Weapon for mistweaver monk - staff/1hander/dps

(Locked)

90 Human Warrior
Hey i was wondering what exp you guys got about which weapon to choice. Staff vs 1-hander, also how high prio is dps vs stats for a mistweaver(Could it be better with an agi 2-hander for higher dps). In the same subject, the Cranedancers Staff vs any HC weapon. The staff have a lot higher dps(2910) vs a normal 2 hander from hc(1642)?

What do you guys think?
90 Tauren Monk
MoX
Fistweaving is generally low healing so even though the Cranedancer does so much - you'll find you won't be using it much at all since ranged healing is superior in everything except Chi regen.

I'd say just go for the highest stat options, atm I'm personally trying to go for 1h/OH since they offer me the highest amount of spirit and shiz :p
I personally go for Staves, it's a lot easier to upgrade (Only need to find one item, rather than 2) it look nicer (The single weapon on the back looks a bit weird) and tends to have nice stats on (1h + Offhand tends to favour Haste, which is currently the weakest stat for Mistweavers after the breakpoint.

Fistweaving I'm not too sure about, people say it's weak because the DPS on caster gear is so low and that DPS gear doesn't have enough spirit to sustain, I've thought about a DPS staff + Healer gear but unsure if it'll work...
90 Human Monk
23/10/2012 18:06Posted by Asrane
(The single weapon on the back looks a bit weird)

Gotta agree with that, which is why I used Tremendous Tankard O' Terror as transmog. <3
90 Pandaren Monk
Fistweaving is generally low healing so even though the Cranedancer does so much - you'll find you won't be using it much at all since ranged healing is superior in everything except Chi regen.

I'd say just go for the highest stat options, atm I'm personally trying to go for 1h/OH since they offer me the highest amount of spirit and shiz :p
Gotta disagree. Melee healing incorprated with only few actual healing spells like chi wave and renewing mists is much effective way to heal than just using the spells.
90 Pandaren Monk
As for the question here. 1h + offhand offers you higher damage to eminence but staves usually have higher int as them combined so that offers higher healing by the healing spells. I use stave even that i heal with eminence.
90 Tauren Monk
MoX
20/12/2012 21:17Posted by Pharmapanda
Gotta disagree. Melee healing incorprated with only few actual healing spells like chi wave and renewing mists is much effective way to heal than just using the spells.

You haven't even raided normal/HC to see the insane burst damage cast on everyone - melee healing is too low to heal bursts, but you can do a certain degree of sustained healing with it yes, just nothing to save anyone in an AoE situation :p
90 Pandaren Monk
21/12/2012 07:21Posted by Xunda
You haven't even raided normal/HC to see the insane burst damage cast on everyone - melee healing is too low to heal bursts, but you can do a certain degree of sustained healing with it yes, just nothing to save anyone in an AoE situation :p

This pretty much, it's okay for helping out a little bit on DPS while on a low damage phase but once the damage starts coming in you're not going to be doing the healing required while fistweaving. It's just not possible.
Edited by Jen on 21/12/2012 07:44 GMT
100 Pandaren Monk
Melee healing is fun in heroic dungeons.

anything after that, you use melee healing in low damage periodes when you don't need to drink mana. go 1 hander with an offhand. I'd love to tell you otherwise but reality is, melee healing was fun while it lasted but until we get fixed (and not some stupid buff but true fixing the mechanics) you will be a ranged healer 90% of the time
90 Troll Death Knight
23/10/2012 13:10Posted by Xunda
g except Chi regen.

I'd say just go for the highest stat op
100 Night Elf Monk
Go practice necromancy in your own forums death knight.
90 Troll Monk
Removed
Edited by Nimblebrew on 12/05/2014 00:00 BST
90 Human Warlock
11/05/2014 19:48Posted by Nimblebrew
Fistweaving they are both the same. For CJL filler a stave is slightly better. However nazgrim 1h plus jugger off hand has better gem colours + off hand enchant. Overall about the same unless you plan on using CJL instead of soothing most of the time.

2012 topic...
90 Troll Monk
Removed
Edited by Nimblebrew on 12/05/2014 00:01 BST
90 Pandaren Warrior
Sorry didn't see this was the greatest necro of all time
Edited by Jugger on 12/05/2014 00:01 BST
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]