Serious PvP quality of life issues in Mists of Pandaria

90 Undead Priest
Hello,

I'm not going to address any balance issues, be it BM pets or atrocious Disc regen, but I'd like to mention some things that are far more irritating, and yet uncontroversial.

1. It seems that in MoP once you join an Arena game, you're in a new raid. This means raidmarks are removed, and the order of Compact raid frames is based on entrance order.

Previously raidmarks would stay if you queued as a marked raid.
Also the "player" unit was always at the bottom of the raid frame stack.

Having to put new marks every time is very irritating (even with macros, because the leader changes), and having the player raid frame in a random place may even cost you games - and is something you can't fix without code taint.

2. Another issue is that if someone uses macros that have a couple /cast lines (covers all 3 options from a tier for example), and then relearns inside arena, the macro will stop working (You'll get a message that you didn't learn the spell).

3. Sometimes when you respec you lose action bar abilities that are not in spellbook anymore, which means you need to make macros just to keep a single spell, so that it's never removed.

4. Now that a lot of classes have a vanish-like abilities on a short cooldown, it has become increasingly irritating to be forced to reapply focus to get the frame back. Maybe it would be good to change the mechanics so that it's still there, you just can't act on it for the duration of vanish/invis.

I realise those are UI issues, but they directly influence competitive PvP and I wish Blizzard would spend some time reviewing this. I'm sure I've missed a few other issues, but if only the first one was looked at, I'd already be content.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
idd, needs to be looked into
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Good post
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Yah the raid marks should deffo be fixed.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Noone else wants this fixed?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
thumbs up!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Definately approve, the focus frame being removed so frequently mid-match is getting old really quickly.

I see no reason why the target can't stay as your focus, you won't be able to hit them in stealth anyway.
Reply Quote
Great post.
Also reloadui often bugs action bars. abs addon helps but still annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
+100000 to the raid marks and focus frame dropping all the damn time.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
25/10/2012 19:04Posted by Absô
4. Now that a lot of classes have a vanish-like abilities on a short cooldown, it has become increasingly irritating to be forced to reapply focus to get the frame back. Maybe it would be good to change the mechanics so that it's still there, you just can't act on it for the duration of vanish/invis.

god plz
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
bump
Reply Quote
I don't think focus should stay when people stealth, but PLEASE fix the raid frames. We need to be able to mark before the games and have the right order of frames, it's confusing to see who's arena1 and arena2 when you're on top of the frames.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
good
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
27/10/2012 13:11Posted by Qweek
I don't think focus should stay when people stealth, but PLEASE fix the raid frames. We need to be able to mark before the games and have the right order of frames, it's confusing to see who's arena1 and arena2 when you're on top of the frames.

I myself don't mind the focus thing, but then I'm a healer.

Marking and frame order is what gets me, especially when it was fine in previous expansions.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
27/10/2012 04:27Posted by Rivalry
+100000 to the raid marks and focus frame dropping all the damn time.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
1. Raid frames are bugged since Cata. Some folks have made macros so they don't have to type it every BG.
2. I don't know any such macro and I'm playing Priest like You. I don't know why You are using such - maybe for GCD like with PI, AA, PS and so.
3. There is something worse. Rogues lost their Shadowdance bar and have to macro all their abilities - from what I've heard. Even more sucky.
4. Reapplying focus is fine - it's meant to be like this and it should stay. Just macro arena123
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
1. Raid frames are bugged since Cata. Some folks have made macros so they don't have to type it every BG.
2. I don't know any such macro and I'm playing Priest like You. I don't know why You are using such - maybe for GCD like with PI, AA, PS and so.
3. There is something worse. Rogues lost their Shadowdance bar and have to macro all their abilities - from what I've heard. Even more sucky.
4. Reapplying focus is fine - it's meant to be like this and it should stay. Just macro arena123

1. not true, in cata your frame was at the bottom and if you queued as a marked raid the marks would not be removed.
2. it's so I don't have to change the macro/spell if I respec in the same tier. A "all-in-one" tier macro
3. true
4. except in battlegrounds and such, where arena123 units do not exist
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
All the issues that Abso mentioned are incredibly annoying and really sound like an easy fix. The fact that a new raid is created in each arena is probably the result of Blizzard wanting an easy fix for some other issue that appeared in MoP - otherwise why would they tamper with a perfectly-functioning system? As for the focus, it has indeed become much more irritating, but at least it's the result of people using their skills - and not a deliberate downgrade.

I'm curious to see how soon Blizz will bother to fix these issues. The PvP community must be supportive because it must be quite hard for them with all their team focusing on the introduction of new Pokemons.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I think they broke the marks because the grouping system when in a LFR changed. Now there is an "instance group" and the regular group (if you queue LFD in a group). Probably the same got applied to arena, while obviously no-one wants this crap of not being able to mark people.

Also I agree on the sentiment that we should just have buttons for tier1 tier 2 etc. If the tier talent you choose has an on-use effect, the button would show that. This would fix the problem.

But I don't agree with 4. I don't want to decrease the number of keypresses required for arena. A stealthed target should be removed and has to be retargeted.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
27/10/2012 04:49Posted by Lordofmagic

god plz

Spectral Guise can no longer be usable while stunned on PTR.

/cheer
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]