Failed to create pet battle

(Locked)

20 Pandaren Priest
Why blizz let trial accounts pay for pet training ability if we cant use them ?Was looking forward trying all i can in a game before i buy it but it seems to me WoW got lots of bugs(many of them in bgs).For a 8 years old game that's discouraging.
90 Human Priest
What exactly isn't working? I see you've got a level 1 pet, so at least that works.
I have the same problem and also posses the starter edition. I have bought Pet Battle Training and an Orange Tabby but whenever I try a wild pet or start a pet duel with another player I get the message "Failed to create pet battle.".
2 Gnome Warlock
i have a starter edition account and i can do pet battle in level 1 whats odd :/
Edited by Babybabe on 12/10/2012 14:19 BST
91 Pandaren Monk
Mustn't you have Mists of Pandaria? That is: mustn't your account to be flagged as MoP account, instead of Vanilla or Trial account?

I remember that on the Closed Beta Pet Battles were enabled but on PTR 5.0.3 and 5.0.4 (who are technically almost the same to the Closed Beta) they were disabled.

During some Beta builds there were some bugs that prevented Pet Battles to be initiated.
20 Pandaren Priest
12/10/2012 12:47Posted by Purnissa
What exactly isn't working? I see you've got a level 1 pet, so at least that works.

My point is if trial account cant do pet battle why i could buy Pet Battle ability from trainer then i got quest from him and i cant complete it coz i cant start pet battle . I'm getting "Failed to create pet battle" message when i try start fight with marked pets in a wild .
Edited by Imfluffy on 12/10/2012 17:44 BST
90 Human Priest
Sounds like unintended behaviour indeed. Have you tried making an ingame ticket?
20 Pandaren Priest
I made a bug report but after the discovery yet another bug in WSG (after getting Fear run in to a wall and drop out of map and dropped flag) I see that this game has a lot of shortcomings. I tried Guild Wars 2 and I'm pleasantly surprised by the beautiful graphics, friendly community, innovative ideas and no monthly fee :) .I'm done with WoW experiment and going 2 enjoy stress free and gorgeous world of Guild Wars 2.
100 Draenei Shaman
I got same bug. Still no fix. Might be acc wide mechanics that is causing it. But this guy claims that he is on single started edition. What is weird is that he got 1075 achiv points. Doubt if you can get that much on starter edition in this short time. 6_6
20 Tauren Druid
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/world-of-warcraft-starter-edition-account-faq

In the US forum they answered adding a new line here: Characters cannot participate in Pet Battles. I think the same is valid for EU :(
90 Pandaren Monk
I been playing WoW since lich king and have never experienced any pvp bugs.
Your an unlucky one it seems
69 Gnome Rogue
It doesn't work on Trial Accounts at all. I haven't activated this character for some time so I'm going to see if I don't get the "Failed to create Pet Battle" sign...
20 Human Warlock
Starter Edition accounts CAN'T do pet battles.
But hey, you could do a lot more, like running solo with your level 20 character through Outland to visit all candy buckets. :D (It's a HELL, don't do it!)

OT: 'Failed to create battle pet' is a misleading message, they should change it to something like:

"Pet Battles are not available to Starter Edition accounts.
if you want to make use of the Pet Battle system, upgrade your account.
Edited by Chukoo on 18/10/2012 22:00 BST
20 Tauren Druid

But hey, you could do a lot more, like running solo with your level 20 character through Outland to visit all candy buckets. :D (It's a HELL, don't do it!)

Nice thing you said here. I tried going to outland a week ago, but the dark portal didn't worked. I made a ticket and the answer was that since the introduction of TBC, you could pass through the dark portal only after level 58...

And that's nice...because i was able to do it before pandaria...Did you try to pass the dark portal after mop introduction? (just to know if i'm the only one with this problem)
20 Human Warlock

Nice thing you said here. I tried going to outland a week ago, but the dark portal didn't worked. I made a ticket and the answer was that since the introduction of TBC, you could pass through the dark portal only after level 58...

And that's nice...because i was able to do it before pandaria...Did you try to pass the dark portal after mop introduction? (just to know if i'm the only one with this problem)

Sorry for this late answer.
Nope, you can't go through the Dark Portal in Blasted Lands if you're not 58 yet. :(
You can however ask a mage to make a Shattrath portal for ya. =)
Edited by Chukoo on 21/10/2012 00:02 BST
20 Tauren Shaman
Since when does portal require you to be level 58? I went through the Dark Portal with this char few months ago.

Then again, thinking back to day when TBC came out, I do seem to remember portal required players to be 58+.

Anyway, Free Acc is closest you can get to Vanilla feeling and is therefore a pure win! Who cares about silly pet battles!?
20 Undead Hunter
Okay, this is kinda late but this char went through the Dark Portal after running through the Blasted Lands to get to it. You cannot use the city portals leading to Blasted Lands, though. You gotta run through the Blasted Lands via Stranglethorn Vale or somewhere. I set my hearthstone to Shattrath after reaching Terrokar.
Oh and yes, I got several flight paths in Outland now. The Cenarion Refuge is a nice play to fish. Any mobs that hit you will be attacked by guards.
20 Tauren Druid
I'm quite confused now...

From Wowwiki:
player used to need to have a character of level 58 or higher, but this is no longer a requirement. If the Expansion Pack was installed, but the character is under level 58, the player used to get "Must be Level 58", but now players are able to access the region with a lower level. However, players will still get the "Must be Level 58" message if they try to use the portal to Blasted Lands from a capital city.

I don't find a reference to date or patch though.
20 Night Elf Druid
Most of you are missing the point. It's obvious by now that Trial accounts can't engage in pet battles, but what the OP is complaining about, and what stinks is that trialists CAN buy the training for 9 gold (we can only earn 10g max) and yet it's worthless. So Blizz should simply fix it so trial accounts can't buy the training. Otherwise, it's very disappointing and horrendously expensive, as I just found out :P
Edited by Сногнева on 27/10/2012 00:29 BST
8 Dwarf Paladin
Blizz doesn't expect you to play the Starter Edition forever so it allows you to have access to all features.
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]