BoA transmog - a way to free lots of bag space.

90 Night Elf Hunter
Looking at my bank (full 26-slot illusionary) and im slowly running out of space. Adding bigger and bigger bags doesnt really fix the issue as more vanity crap and transmogable gear comes over time. What would be really nice is:

-Have an option to turn soulbound gear piece from old content (current tier items should be unaffected by this) into "Transmogify" tagged item, stripping it out of all stats and making Bind on Account. PvP gear behaving same way, season 11 and down are elegible for this and stripped from stats as well. This service could be available at transmogrifier vendor for 50 gold per item fee. Change is permament and irreversible.

It will alleviate 2 pains at the same time
-Freeing lots of bag slots on main characters. Some people have thirteen tiers of gear there.
-Making farming old content xmog bit easier as the drops would be account bound and you could pick up e.g. mail chest on your mage to xfer it to shaman. I'm looking at you Freya10, 18 runs (six months!) and b!tch still didnt dropped my chest.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
new solution! STOP HOARDING!...

but seriously, hope they fix this for people who have issues with it.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Worgen Druid
I'm finding this whole BoA charade quite annoying, as the moment something comes out there's always more to come along with it.

I get that you want to transmogrify and that you've little space to put things. That I can understand. But to make all gear account bound, whether it removes the stats or not isn't going to happen. Make it a white/grey item maybe, but not BoA as that's a privelige.

Your best bet for the moment is to buy the biggest bags, or be absolutely certain that your transmog gear is no longer worth keeping. Is it worth farming again? How much money can I get from selling it, and will that money help in the long-term? How many times do I plan on using the transmog piece in future?

Above are some questions that you could ask yourself in the meantime. But until you get this "the more I have, the more I want" thing out of your head, be patient and chuck the stuff out the window with your eyes closed. It's easy.
Reply Quote
50 Undead Priest
i support this..
make all old tier gear and other old gear BoA
maybe like OP said, by paying a transmog vendor a fee to make the item lose stats and become BoA.. it would free up loads of space..

i would even go as far as say, make old legendary's BoA
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
How about making Transmogging a "profession". We can "disenchant" items into armor patterns which is then put in a "transmog" spellbook.

Do away with the old Transmog "vendor", and have him sell something like a "Arcane Mold" for 25g which must then be used whenever you craft a new transmog....

Frees up bagspace and allows us to avoid dublicate items, which have basically the same model, but with a slightly different tint to it.

As a matter of fact, Dye's should be added as well. to tint our transmogs... ;)
Reply Quote
6 Blood Elf Rogue
I would love to be able to BoA some items for transmogging that are no longer available.
Edited by Sephie on 26/10/2012 13:06 BST
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Worgen Druid
How about making Transmogging a "profession". We can "disenchant" items into armor patterns which is then put in a "transmog" spellbook.

Do away with the old Transmog "vendor", and have him sell something like a "Arcane Mold" for 25g which must then be used whenever you craft a new transmog....

Frees up bagspace and allows us to avoid dublicate items, which have basically the same model, but with a slightly different tint to it.

As a matter of fact, Dye's should be added as well. to tint our transmogs... ;)

That's what I thought was enchanting was. +1 for the suggestion.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
First force blizzard to make the starting backpack 26 slots instead of the lame 16..

Then use the void storage for crap u hardly use, after that, seriously throw out some crap you are stuffing in your bank. maybe there is an add on that keeps track of how long you havent touched a certain item...:)

good luck
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]