best horde hunter race and why?

88 Goblin Hunter
hello fellow hunters im just wondering whats the best race for a hunter on horde side and why?
im 95% pvp so not much pve

i went goblin in cata because i liked the racial jump to get away from people faster but now we dont have a range distance with bow its not as important i dont think please let me no.
Reply Quote
1 Pandaren Monk
Best looking race = Male Trolls
Best looking Firing Animation = Trolls
Best Racial = Trolls

I Play Night Elf, Best Ally Race for Hunters I think
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
At the moment...Orc is looking best imo. Is it 5% more pet damage? And blood fury for the damage proc.

Very well synchronised with both pve and pvp because BM is the top spec for both.

Pet damage synergises with BM altogether and since BM is a burst spec blood fury syncs even more perfectly.
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Hunter
orc --> undead --> troll --> blood elf / tauren / goblin

i think i forgot a race but yeah.. meh
Edited by Iluvin on 24/10/2012 01:05 BST
Reply Quote
88 Goblin Hunter
ty all was thinking maybe going female orc but why r undead good?

im not a fan of troll lol.
ive always liked look of undead tho.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Orc racial was changed to 2% from the start of MoP. Still good though.
Reply Quote
I'll give you all of it here, seems like everyone are retarded here.

BM is gonna get nerfed, MM getting buffed. You probably knew about that as of PTR notes though.

Racials that matters in PvP

UD:
Touch of the grave: Deals 13k shadow damage and healing you for the damage dealt
Will of the Forsaken: Removes any fear, charm or sleep effect, shares a 30-sec ICD with trink

Troll
Increased expertise with bows
10% Less duration on roots/slows
On-use 20% haste buff (3-min CD)

Orc:
15% Less stun duration
2% more damage dealt from pets
On-use 3k AP racial (2-min CD)

Tauren: (lol)
On-use 8yd 2-second stun. (2-min CD)
5% more base HP.

Blood elf:
On-use 8yd 2-second silence +15 focus (2-min CD)

Pandaren:
On-use 4-second melee stun. (2-min CD)

Goblin: (which u are but still)
1% passive haste
Forward disengage (2-min CD)

I find undeads being the best for PvP as when Marksman is viable. I say this because when you play BM you will have no chance of using WoTF since it shares DR with Bestial wrath.
The 20% proc chance miniheal is sort of nice, but it's not that gamechanger. It basically puts us ahead of orcs in terms of pvp damage wise as long as we stay marks, the lifesteal can also crit.

My view on best race overall for hunters:
Human > UD > Nelf > Dwarf > Orc > Goblin > Troll > Dwarf > Panda > Tauren = Blood elf > Worgen > Draenei
Edited by Niosa on 25/10/2012 14:29 BST
Reply Quote
88 Goblin Hunter
ty niosa
yes il admit when it comes to working out what racials r best i get confussed lol

youve made it sound simple tho thank you very much think il go undead soon as i can :)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Imo depends a bit on yr style as well and the content you may be interested.

For example i find goblins racial amazing for open pvp (bgs, wpvp)
UD: for arenas
Orc as a balancing all around

Trolls and taurens have less utility in my eyes but again that is just me.
Reply Quote
88 Goblin Hunter
well i think il level up first before changing and il see how useful goblin racial is then decide weather to change but goblins dont look very good everything so small lol
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I'm pretty sure MM was strong from the start of cata and it remained strong throughout the entire expansion...you can't assume that BM won't remain a dominant spec.

Nonetheless your information (Niosa) is valuable but IF BM does remain strong...then orc should show nice numbers - BM synergises around burst. But if you're right and MM or SV go through stronger then i'll stand by your options.
Reply Quote
88 Goblin Hunter
yer i suppose ur right neutrale
bm cud stay strong the 2 races im thinking of changing if i do (which is likely) is male undead or female orc.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If you don´t bother for racials and such.

Lore-wise, go blood elf (rangers are best archers in lore) or go orc (friends of the pets). This is, ofcourse, for the lore-part. Also taurens are in lore great hunter, but well...who wants to be a tauren
Reply Quote
88 Goblin Hunter
ty ague but wtf u talking about lol

sorry lol dont no what u mean by lore-wise , lore-part and stuff :P might just be me being stupid and not thinking but dont understand you :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
well if you going for racial, go for troll or orc, if you go for look and a extra silence go for belf (IMO i would go for a female due the males look to ''girlish'')
Reply Quote
25/10/2012 10:35Posted by Rexína
well if you going for racial, go for troll or orc, if you go for look and a extra silence go for belf (IMO i would go for a female due the males look to ''girlish'')

Trolls racials does !@#$ all in pvp, haste buff is not even a solid choice because Aimed shot does no damage anyways.

UD, Orc or goblin in pvp. You shouldn't ever be near a healer as a hunter making war stomp/aoesilence just bad.

Why should you not be close to a healer? Let me tell you..

Stay close to a druid -> bash
Stay close to a priest -> fear
Stay close to a holydin -> blind
Stay close to a shaman -> rooted
Stay close to a monk -> disarm/9sec stun.

Moral of the story, belfs and tauren racials are bad cause they rely on you putting yourself in a bad position.

If you don´t bother for racials and such.

Lore-wise, go blood elf (rangers are best archers in lore) or go orc (friends of the pets). This is, ofcourse, for the lore-part. Also taurens are in lore great hunter, but well...who wants to be a tauren

What !@#$ing lore did you read? How are blood elfs prime hunters? You're known for being arcane masters %^-*!@#it! Trolls, orc, dwarfes, nelfs and taurens are all prime hunters lore-wise.
Edited by Niosa on 25/10/2012 14:37 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
25/10/2012 14:32Posted by Niosa
UD, Orc or goblin in pvp. You shouldn't ever be near a healer as a hunter making war stomp/aoesilence just bad.

i mainly use it to get some extra focus/energy/mana whatever, its pretty nice to use.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
LOL
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]