Account Merging question?

(Locked)

72 Gnome Mage
Right, straight to the point.

I've got two WoW accounts, one of them has very prestigious mounts (Sea Turtle/Flameward Hypogryph etc)

If I merge them together, will both the WoW accounts (Under one bnet) have the mounts?

My old account has the mounts, my new one doesn't, will merging them, give my new one the mounts?

I ask because, I transfered my 85 hunter to my new account last night, thinking it'd take the mounts with it, but, the only thing that happened was that my new account had the achievements, no mounts at all...

Rather confusing...

Any help's appreciated, thanks. :)
90 Human Warlock
If you have 2 Warcraft accounts in one battle.net account then the mounts are shared as long as they are not faction specific.

You will need to contact Blizzard to merge 2 battle.net accounts, and they both need to be in your name with the same details.
- World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Monk
As Dottie says you'd have to contact them directly to merge two Battle.nets, but I'm not sure if they will be able to move the mounts as they are, indeed, Battle.net bound. A blue might be able to clarify I guess.
72 Gnome Mage
Well; the b.net site says "Merge World of Warcraft" account...

The only issue I see, being that my original account's in my father's name, whereas the current is in mine (Independancy woo!)

Any clarification on that being an issue?
- World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Monk
31/10/2012 18:26Posted by Aesier
Well; the b.net site says "Merge World of Warcraft" account...

That is only for WoW accounts that haven't been merged into a Battle.net yet.

31/10/2012 18:26Posted by Aesier
The only issue I see, being that my original account's in my father's name, whereas the current is in mine (Independancy woo!)

Unsure. If it was your father and he opened it while you were a minor they might be able to change the name, but that'd be up to Account and payment support, provided you give them documents to prove you're family and what not.
72 Gnome Mage
That is only for WoW accounts that haven't been merged into a Battle.net yet.

Our accounts are 'not' merged into one battle.net - They're completely seperate battle.net accounts.

It's so frustrating because I got the Sea Turtle on my original account, and I'm 'not' fishing another 10,000 fish just to get another one. xD
- World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Monk
You misunderstand. I mean the 'Merge World of warcraft account' option is for accounts that aren't Battle.net'ed yet - that are old accounts from pre-Battle.net times, or when Battle.net wasn't mandatory, so it's not actually usable for the thing you want to do. I know that you have two different Battle.nets.
90 Tauren Paladin
Our?
72 Gnome Mage
Ah - Well; I'll ring Customer Services in the morning and clarify everything, I have my proof of identity and stuffs like that. :) Thanks for the help Nyshae. +1 Rep. :p

Fiskerdin - As the first account's in my father's name, yes, it would be "our", as the origin of the account is from him. ;)
90 Tauren Paladin
Ah - Well; I'll ring Customer Services in the morning and clarify everything, I have my proof of identity and stuffs like that. :) Thanks for the help Nyshae. +1 Rep. :p

Fiskerdin - As the first account's in my father's name, yes, it would be "our", as the origin of the account is from him. ;)

Then you would atleast need to have the account changed to your name before they can merge it.
90 Human Warlock
I'm a little confused.. Me and my buddy want to do RAF but we both have battle net accounts and we both have 90's - We decided if i make a free trial then we could level through all the way to 80 (Sharing my battle net) Only then i realised i couldn't do this because i was still free trial, I have no problem paying my monthly subscription - But paying for battle chest, Lich king, cata and panderia when i already have them on my original was a little frustrating. Is it possibly if i merged these accounts together we can continue to level to 80 with (RAF) just paying my 1 monthly subscription? ... Also if this happens then what would i lose, i heard you can loe gold, characters or mounts?? would this happened.
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Monk
02/07/2013 16:55Posted by Sefiigaming
We decided if i make a free trial then we could level through all the way to 80 (Sharing my battle net)

Confused about this. You mean sharing your Battle.net with your friend? If you mean that, that is not allowed. A Battle.net can be used by only one adult, and the only one that can share it with the adult is a minor that the adult is a parent or guardian to. If you mean putting your new account in the same Battle.net as your original WoW then that's fine. But only you can use your Battle.net.

02/07/2013 16:55Posted by Sefiigaming
Is it possibly if i merged these accounts together we can continue to level to 80 with (RAF) just paying my 1 monthly subscription?

No, RAF is only for newly created WoW accounts, created through the RAF link. While you could add it to the same Battle.net you already have you cannot reuse the codes or merge WoW accounts in any way.

Btw, it's best if you open your own new thread in the future, as old threads might go unnoticed. Edit: and just realised it's older than I thought.
Edited by Nyshae on 02/07/2013 17:22 BST
90 Human Warlock
Nononon - Ermmm about the first thing .. I have my battle net and he has his :p not trying to merge them .. i was thinking if i could of merged my battle net with a trial so i could benefit from RAF making my account a new account??? But you said here "No, RAF is only for newly created WoW accounts, created through the RAF link. While you could add it to the same Battle.net you already have you cannot reuse the codes or merge WoW accounts in any way."
But is there anyway of making my account as a newly created account whilst still keeping some of my Alts on my original account so i could benefit from RAF? or do i just have to make a new account and buy everything from scratch like ive seen some people do. (btw I tried recruiting some of my friends but there to much in to league so they're not interested to move :/ )
90 Human Warlock
Ahaha after looking up some more threads ive come accross one that relates to my situation :
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6534814945
This is the thing i'm trying to do i think!
MVP
10 Draenei Priest
I think you're getting battle.net account & wow account mixed up. You can have up to 8 wow licences (accounts) on your battle.net.

In that thread you linked, look at Faylanna's post 8 with you being the friend in the example.
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Monk
02/07/2013 18:35Posted by Sefiigaming
i could of merged my battle net with a trial so i could benefit from RAF making my account a new account???

Assuming you're the one being invited (meaning the one getting the Recruit account):
You can get your friend to send you a RAF invite to your existing Battle.net, which will create a new WoW Starter Edition, linked to your friend's WoW, and then that can be upgraded (as Ananda says you can have up to 8 upgraded WoW accounts on one Battle.net), but your current alts in your older WoW account will NOT get the RAF bonus (unless you transfer them, but that's paid transfer only, so not worth it). The bonus will only apply to characters that are in the RAF linked WoW account.

To put it in a few words: the RAF bonus is not Battle.net wide, it's WoW-account-wide.
Edited by Nyshae on 02/07/2013 19:04 BST
Customer Service
@Sefiigaming

If you have further questions about Recruit a Friend, you can find its FAQ here, and you're always welcome to create your own thread, but please avoid necro'ing old ones.

I'll be locking this thread as not only your questions have been answered, but also because your issue is completely unrelated to the original post.
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]