LFR drop rate.

90 Pandaren Priest
Sorry if this is a bit of a whine, but something seems a bit off here.

I have run 2x Guardians + 1x Vault on my Priest and 1x both on my Monk. I have got 1 whole item from all of this. A guildie has run 2x Guardians + Vault on two chars and got six items. I know a lot of it is luck, but that seems a bit broken to me. He used NO bonus item coins, I have used bonus item coins on EVERY boss for 2x Guardians and 1x Vault. I'm feeling a bit shafted as everyone I talk to seems to be rolling in loot. Am I just being really unlucky or is there something I don't know about?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It's luck. Nothing more, nothing less.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Gnome Priest
Yeah, as Adayne says, it's all about luck. You can increase your luck with the Elder Coins, but the result is still just going to rely on pure luck.

If it's any comfort, then I've also done LFR and Sha of Anger each reset so far, and I haven't gotten a single item yet. And every time I've used an Elder Coin, I've just gotten gold.

It's just luck, or lack thereof :P
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Well, at least someone is in the same boat as me. Thanks for that.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
27 rolls and rerolls so far ... 27 useless bags of gold
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
What are elder coins and where do i get them? First i've heard about them lol.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
20/10/2012 17:53Posted by Larenox
What are elder coins and where do i get them?

You get 2 Lesser Charm of Good Fortune from each daily Quest you complete in Pandaria. Once you've 90 of them, you can complete Weekly quest which grants you 3 Elder Charms of Good Fortune.

Elder Charms of Good Fortune
http://www.wowhead.com/quest=32016

You can use these Elder Charms to grant you additional roll on Raid Bosses, such as LFR.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Oh thanks i didn't know that,so people saying dailies aren't needed are talking complete rubbish? Because if people that do them get granted more chance of loot then me then obviously i am at a disadvantage not doing them!
Reply Quote
20/10/2012 21:48Posted by Larenox
Oh thanks i didn't know that,so people saying dailies aren't needed are talking complete rubbish? Because if people that do them get granted more chance of loot then me then obviously i am at a disadvantage not doing them!

Yes, but are you in a guild that competes for server first kills? If not, it doesn't matter at all if it takes a little longer to get loot (and it's all chance, no guaranteed loot, so even with charms you can't be certain that it helps).

ps. I got 3 pieces of loot from LFR (on hunter), including the bow, and two sigils, without using any charms.
Edited by Norman on 20/10/2012 21:56 BST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Nah i'm trying not to be pessemistic about it but currently i aren't raiding at all and working hard to get a half decent set together to start applying around,but i dont nor ever have enjoyed the daily quests so i refuse to do them.

It's not out of lazyness,i have done alot of grinding in this game over the years and aslong as i find it fun i'l do it but its quite unfair that people have an advantage with chance of loot aswell as the rep rewards?

I feel like i literally have to do them because even when i just have fun with my friends and do dungeons and gain VP,i arent even allowed to spend them on anything except the 1 peice that i had enough rep for during my leveling experience.

I know people have mixed views and i aren't trying to spark arguments i'm just wondering if it's likely they will change the system at anypoint? Blizzard costantly promoting playing with friends and things like that but then makes anyone on the raiding scene to play hours per day questing alone?

baffling.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Are you jealous of all my LFR loot?

(PS: this is my alt, my main hasn't won anything ¬_¬)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Haha its very nice indeed and pretty typical that you got it on your alt,although i presume your in a raid guild so it wont matter for long? Where as i need to find someone that will look past my gear and give me a trial to show that i'm decent and reliable,people tend not to care when they don't see many purplez.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
-delete this post-
Edited by Finnster on 21/11/2012 19:17 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
ahaha guys... its 4 weeks... 4 never see a aloot
its about 55 roll + 12 coins = 67 bags of gold.... iam rich!!

very dissapointed :/
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Mr. of Anger to you, show some respect.
Yes the lovely Sha gave me some tier gloves last time out, and with anyluck he'll have another treat this time round.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
4 week ! 4 run Mogush lfr 24 boss! 0 loot Blizzar you think its correct?... My alt ( hunter) 10 boss 5 loot pre week gz. Balanced drop chance. I now try upgrade my blue gear with justice points.. But justice farm horror! 42 point /boss? and need upgrade 7-8 item ..
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
If you AFK and play like crap you have a better chance at getting loot. Confirmed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
42 bosses down, 1 piece of loot. boooored
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
03/01/2013 13:13Posted by Emo
If you AFK and play like crap you have a better chance at getting loot. Confirmed.

I have always suspected this to be true.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin
I have got same experience. On my paladin I killed 60 bosses in lfr and only got like 5 items, I used 3 coins for bonus roll - no reward at all. On my priest there is same ratio except just without using bonus rolls. But it was announced that in 5.2 there will be higher drop rate, I am just not sure if it will be increased for LFR drops and/or for bonus rolls. Hopefully both because this can be pretty frustrating.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]