TfB, seriously.

90 Human Warrior
As you all know, the new Taste for Blood is just terrible, and has to go. It's probably the worst RNG mechanic in the game. And it has been whined about during and since beta, and nothing has been done to make it better. In false hopes of a blue some day reading these forums, I'll list why it's so damn bad.

In PvP.
As said above, is probably the most RNG-dependent mechanic in the game. If TfB doesn't proc, it leaves the warrior ragestarved and doing no damage, and when the mythical 5 stacks are up, people will get globaled. Literally.

In PvE.
A lesser problem, but still very annoying. It's never nice to be so damn RNG dependant, and TfB building up Heroic Strike damage makes it directly compete with Slam. This leads to that when you have way too much rage (which still happens), you don't know if you should Heroic Strike to dump that rage, or wait until you have nothing else to use than Slam. And if you guess wrong, you'll be punished by getting ragestarved, or having rage capped and losing potential DPS, which feels bad and wrong.

Solutions.
Arms also has scaling issues, from what I've heard. Give Overpower 3x the Crit chance it normally has (equals to about the bonus 60% it has, at least with this gear level) and make it so that Overpower crits build up Taste for Blood, stacks up to 10.

Add a new ability; (inb4 reused name xoxoxo)
Bloodrage:
Consume current stacks of Taste for Blood, increasing your damage done by X% for X seconds for each stacks consumed.

Or SOMETHING! The current TfB is driving me crazy! Dx
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

In PvP.
As said above, is probably the most RNG-dependent mechanic in the game. If TfB doesn't proc, it leaves the warrior ragestarved and doing no damage, and when the mythical 5 stacks are up, people will get globaled. Literally.

no point to read it anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

In PvP.

Please, do shed a bit light on that comment of yours.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

Lol how can you not understand that sentence?

TfB needs to go purely because of how imbalanced and un-fun to the warrior it is in PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
PVP: Don't give a damn. Play a PVP game if you want good PVP.

PVE: I think it's fine as it is really, though your suggestion seems equally valid. It's the same basic rotation, but it makes Arms scale a bit better. Then again, it scales with crit, making crit that much more valuable. Crit>Strength for Arms as well?

Just give it less bonus crit chance though. Its current chance to proc is 30%, there's no need to buff the rate to the point where you can just spam OP and HS for the whole fight.
And with a triple chance for it to crit and refresh itself on crits, that's a hard cap of 33% where it pretty much breaks the rotation totally. I know you want less RNG, but that's over the freaking top.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

PVE: I think it's fine as it is really, though your suggestion seems equally valid. It's the same basic rotation, but it makes Arms scale a bit better. Then again, it scales with crit, making crit that much more valuable. Crit>Strength for Arms as well?

Just give it less bonus crit chance though. Its current chance to proc is 30%, there's no need to buff the rate to the point where you can just spam OP and HS for the whole fight.
And with a triple chance for it to crit and refresh itself on crits, that's a hard cap of 33% where it pretty much breaks the rotation totally. I know you want less RNG, but that's over the freaking top.

I don't give a rats !@# about PvE. WoW has been a PvP game since TBC.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
15/10/2012 00:14Posted by Nenía
I don't give a rats !@# about PvE. WoW has been a PvP game since TBC.

Bi-yearly pvp updates and zero pvp story relevance do not a pvp mmo make.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Keep it civil people.

Yeah, I'm no game designer, but the current TfB is just damn stupid and quite clunky when compared even to Cata's Arms. Some kind of another mechanic is needed.

Lol how can you not understand that sentence?

TfB needs to go purely because of how imbalanced and un-fun to the warrior it is in PvP.

Yes, I do understand, as that's exactly what I'm saying in the OP, if you bothered reading it through. I just didn't understand the "No point to read it anymore" comment.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
15/10/2012 00:32Posted by Selkäsauna
Yes, I do understand, as that's exactly what I'm saying in the OP, if you bothered reading it through. I just didn't understand the "No point to read it anymore" comment.

