Just hit the pet limit .. :(

90 Blood Elf Paladin
500 pets and I've not even started on Pandaria, now I have to go through it releasing all the grey ones I don't need.

Either I wasn't paying attention of this 500 limit wasn't specified anywhere? D:
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Next patch it will be raised to 650 I believe. ;)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
/Cheeeeeeeeer :DD
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I discovered that too. I wanted to catch a common, uncommon and rare of each pet only to wonder why I couldn't catch more. Thought about it a little, relogged thinking I was bugged, although I was at 502. I think Blizz should put a warning on the traps at least rather than having "Pets not under 35%" error.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Yeah, I released dozens of pets when I hit my limit. Well, when you think about it, you don't really need any pet that is not rare and you shouldn't need more than one rare anyway. Unless going for VERY specific team setups, but that's for the future, I suppose. Right now there isn't much reason to.
Reply Quote
500 is not nearly enough, especially when you consider there are that many pets in game. With pet merging giving people multiples of the same pet, and collectors wanting to capture more than one of each (e.g. a fast one, a high HP one, or a powerful one), then this is not enough.
I suggest it needs to be at least double.

If the developers are looking at storage space, then 500 pets is equivalent to 10 per character (50 characters per account). Each pet needs (at a guess) 8 bytes of storage space at most.

Blizzard have given us this extra facility, but not the space to use it.

http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/index/
claims there to be 497 pets, with more being added in the next patch.
Edited by Dðra on 15/10/2012 17:04 BST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
If you read the patch notes you will see it is being increased to 650...my guess is that 650 is enough for most people
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Just keep 1 of each pet if it good you will enevr hit the limit. Unles syes you got for very specific setups or 3 x same pet setups. I catch 1 of each and if i come across a rare i check if i have it. If not i catch it and release the lesser one.
Edited by Lightgoddes on 15/10/2012 17:29 BST
Reply Quote
Another option would be to allow captured pets to be caged, even if the caged pet is BoA or Soulbound. This would allow us to store battle pets whilst we capture others.

Just keep 1 of each pet if it good you will never hit the limit.

That is good until you remember that some of us have multiple pets from pet merging when they went account wide.

(quote edited).
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
15/10/2012 17:48Posted by Dðra
That is good until you remember that some of us have multiple pets from pet merging when they went account wide.

i did i caged those and sold them at release day of mop i had 100+ doubles. Now zero
Edited by Lightgoddes on 15/10/2012 18:16 BST
Reply Quote
15/10/2012 18:16Posted by Lightgoddes
i did i caged those and sold them at release day of mop i had 100+ doubles. Now zero

What about the quest rewards, world events etc., that cannot be caged, only released. They can never be replaced without redoing the quest on another character. I would like to store these (even caged) in case I want a second.

Panther Cub A Jubling's Tiny Home
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

What about the quest rewards, world events etc., that cannot be caged, only released. They can never be replaced without redoing the quest on another character. I would like to store these (even caged) in case I want a second.

Panther Cub A Jubling's Tiny Home

I didn`t really need 7 pantehrs they just were waved goodbey. World evenst were cageble i caged those and put them up ah.
Edited by Lightgoddes on 15/10/2012 22:46 BST
Reply Quote
71 Night Elf Druid
Hang on, so you're saying you didn't get rid of those greys straight after you caught them.
Edited by Kyalia on 26/12/2012 21:39 GMT
Reply Quote
84 Undead Priest
Wow, thought I had many with my 170 *backs away*
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
500 is not nearly enough, especially when you consider there are that many pets in game. With pet merging giving people multiples of the same pet, and collectors wanting to capture more than one of each (e.g. a fast one, a high HP one, or a powerful one), then this is not enough.
I suggest it needs to be at least double.

If the developers are looking at storage space, then 500 pets is equivalent to 10 per character (50 characters per account). Each pet needs (at a guess) 8 bytes of storage space at most.

Blizzard have given us this extra facility, but not the space to use it.

http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/index/
claims there to be 497 pets, with more being added in the next patch.

Its very unlikely that most of us will get more then about 450 at the moment. A lot of those are unavaliable.

Also i don't get why people want more then 1 of each pet. Why keep anything but a rare? seems silly
Reply Quote
Its very unlikely that most of us will get more then about 450 at the moment. A lot of those are unavaliable.

Also i don't get why people want more then 1 of each pet. Why keep anything but a rare? seems silly

A pet can have different stats on its rare versions. Some are fast, some are strong and some tanky. You don't really want a pet that's slow if it has a bunch of attacks that rely being fast.
Reply Quote
16/10/2012 01:54Posted by Kyalia
Hang on, so you're saying you didn't get rid of those greys straight after you caught them.

I only get rid of them once I get a rare.

16/10/2012 16:59Posted by Randy
Also i don't get why people want more then 1 of each pet.

You might want a fast one, and one with HP. You might want a low level one and a level 25 on.
Reply Quote
WTF, who wants poor and common pet, WTH, would understand if you wanted Uncommon and Rare, But poor and Common , WTF....
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
16/10/2012 22:51Posted by Emarisa
WTF, who wants poor and common pet, WTH, would understand if you wanted Uncommon and Rare, But poor and Common , WTF....

What part of "Gotta' Catch em' all" is so !@#$%^-ed hard to understand.
Reply Quote
46 Blood Elf Paladin
The blood of a female Blood elf always collecting pets
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]