Best Warlock PvE spec

31 Human Warlock
Hi guys, i was wondering what the best warlock spec for PvE is ?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Hello Morogos :p
All three specs are performing at a similar level in terms of end game DPS so it really is down to personal preference. Sorry if I ramble on...

Arguably affliction is the best on certain raid encounters and in certain situations that require mobility and positioning (as DoTs can continue to tick whilst you move). Affliction can be boring at time (keeping DoTs up etc) and most of the time you will be finding yourself spamming Malefic Grasp tbh.

Demonology is better in a "cleave type" encounter due to the amount of AoE we can pull out both passively and with CDs (such as pet fel/wrathstorm and Hellfire Aura). Demonology is a fun spec to play around with beacuse of Metamorphasis being a CD that effectively changes pretty much every spell you would use in a rotation.

Destruction is really easy to play and you will probably see yourself at the top of the DPS charts if you reforge correctly and are able to get a constant flow of getting burning embers and using Chaos Bolt with CDs, the only thing with Destro is that you will be oom a lot and sometimes there will be a deadzone where you can't cast anything until you've generated enough mana. We can't use Life Tap in destruction so we have a passive 600% mana regeneration which is sweet but it means you have to be sensible with some spells such as Felbolt to renew Immolate.

I hope this has helped you choose and if you have any questions let me know here on online, in the guild or w/e. Thanks :)
Reply Quote
31 Human Warlock
Thanks for the effort in the post, you have been a massive help :D. I only just realized that you we are in the same guild lol :D.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
most mobile in pve is destro and demo, one needs lifetaps, second have downtime that will go to 0 if u must move a little...

affli and demo got best dps, demo got better burn phase, affli got better execution phase.

destro is good, but scales very bad, maybe 5.1 adding conflag to ember buildup will fix it a little, but atm immolate is too weak and pulls haste+crit down a lot.

if immolate hit every second, it could make it much more viable spec.
Reply Quote
Destruction is unique that it can pull +50% extra dps over other specs on 5man instances thanks to Shadowburn ember generation and Havoc Chaos bolt spam.
Edited by Micaen on 20/10/2012 22:43 BST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
affliction is currently the spec with the most dmg output if u reforge and gem ur items right , it does about 10k more than demonology and destruction, grimoire of sacrifice is a MUST since it will increase the dmg of ur most used skills by 50%
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Go destruction for 5 man dungeons and affliction for raids.

Don't touch demonology, it has lots of filthy demons and is clunky to play.
Edited by Vaela on 20/10/2012 21:48 BST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Go affliction, best DPS and feels least horrible of the three.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
None just go shadow priest, yeah i said it.
Edited by Darkmite on 21/10/2012 00:38 BST
Reply Quote
66 Blood Elf Warlock
Demo is the best in my opinion

Imps help massively and the felguard just roflstomps everything.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I am Destruction and I kill mobs 'ok'. But Affliction I have tried, and the wolf died in like 5 seconds. So go Affliction! And after typing this, I realise why I am not Affliction?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Holy isn't a Warlock talent tree. You call yourself a Warlock?
Reply Quote
32 Pandaren Shaman
Go Demo and Affliction and !@#$ Destruction
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]