on a helm due to it popping through armor, or anything else, some brainless turnip always makes it sound like it won't change because Blizzard want to make more money.

Just to give you a little knowledge bomb, the developers are not sitting with the accountants daily, laughing maniacally at how they are making a few extra subs because there are bots.

Infact, those 2 teams would probably never meet at any point.

You people really need to stop acting like the enemy is the games creator, and stop playing into the hands of the bots. I see alot of:

"I have stopped reporting them because it doesnt work"

Congrats, you just let the bots get away with it.

It is like getting angry at doctors because you have a disease they can't cure. They are doing everything they can to help you, but sometimes it is out of their hands.

Human decency is so in the toilet these days, making everyone blame anyone for everything they can, and spitting fire and brimstone at whoever is unfortunate enough to be involved. I really do detest the way this community has turned these past few years, and feel awfully shameful that people can be this stupid.

Stop acting like such a bunch of petulant, mindless, droning zombies and for heavens sake try to initiate an indepenant thought every once in a while.
Edited by Vahzl on 13/10/2012 12:37 BST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
We're talking about hundreds of thousands of subscriptions, that's a lot of money.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
13/10/2012 12:47Posted by Faded
We're talking about hundreds of thousands of subscriptions, that's a lot of money.

Read the above post, stop and think about what you type, and provide a valid response if you have one, otherwise for heavens sake just button it. No one cares.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
13/10/2012 12:33Posted by Vahzl
but sometimes it is out of their hands.

So what you're saying with your analogy, is that it is out of Blizzards hands to do anything about the botters?

If Blizzard spent a bit more resources and started live monitoring BGs, it would certainly help decrease the amount of botters by a significant amount, don't try to pretend otherwise.

Botting is in general a very tense subject, and I can understand why people get's frustrated when they've been reporting players for years, and the only results they see is a massive increase of bots.

You don't know what Blizzard is doing, or not doing, because they are not giving any information about it, not saying that they should, but it only leaves us all in the dark when we get no information about anything.
And that is exactly why people are acting up as they do, because they don't see any decrease in bots, only increase.

You can go all psychological on everyone, but at the end of the day, the amount of bots will continue to increase.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Around 5 days for a ticket to GM at the moment, they are understaffed since they fired lots of people so they probably prioritise other things than bots.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
13/10/2012 13:05Posted by Vahzl

So what you're saying with your analogy, is that it is out of Blizzards hands to do anything about the botters?

No, and I didn't read the rest of your rubbish because your pedantic attitude shows it was a waste of time.

You clearly see what I wrote and know that as with everything, it takes time.

If you want to continue being pedantic and arguing a moot point, then go ahead, but you people are continually derping yourselves into infinty with your constant lack of common sense and the ability to initiate even a basic level of intelligence.

Yes, you got me mad, because of your continual derping.

People have all the rights to complain if they feel that the problem they are experiencing is not getting dealt with.

I understand what you're saying, but you analogy indicates that there's a problem of which Blizzard got no control over, which is a silly statement.

Besides, how can you reply to a comment without reading the whole thing?
I read yours, it didn't make sense, so I replied, maybe if you read the rest of my post, you would see that I elaborated on the question I asked you.

I'm not pedantic, I just showed you that what you wrote as an analogy is plain silly, and if you can't come up with a decent analogy that makes sense, it's better not to write one in the first place.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]