Is Another Man's Treasure- Dread Wastes No Spawn

80 Dwarf Priest
I've been farming this achievement for weeks now (Is Another Man's Treasure: Find 20 Rare treasures in Pandaria)... I have been 17/20 for 6 days and have been hardcore farming the Dread Wastes- where I have only got 1 treasure previously it's the ONLY area I haven't got all treasure from- I have every piece of treasure from every other zone except the staff of the hidden master. Plus what is worse the most recent item I acquired was the "Ancient Pandaren Mining Pick" which did not grant me 18/20 which it should have. OF course I reported this bug and opened a ticket, but 18/20 was not granted only a generic response that they are aware of the issue and it will be fixed in an upcoming patch...

I had a character sit on one treasure spawn for 17 hours (and constantly watching it) and seen no spawn, whilst I looked around the other spawn points on my other account (2 lvl 90 separate accounts, same b.net- windowed so I can see both location)

Not one single spawn in over 5 freakin days... I have looked morning time (9am to 3pm), night time (from 8pm to 4.30am) spent hours and hours doing nothing but this (in game) and it is driving me crazy that I have not seen a single spawn. I am on a low-medium pop server so this makes no sense to me. I found the other 17 items in less time than I have been farming these last 3 and seen NOTHING... I mad. And something is not right.

Either the spawns are bugged, not working correctly or have a far too long a respawn. I have not been lucky enough to catch a server reset. Perhaps it's related to the ticket I opened? could a GM have triggered my completion for all items (i.e. the !flag quest completion)

I just want this to be over :( I did not think it would take so damn long.

Some clarification on spawn rates would be nice or maybe when server restarts happen... or whether this is bugged or not.

P.S. I've searched Google, Wowhead, everywhere for information, I have tom-tom for co-ords and arrows pointing out the exact locations, I have 9 treasures which I have not looted: 1. Swarmkeeper's Medallion, 2. Blade of the Prime, 3. Bloodsoaked Chitin Fragment, 4. Blade of the Poisoned Mind, 5. Amber Encased Necklace, 6. Malik's Stalwart Spear, 7. Wind-Reaver's Dagger of Quick Strikes 8. Glinting Rapana Whelk (have this I.D. on NPCScan) in Dread Wastes & 9. Staff of the Hidden Master in Valley of the Four Winds just over the wall. Not seen one of these in nearly a week of hardcore farming. Not one. That leads me to believe spawns in Dread wastes are not happening i.e. bugged. 17 hours+ with no spawn on any of these items is simply ridiculous.
Edited by One on 30/10/2012 14:23 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Don't worry OP, most people don't even have 1 of those items, so it can always be worse.

PS, if you want to keep on posting, be shure not to circumvent the profanity filter with stuff like:
or whether this <snip> s bugged or not.
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Priest
Don't worry OP, most people don't even have 1 of those items, so it can always be worse.

PS, if you want to keep on posting, be shure not to circumvent the profanity filter with stuff like:
or whether this <snip> s bugged or not.

It has brought me close to tears this achievement... I will not be beaten...

I read that the Dread wastes objects MIGHT share a spawn with each other (i.e. only 1 spawns at a time with a 13 hr+ respawn). If this is the case that REALLY sucks. I wish there was more clarification on these things.

Removed the <snip>
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Currently on 13/20 myself, and 4 of those were Dread Wastes (Both Necklaces, agility Polearm and Caster staff), spawn timer is long though as i've camped the one that's underwater for 16+ hours.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
They are aware of the Mining Pick currently not counting towards the achievements, but it does not really matter at the moment. I got my 21st Lost and Found this morning (20th on achievement due to Mining Pick), and I noticed that the achievement currently does not reward the title 'The Relic Hunter'. I have opened a ticket about this, but have got no response as of yet. Anyway, good luck farming :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Update: After a few relogs, it was in my list of titles. Happy farming!
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Impressive dedication, ill give you that. Looked for that mining pick a lot. Can't find it :(
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I got 3 out of Dread Wastes. Im on 11/20 now. Got the under water one this morning. So they are there. You just have to be patient.

Well, and finally some achievement that takes a bit more effort!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Plus what is worse the most recent item I acquired was the "Ancient Pandaren Mining Pick" which did not grant me 18/20 which it should have. OF course I reported this bug and opened a ticket, but 18/20 was not granted only a generic response that they are aware of the issue and it will be fixed in an upcoming patch...

I share your pain here, i have looted Wodin's Mantid Shanker twice on two different characters and it didnt count, i should be at 19/20 but im still at 18/20 :(
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
I personally cba with these pandarian treasures... the respawn times inbetween them is so ludicrously obscene...
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Priest
I got it on 03/11/12 lol (a few weeks ago now). It took a long time. Just don't give up is my advice. The last one I got was Malik's Stalwart Spear, Camped it all day (as feral in stealth), then when I was tabbed out it spawned... I tabbed back in to find another character trying to loot it :l luckily I got it before him somehow... He /w me with "jammy" I told him I'd been tabbed out and just happened to tab back in at that moment and it was my last one, he was on 14/20 and he told me "for some reason it wouldn't let me loot that item" :o. Some good luck helps.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
The dread wastes is by far the hardest set to get, simply because nearly every item is at or near a quest location. Some things to note:

1) sometimes you loot the container and don't get the item. If you ticket a GM they will send you the item in the mail.

2) the spawn times can be very long. don't expect to find them easily.

3) they do not spawn on server restart (or at least, not all of them do).
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I have made a movie - myself looting all items.
You can have a look, see exactly where and what to look for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euIVrGfjcoo
Edited by Gayia on 21/11/2012 23:35 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I have made a movie - myself looting all items.
You can have a look, see exactly where and what to look for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euIVrGfjcoo

Ah this was your movie? This helped me a lot, thanks :)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
i found the staff of the hidden master but not in dread wastes!!!
in the forest near them in Valley of the four winds!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]