add a better reward for completing lfr!

90 Pandaren Monk
This system is not good at all.

example: I just did LFR second part, we killed 2 first bosses easily but then 10 ppl left because probably there is nothing for them on the final boss, wich means the raid disbanded because 10 ppl is impossible to get only for the last boss ( especially in the middle of the night)

Somethings gotta be done to this, somethings gotta be added for a reward or something !
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
01/11/2012 23:25Posted by Njunjen
somethings gotta be added for a reward or something

Like 90 valor points and some gold?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Panda asking for rewards after LFR? Sounds reasonable.. Wait wut? :D
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
01/11/2012 23:25Posted by Njunjen
I just did LFR second part, we killed 2 first bosses easily

This is why you dont get better rewards

Edit : Also using pvp pieces to get IN to LFR is why you dont get better rewards
Edited by Dpspally on 02/11/2012 00:29 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Chances are they aren't leaving because theres nothing there for them its more than likely they didn't get a fresh fun as people wipe at the last boss. Unless you're willing to keep re-queueing (will take multiple attempts) its easier to just join for the last boss get it down and try again later to get the first 2.

Its not ideal and honestly I'd rather be able to queue for a fresh run rather than join groups that have cleared the easy stuff and bailed.

I'd stay for the last boss regardless (I'm not a fan of leaving groups dead in the water) but I can understand the reasoning behind those that leave.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Human Death Knight
Njunjen, can I ask what kind of rewards you would like to see added?

There's a rather insightful thread on the US forum regarding how rewarding Raid Finder is, and should be. I am, of course, in no way suggesting that you post there instead (we can't) - I just think it makes interesting reading, and that you may want to look at some of the points raised.

You can find it here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7006893247

If you don't have the time or inclination to look at a thread several pages long which you can't post in - which is of course perfectly reasonable, Zarhym states that Raid Finder is optional for those who raid normal or heroic modes. The OP, unless I interpreted their stance incorrectly, argues that it's essential.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
I haven't experienced this problem (always do all 3 bosses, only ever seen a wipe once).

I don't mind the rewards are of low quality, I just don't find the system of allocating rewards fun.

Even if I don't get anything, I want to see what other's get. Not just NOTHING and some gold. I want the slight drama of who gets the high roll, etc.

I really, really hate this new LFR system, especially since it's the only raiding I'll ever do (not even remotely enough time or patience to deal with other people's schedules).
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
02/11/2012 00:27Posted by Dpspally
Edit : Also using pvp pieces to get IN to LFR is why you dont get better rewards

Look at this guy.
He thinks we're still in cata.
Reply Quote
02/11/2012 08:08Posted by Cefizelj
Even if I don't get anything, I want to see what other's get. Not just NOTHING and some gold. I want the slight drama of who gets the high roll, etc.

What would that change other than creating drama as you mentioned? (and the kind of drama that doesn't really add anything to the community, I believe).

Under the new loot system, since you're not affected by what others get (your chance of getting a drop lies strictly on what your roll is against the system, no matter how many items might have been distributed already), there's no big loss to see if others were rewarded (besides mere curiosity and the potential of people starting to argue that this one player undeservedly got an item because of X).
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/11/2012 08:08Posted by Cefizelj
I want the slight drama of who gets the high roll

Slight? Was a frigging flamewar after every boss in DS.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I would like the option back to give away my loot to another player in the raid. I've sold 5 LFR items already because they were no improvement. A second unique equipped trinket, armor I already have or with worse itemisation that what I was wearing...

Here I am with an item I can't use and which will give me maybe 30 gold at most, while other players would love to have it as upgrade. Since what I get is independant from what other people roll, I don't see a problem with this. It's not as if I steal another player's chance for an item just so I can give it to a friend.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/11/2012 09:16Posted by Brujeria
Since what I get is independant from what other people roll, I don't see a problem with this.

Would still start the very same problem they tried to avoid, people would start flamewars if they realised you gave away your loot to someone else then them.
Edited by Kargon on 02/11/2012 09:21 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
I do use LFR, but mainly because I can....
I stell feel bad about going in there, since it actually "spoils" the content for me.

I am the kinda oldschool guy, who likes to look at people in the main city, see their items and go:
" Ô.Ô I WANT TO BE THAT GUY!!!"

This kinda makes me wanna do the normal/hc content.
I have not killed a HC Boss yet, since we just managed to clear MSV Normal last week and with HoF being implemented this week, our focus will be on another normal mode run.

I kinda love the idea of progressing through content, without having and iLvL reset every now and then. These iLvL resets give me the possibility to skip content. When I can't clear the current raids before new content is getting implemented, then I can just farm VP/JP/LFR and gear myself up for the new content, skipping the old stuff.
The incentive to stay at the old content and clear it before progressing any further is simply not there.

This - imo - is not what an endgame should offer.

Having to go through all the content even if it is from normal Blackwing Descent/Bastion of Twilight/Throne of the four Winds to Normal Firelands into normal Dragon Soul.

I didn't play WoW very active in Cata, since it got pretty bored throughout the expansion.
There was no incentive for me to keep pushing to the limit, cause I could just wait for the next content patch, that brings new Badge/Point Gear.

I have never seen BWD/TOTFW/BOT on HC.
I have never even been to Firelands Normal.

I basically quit after we killed Nefarian on normal and then came back to run through Firelands HC. This wasn't fun at all...

