Dailies when VP is cap

90 Orc Hunter
Dear Blizzard:

Please increase the amount of gold when doing dailies when someone is already cap with the Valor Points. I was caped since sunday and after doing dailies, I lose my 5 valor points from dailies when caped.

Or turn them into Justice Points.

Thank you!
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Awesome idea JP or gold, I seond this motion
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
or, let us spend lesser charms on rep tokens!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
31/10/2012 14:50Posted by Valeriu
or, let us spend lesser charms on rep tokens!

great idea id love this but doubt it will go in.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
good ideas, also increase lesser charms into big charm exchange ratio, plenty of lessers in bags...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
05/11/2012 04:43Posted by Nikøla
good ideas, also increase lesser charms into big charm exchange ratio, plenty of lessers in bags...

They will put lesser charms in the currency tab.
Reply Quote
Community
I understand that when you invest some of your time into dailies, ideally you want to be fully rewarded, but if you’re already capped, I’m just guessing but that probably means that you’ve probably got some of your valor points by running dungeons/raids and didn’t do enough dailies to get the level of reputation required to be able to purchase more gear.
I think planning for this kind of situation is also part of gameplay, trying to be efficient and predicting future purchases is always a good idea.

But I do think that this idea has some value and of course, there are many other things that can cause a player to cap on valor points, like levelling a specific reputation and getting items from some raid bosses that are equivalent or better than those that you were planning to get from rep, running too many dungeons instead of doing dailies, etc…
I’ll pass this idea along to our development team and we'll see what they have to say about it.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
You are aware that there is a weekly cap too, right?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I understand that when you invest some of your time into dailies, ideally you want to be fully rewarded, but if you’re already capped, I’m just guessing but that probably means that you’ve probably got some of your valor points by running dungeons/raids and didn’t do enough dailies to get the level of reputation required to be able to purchase more gear.
I think planning for this kind of situation is also part of gameplay, trying to be efficient and predicting future purchases is always a good idea.

But I do think that this idea has some value and of course, there are many other things that can cause a player to cap on valor points, like levelling a specific reputation and getting items from some raid bosses that are equivalent or better than those that you were planning to get from rep, running too many dungeons instead of doing dailies, etc…
I’ll pass this idea along to our development team and we'll see what they have to say about it.
How about Blizzard remains consistant and instead of rewarding VP when you're capped you get extra gold or JP? You know... like when you're doing random HC's and get a different reward for being VP capped. Or when you complete quests at maximum level, you no longer get XP but extra gold.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I clearly remember blue posts prior to MoP's launch talking about still rewarding VP even when you're capped (and actually going OVER the cap) by completing dailies. You don't get the 'big' amount from completing a HC, but you could still go over the cap even if with little babysteps. Still getting that cherished (tiny) VP reward, but for more effort.

But let's be honest here... if you do all your dailies every day, you can easily be VP capped halfway into the week. What incentive is there then to see the dungeon content (who needs dungeon gear when you got rep gear)? I thought Blizzard took such pride in their game design and wants people to see the content (hence no flying untill 90 or the addition of LFR). So what about this then? I ran every dungeon once just to see them and that's it. Now I'm doing it for the achievements, but not at all for gear or even to keep seeing the content the designers put so much effort into. I'm not seeing your content anymore Blizzard, WTFOMG this is not ok...

We don't get the flying skill on our alts sooner because Blizzard wants us to see everything again. So why aren't we 'required' to see the dungeon content all the time? The daillies make us see the whole of Pandaria anyway (and probably more than we want to) on our mains, but not having to run dungeons to cap our VP (or see the content) is ok? Where is the consistancy here? I see this lack of consistancy all over the place (it changes every ~2 years).

EDIT: You don't want people earning 3000 VP every week because it would mean they can buy all VP gear in no time and will have nothing left to do. Well... the fact of the matter is that a lot of people are burned out of doing daillies and they will not be doing anything else either because they can no longer be bothered. Explain the difference to me. If you want people to keep playing AND have fun with it, make it more interesting instead of 13 different kind of daillies requiring you to do the same thing. What happened to the philosophy in Wrath about daily quests not feeling like a chore, but should be something fun that can be completed in a short time? Again, where is the consistancy?

Instead of 4-15 (boring, mindnumbing) daillies per faction that reward 275 rep (and 5 VP), make it 1 daily questchain per faction that rewards 1k rep (and 30 VP). Something that explains (in a narrated, storydriven way) why you are there helping or why that faction is there doing what it does. Perhaps have it lead upto a daily dungeon or scenario to finish up the chain (in which you are required to kill the last boss, that way people get to see the content too). You know... something that actually makes you feel like you're a part of the machine instead of something on the side that's just casually helping out. I call that emersion.
Edited by Geryon on 06/11/2012 15:21 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
No.. It is a Bonus once you have capped you no longer need it let us keep with the traditions.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior

What an uninformed response. There is a weekly cap. You cannot earn more than 1000 VP per week, regardless of whether you unlocked reputations or not. It has nothing to do with "planning ahead".
Reply Quote
Community
Sorry if I interpreted the OP as reaching the 3k hard cap, but yes of course you can obviously hit the weekly cap much faster, I guess most people that are interested in getting valor points do.
Like I said, this idea is reasonable and I shared it with the devs, as soon as we have any information on their thoughts regarding this subject, we'll let you know.
Edited by Taepsilum on 06/11/2012 16:17 GMT
Reply Quote
4 Dwarf Shaman
Why is there a 3k total cap on Valor points? This makes no sense at all. Please remove it. Conquest points have no cap, but Valor does. This is not fair! And also consider increasing Valor weekly cap to 1500 since you are increasing Conquest cap for PvPers soon. Why should PvPers get more points than PvEers?
Edited by Шокохрюшка on 06/11/2012 17:08 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I'd definitely love to see VP rewards turn into JP once we're at the weekly cap, it's hard enough getting JP as it is. ^^
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
06/11/2012 17:30Posted by Lirena
I'd definitely love to see VP rewards turn into JP once we're at the weekly cap, it's hard enough getting JP as it is. ^^
That is quite hilariously ironic now. Feels like it's harder to get JP than it is to get VP. Maybe have a (small) chance to get a Spirit of Harmony after completing a daily too? Atleast that's a reward you can't have plenty of.