My interpretation of it was "This sums it up so nicely that no more needs to be said."
But maybe I'm just giving too much benefit of the doubt with that.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I agree that TfB needs to change. However, I am not sure I like the idea you have proposed, simply because I dislike that sort of mechanics. In turn though, I would like to propose a mechanic like this:

Crushing Blows
Every time you overpower, you have a chance to apply a debuff on target. This debuff stacks X times (5?). When the Xth stack is reached, your HS does 400% weapon damage. Lasts 15 sec (adjustable).

Still keeps the RNG factor in there, but allows for rage management. Proc chance would have to be adjusted, as would rage-gainers. On target on timer so you can actually work with it in PvP instead of it being a death timer, and so you can't just swap and blow up a healer. Of course, requires some adjustments, but the general idea is there.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I agree that TfB needs to change. However, I am not sure I like the idea you have proposed, simply because I dislike that sort of mechanics. In turn though, I would like to propose a mechanic like this:

Crushing Blows
Every time you overpower, you have a chance to apply a debuff on target. This debuff stacks X times (5?). When the Xth stack is reached, your HS does 400% weapon damage. Lasts 15 sec (adjustable).

Still keeps the RNG factor in there, but allows for rage management. Proc chance would have to be adjusted, as would rage-gainers. On target on timer so you can actually work with it in PvP instead of it being a death timer, and so you can't just swap and blow up a healer. Of course, requires some adjustments, but the general idea is there.

Sounds good to me, even tho it somehow slightly brings me back memories of the Enhancement Shaman Searing Flames debuff. Other damage couldn't be balanced to this mechanic, and it wouldn't, in it's pure form, solve the PvP burst problem. But the general idea sounds OK.

And

@Nenía
You come to the thread, saying all TfB needs is a fix in PvP, and that it should be removed. Then you say you don't care a rat's !@#$ for PvE.
Way to be constructive, just sayin'.
Edited by Selkäsauna on 15/10/2012 01:39 BST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

Crushing Blows

Sounds good to me, even tho it somehow slightly brings me back memories of the Enhancement Shaman Searing Flames debuff. Other damage couldn't be balanced to this mechanic, and it wouldn't, in it's pure form, solve the PvP burst problem. But the general idea sounds OK.

And

@Nenía
You come to the thread, saying all TfB needs is a fix in PvP, and that it should be removed. Then you say you don't care a rat's !@#$ for PvE.

I'm un-construcive because I don't care about PvE, Krazney is constructive because he doesn't care about PvP? Great logic.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

And

@Nenía

I'm un-construcive because I don't care about PvE, Krazney is constructive because he doesn't care about PvP? Great logic.

Aaaand where did you see me saying he was being constructive?

Anyways, WoW is mainly a PvE game after all.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Crushing Blows

But then we're no longer as bursty and able to target swap, something I love about warriors (lack of significant ramp-up time). I would still have it stack on the warrior, since that's what it already does and it's not too broken damage wise as it is, and I honestly haven't got any issue with its current iteration beyond rage management which that would solve.

15/10/2012 06:48Posted by Selkäsauna
Aaaand where did you see me saying he was being constructive?

You wound me. I'm at least trying to offer suggestions, though they may just be crap. >.>
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
15/10/2012 07:17Posted by Krazney
You wound me. I'm at least trying to offer suggestions, though they may just be crap. >.>

But, you know, I never said you weren't being constructive either.
:3

Anyways, problems reside both in PvP and PvE, whereas in PvP they are most dire.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
15/10/2012 03:07Posted by Nenía

Last time, and prob ONLY time this game had something to do with PvP was TBC, Arenas were new and Blizzard wanted to make it work.

And since 90% of ppl dont rly play PvP ofc Blizz does not give a damn, and they dont play it because its broken, ez to cheat and VERY unbalanced, ofc ppl dont wanna play, not the fault of PvP but Blizzard not wanting to invest time and make it work.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]