150 mounts achievement, the Jade Pandaren Kite

80 Troll Shaman
So in case you don't know there is a new achievement for getting 150 mounts which awards Jade Pandaren Kite mount in 5.1.

here's screenshot from the PTR:
http://img1.stooorage.com/images/1179/7224856_wowscrnshot_101312_022304.jpg

Okay, now i was waiting for this achievement for a very long time and got very excited when i saw it datamined recently but the fact that we are getting this kite mount is a let-down for me. Its PTR so yeah it might not be final but that is why i am creating this thread.

In my opinion the Kite mount does not do the 150 mounts achievement enough justice, it does not feel right as the reward for it i think, more like a reputation based mount or as it is in the pandaria factions achievement mount. For instance the Dragonhawk which is from 100 mounts achiev was unique mount model when it was released! And it was a god damned Dragonhawk - epic beast! The Kite feels more like ''trololo'' mount to me.

So to the developers: Is this final? Any chance of rethinking this achievement reward?
And to the players: Do you like Kite mount as the 150 achievement reward or not and why?
Edited by Sordosh on 13/10/2012 01:52 BST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Heard rumors of there being a jet pack mount ingame. Though that would be Pretty epic tbh :P.

ANyway since it is pandaria themed, Can't we get some sort of....I dunno A flying Tiger?
Edited by Gurzog on 13/10/2012 03:03 BST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
You talk about Dragonhawk being a good reward because it was unique, even though Argent Tournament also had a Dragonhawk mount available for Horde. With that said there is only one other Mount Kite available ingame which is the one where you need all Pandaria factions at Exalted. So you can't say that mount isn't as unique as the Dragonhawk.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
ANG
I think it's awesome and am looking forward to riding around on it. Just because other people don't have it. ;>
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
150 mounts only why not 200... 150 to eazy they should give us a Giraffe mount or a Spectral turtle or a Train that can pick up 25 pll :p trolol
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
Train! ftw :)
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Worgen Druid
This has been requested several times y'know. And I believe there's already been threads dedicated to the question "what should be the 150 mount collection mount?". The kite seems good but I'd love a jetpack, even though it doesn't seem like the best oriental-themed mount. Maybe a hot air balloon?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Kites are kind of ... very pandaaria. Why not reward one for it ?
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
I think they should add a spectral flying thundering serpent tiger bear wolf proto dragon that has written I'm so awesome on it with neon letters.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I don't mind the kite due to the fact that 150 mounts is rather easy to get. What i would want is a 200 achievement with a bit fancier reward though.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I have just got my 150mounts. and there is No current achi for this , i have received nothing! But agreed it would be nice to see a mount for achi,
eg a "flying mount that can take a passenger"!! :D
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Or " A DeLorean DMC-12 from the Universal Orlando Resort, as it appeared in the Back to the Future film trilogy". :D lol
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
15/10/2012 02:38Posted by Erìs
Just because other people don't have it.

But 150 mount achievement is extremely easy to get. I've bought hardly any of the new faction mounts or exalted mounts in MoP and still have like 170 mounts. :l
Reply Quote
26/11/2012 06:57Posted by Jen
Just because other people don't have it.

But 150 mount achievement is extremely easy to get. I've bought hardly any of the new faction mounts or exalted mounts in MoP and still have like 170 mounts. :l

Well good for you. I've bought most faction mounts, and I have 161... go figure :<
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
18/11/2012 08:07Posted by Jja
I think they should add a spectral flying thundering serpent tiger bear wolf proto dragon that has written I'm so awesome on it with neon letters.

**** you. I'm a Thundercougarfalconberg! ;)
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

eg a "flying mount that can take a passenger"!! :D

A mount like that already exists, you get it from recruiting a friend. I'd like the idea of a jetpack or hot air baloon though.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
26/11/2012 10:57Posted by Croxz
hot air baloon though.

Omg, best idea!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
thos kites are not worthy do be handed on a 150mount achieve...i expect more from blizz that kite looks like just annother crap designed ya would buy from a normal vendor form a faction or w/e not from an achieve..ffs!

jade celestial cloud serpent, or annother color: purple, i know elegon has the celestial but why not a diff kick !@# color would fit better for an achieve perhaps with the thundering effect on it aswell.
175 mount achieve: hot air baloon 3passenger fly mount
200 mount achieve: celestial dragonhawk
225 mount achieve: goblin/gnome spacecraft
Reply Quote
94 Tauren Druid
Well, I happen to like the kite mount. Sure, there are other mounts in game with the same model, but getting those is no easy task. So I'm not mad about it.

Would, however, like to see a 200 mount achievement added as well, while it's still a challenge to get.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Cant we just be happy for once that Blizzard is giving a reward at all?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]