I know it is stressful, for raids/guilds to gear new players up for the latest content they are progressing, but it was also a reason to get your alt/toon out to help a new Raidmember/Guildmate gearing his character.
There was just more "bonding time" between players in the past.

In TBC we did atleast have attunement quests, that required guilds to go through past content from time to time to help a guildmates alt to get into SSC/TK or BT/Hyjal.

I really miss those things, I know you at Blizzard want a wider spectrum of people seeing your content, but in the End I kinda feel like you're trying to spoonfeed me.
I don't need to watch what I am doing in LFR. I can just autoattack AFK a Bossfight and then come back to see if I got an item or not and even if I die, there is no wipe, since 10-15 player left alive can still manage to kill the boss pretty easy.

I am in no way a hardcore raider, but I miss the challenge, even in normal mode right now it just feels like we are progressing TOO fast.
And when looking at the top ranked guilds, they are dealing with the new content like they are a hot knife that runs smoothly through a pound of butter....

I kinda ask myself if this is really what we or you want Blizzard.
Edited by Roothy on 02/11/2012 09:29 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Since what I get is independant from what other people roll, I don't see a problem with this.

Would still start the very same problem they tried to avoid, people would start flamewars if they realised you gave away your loot to someone else then them.

AND you would again see guilds using lfr to equip their members in a fast unintended way..

the loot system is ok, the LFR is more the rewarding for what it is..

what i do still have problems withis: people cheating their way into content by abusing ilvl of pvp gear..
it's a PvE enviroment, so honestly, if blizz would change anything, i would want it to be that they finally disable pvp gear ilvl.. or make it only viable in pvp..
Edited by Cleoo on 02/11/2012 09:30 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Well, some incentive for people to stay and finish it wouldn't hurt, I agree with that. Perhaps somethng on the level that people get for random scenarios? Just with a chance at a piece of LFR quality item, silly item, gem... Something like that. Even if it had to be at the expense of valors, since doing HCs for valors is faster anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I don't really understand the need to see what other people have. It's not like they've ninja'd it from anyone... the only disadvantage to the LFR system lootwise is what Brujeria pointed out, that it would be nice to pass it to someone who needed it if you do not, but even that would still end up causing problems, I'm sure.

I think Blizzard have got the LFR loot as best as they can to prevent guild abuse and individual ninjas, yet still people complain about something which doesn't really affect them :(
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Curiosity killed the cat.
Reply Quote
11 Troll Warlock
02/11/2012 09:08Posted by Draztal

What would that change other than creating drama as you mentioned? (and the kind of drama that doesn't really add anything to the community, I believe).

Under the new loot system, since you're not affected by what others get (your chance of getting a drop lies strictly on what your roll is against the system, no matter how many items might have been distributed already), there's no big loss to see if others were rewarded (besides mere curiosity and the potential of people starting to argue that this one player undeservedly got an item because of X).

The system is really good,but there is one flaw in the design imho.

Recently I got a caster dps mainhand for second time,which ended up in my local vendor.
Wouldn't be nice to be able to trade the item to someone who needs it?Rolls remain hidden as is,but if a person wins an item and he doesn't need it,to be able to give it,at his own discretion.Obviously some restrictions should apply such as not be able to trade to a same realm person,but I think is way better to be able to give than vendor items.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I would like the option back to give away my loot to another player in the raid. I've sold 5 LFR items already because they were no improvement. A second unique equipped trinket, armor I already have or with worse itemisation that what I was wearing...

Here I am with an item I can't use and which will give me maybe 30 gold at most, while other players would love to have it as upgrade. Since what I get is independant from what other people roll, I don't see a problem with this. It's not as if I steal another player's chance for an item just so I can give it to a friend.

Maybe I'm missunderstanding what you're saying here. But it looks to me that you are saying that you used to need on stuff that weren't improvements to you, just so you could sell it to someone else. How else would you end up with an item you didn't need with the old system?

Although I would like an option to give away my personal loot. I've gotten 2 pair of pants, 2 pair of helms and a necklace on my hunter, all of them was worse than what I already had equipped. I would have happily given those loots away to someone else.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage

what i do still have problems withis: people cheating their way into content by abusing ilvl of pvp gear..
it's a PvE enviroment, so honestly, if blizz would change anything, i would want it to be that they finally disable pvp gear ilvl.. or make it only viable in pvp..

I don't see why you would consider this "cheating". Sure if people are turning up in gear that is not viable for the raid because it is pvp then that causes a problem. It's the same with people queuing for lfr with items in their bag they are not equipping (from a different spec or even class) boosting their ilvl. Unless you are going to use a different measure of entry than ilvl this is always going to be the case. The only way you could make this "better" would be to make it that you were unable to change gear once in the raid, and it only took into account the gear you had equipped. That would mean no more getting into lfr as a mage with a plate tank boe in your inventory to boost ilvl etc. Even this though would just mean people would queue with their less-optimal gear because they could get in that way. Imagine ret pallies queueing in some healing or tanking gear because they could get in that way - even though their dps would be severely gimped as they were unable to change gear once inside.

Incidently on this mage the first thing I did when I dinged 90 was to buy a full set of 450 pvp gear, then run scenarios and heroics until I got that last 10 points. I still had several pvp items on when I first queued for lfr, but I was still around 5th on dps. If pvp gear is viable, what's the real problem? I believe its more a problem when people dont bother to enchant / gem / reforge their gear, which I do even for the temporary pvp gear.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]