Battle Chest = Starter Edition?

(Locked)

85 Tauren Shaman
Hi.
So friend of mine created a b.net acc, activated the Free Trial/Starter Edition. Then saw the 66% discount on the battle chest and bought it. However he didn't upgrade the starter edition so now on his b.net acc it shows two accs WoW1 (Starter) and WoW2 (battle chest) but that's not really the problem.
So he logs in on WoW2 (battle chest) and basicaly, the acc is treated the same way the Starter acc is, he cant /yell, cant trade ppl and such.
Is everything working as intended? The ad says that he can lvl up to lvl 80 and go through the content up till Lich King. Is he suppose to go through all of this without being able to trade ppl and such?

Thanks in advance!
- CS
99 Draenei Priest
Yes, working as intended. It takes up to 72 hours for payment to clear but he should be able to level over 20 straight away and the other restrictions will disappear over the next couple of days.
Customer Service
23/10/2012 23:57Posted by Lukmas
. Is he suppose to go through all of this without being able to trade ppl and such?

Nope, but as Ananda said it can take up to 72 hours for these restrictions to be lifted.
10 Night Elf Druid
im haveing the same problem i got the starter then brought the battle chest and when i log on to wow useing the starter account it says starter edition then i found out there is a upgrade from starter so do i have to by the upgrade WHAT DO I DO Please help me
90 Tauren Paladin
Wow, I read it wrong twice...

Be patient and wait for 72 hours. They need to verify the payment made. If you still have restrictions after 72 hours, please contact customer support for assistance.
Edited by Tuluppa on 24/12/2012 20:05 GMT
24 Draenei Paladin
Thanks guys. I am having the same problem and have wasted about an hour fiddling around on my account and trying to see if I missed something. How do I get a face for the forum?
- CS
99 Draenei Priest
When you get to level 10, I think
24 Draenei Paladin
Yep just found that out. Thank you Ananda.
1 Night Elf Mage
I got the same problem. I bought the battlechest and it wasn`t starter edition but I can't yell form a party and go over level 20. Please help me. I have a level 13 n. Elf rogue but I can't form a party. I tried
Edited by Narsea on 12/05/2013 14:04 BST
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Monk
Provided it says it's a Battlechest in your account management page it can take up to 72 hours to upgrade, specially if you bought it online. You'll have to be patient I'm afraid, and please don't post on old threads in the future.
MVP
10 Draenei Priest
If you only have one account in your battlenet (ie not wow1 & wow2) you should be fine. If you can level over 20, you're definitely fine as that's the first thing to drop.
45 Pandaren Hunter
I have the same problem. I just bought the battle chest (free 30 day subscription). I can level over 20, but i cant create a party, or yell to anybody who is not on my friends list :/ Any ideas?
Customer Service
Hello Alessiana,

As explained above, it may take up to 72 hours for the payment to be processed (and the restrictions lifted as a consequence). More info can be found on our Direct Online Upgrade FAQ.

Last but not least. please avoid necro'ing threads, we'd appreciate if you could create a new thread in the future :)
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]