06/11/2012 17:05Posted by Шокохрюшка
Why is there a 3k total cap on Valor points? This makes no sense at all. Please remove it. Conquest points have no cap, but Valor does. This is not fair! And also consider increasing Valor weekly cap to 1500 since you are increasing Conquest cap for PvPers soon. Why should PvPers get more points than PvEers?
Their gear costs more than PvE-ers. Removing the cap is something I'd like to see though. It relieves the pressure to cap it every week imo.

EDIT: Just had a good discussion with a guildie about why the VP cap should be removed. The initial reason the VP cap exists is to make sure people do not get geared in just a few days, however people can't get geared in just a few days because it takes weeks of grinding daillies every single day in the first place.

Let's say you're a casual (meaning someone who is not playing at a highly competitive level or has any peer pressure), you'll be doing daillies for weeks just to get to Revered with 1 faction. At which time if you had also capped your VP every time, you can buy 1 maybe 2 rewards. However since you most likely did daillies for more than just 1 faction, you'll still need to grind and cap your VP for weeks on end to buy your next reward. The point is, you are being blocked by 2 huge walls. The reputation barrier to unlock stuff AND the VP cap barrier that 'prevents' you from buying your hard grounded gear. If you would do only 1 faction at a time, you MIGHT cap your VP at the same time as you get Revered (or Exalted) reputation so you can immediatly buy the reward you just unlocked. And by the time you get the next faction high enough, your VP will be capped again in time to buy the new item you unlocked.

This would work fine for the people who like to take things VERY slowly. But the majority of people don't do it this way and therefor are being hindered by that VP cap.

Let's say you're a hardcore (you play very competitively and you're subjected to a lot of peer pressure), you will most likely be Exalted with every significant faction by now, BUT you're still being hindered by that VP cap. You've done the hardwork and chores to beat the competition, yet now you're being slowed down a lot by that barrier of 3000 VP max. You will take 3 weeks of capping VP just to get 1 of the many items you've unlocked. Not to mention the time it will take to get anything else. Sure you'll replace those 'wellfare' epics fast enough in raiding, but the effort to reward ratio is still way off.

Removing the VP cap would allow the hardcores to get an item or two every day, they get the highest efficiency out of their rep grind. The casuals can still remain casual except the 'need' to cap VP each week is gone and they can do it at their own leisure. They can get the needed rep when it suits them and not feel compelled to reach the cap each week. When they work on several factions at once, they don't need to spend weeks of VP grinding afterwards to even get what they already worked for. So, a solution to this grind issue could be to just remove the VP cap.

Another would be to follow the Cata model again, although somewhat updated. You have reputation gear on one end and a VP vendor on the other. You don't need VP to buy rep gear and you don't need rep to buy VP gear. They are completely seperate. But, and this is where the difference would be, you buy the gear from the rep vendor (with gold) and use the JP/VP later on to upgrade that gear. Keep the reputation requirements as they are, but at Honored you can buy i450 (BoE) blue's and then use JP to upgrade that to i465 (BoP) blue's. At Revered you get i476 (BoE) purples and you use your VP to upgrade those to i489 (BoP) purples. This way you get your rewards immediatly when you unlock them, but have to spend the extra currency to improve that gear. It also fixes the alt gearing 'problem'. I think this a very good middle of the two extremes we've had sofar (needing both rep and VP to get something versus only needing one of the two). I know spending VP to upgrade gear is comming in 5.1, but it just continues the gearing issue without improving the system underneath.
Edited by Geryon on 07/11/2012 02:04 GMT
Reply Quote
Community
We have some good news!

Turns out that one of the proposed solutions on this thread was already planned and is currently being worked on by our dev team, they intend to implement a functionality that will convert excessive Valor Points into Justice Points in the near future.
Unfortunately this change won’t make it in time for the 5.1 patch but will be added with a future patch.

Thanks for your continued feedback and for helping us to keep improving our game ;)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5723364134

Was it ignored because I put the word "suggestion" in the title? :-(
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Hunter
We have some good news!

Turns out that one of the proposed solutions on this thread was already planned and is currently being worked on by our dev team, they intend to implement a functionality that will convert excessive Valor Points into Justice Points in the near future.
Unfortunately this change won’t make it in time for the 5.1 patch but will be added with a future patch.

Thanks for your continued feedback and for helping us to keep improving our game ;)

Could be a good change...providing that we get some way to spend justice point : /
Reply Quote
13 Draenei Shaman
How exactly is getting Justice Point a reward? Maybe for someone who never goes heroics, and is still missing a piece of heroic-level gear. But past that, justice points are worthless. Which IMO stands for the majority of "main characters" out there by this time. Only JP dump there is: Cataclysm materials, which is ... meh.

TLDR: Since there is no JP dump, gaining JP from dailies is as useful as not getting VP at all when over cap.
Reply Quote
We have some good news!

Then what about us who have been Justice Points capped for the majority of the expansion already, with nothing to spend it on. Where does that go then? Gold?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]