Why do we recieve so little VP from raids?

90 Tauren Warrior
I don't really understand why we get so little VP from clearing the raids. Killing all 12 bosses atm will give you roughly half of the VP cap, it just feels like we are not rewarded for killing raid bosses. Raid bosses are a huge deal and should reward VP accordingly, so please Blizzard, increase the VP gain from raid bosses so that I don't have to farm HCs to reach the weekly cap.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Don't be stupid.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Nice input from a player who isn't even raiding. Hard to be as stupid as you it seems.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
So that we are encouraged to run dungeons and do dailies instead of warming up a nice rooftop somewhere, But I agree with you and would like a bit more from raids, again, you do not have to get the VP cap though :P
Edited by Karmin on 10/11/2012 10:40 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
and why would you need those VP than?
since you do normals, you have access to gear which is way better than VP gear anways..

i don't see the point who you'd nee to cap VP each time..
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
You have a small chance of gear in normals it is not given out on tree's plus its you v. any competing players needing the same kind of gear, for me that is 4 individuals I still try and cap my VP as I am saving for a replacement hat, which I should get this week, the most of which VP's I get from dailies
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
so basicly, you want more VP from raids so you can gear up even faster?

no thanks..
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
In 5.1 you will use VP to upgrade gear pieces. So yes, you would want to cap VP. It's also great for gearing offspecs, giving you a more versatile raid team. At the moment you recieve 25 VP for a raid boss. Completing dungeon rewards 40 VP (80 VP for the first of the day), now tell me, what requires more effort, killing a raid boss or completing a dungeon?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
totally agree with you Quegash killing all content and get less then 500 valor is a joke. dunno why blizzard want us raiders to do dailys or instances when pvpers doesn´t need to do bgs to get conquest cap.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
12/11/2012 20:30Posted by Zenying
totally agree with you Quegash killing all content and get less then 500 valor is a joke. dunno why blizzard want us raiders to do dailys or instances when pvpers doesn´t need to do bgs to get conquest cap.

because raiders asked for it.

any of this sound familiar?

there is nothing to do outside of raiding?
there is nothing to do outside of bla bla...

raiders have been saying that for so long and well blizzard listened and this is the result.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Why the *** would ppl wanna do the same dailys every day to get valor? doesnt even make sense. make dailys gives gold and those coin for extra loot so ppl that got a real life outside this game can get valor cap
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior

raiders have been saying that for so long and well blizzard listened and this is the result.

As it is now we come halfway to the cap if we kill all 12 bosses that is out right now. We will reach 650 VP/week once Terrace is out and on farm. So that makes it 16 raid bosses, let's compare that to dungeons.

Since we raid 3 nights/week we will count 3 dungeons as the first of the day. 3x80 = 240, 13x40=520, total is 760 VP.
Why would running 16 dungeons reward more VP than 16 raid bosses when it's obvious that the raid bosses require more time and effort (not to mention skill).
Afterall VP used to be rewarded only in raids but I have no problem with VP being obtainable from dailies or dungeons, I just think that Blizzard should increase the VP gained from every raid boss so that you can cap your VP with only raiding.
Edited by Quegash on 12/11/2012 21:21 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

no thanks..

I think he wants more VP from raids so that he isn't forced to do 10-12 retarded "heroics" a week.

Might be wrong tho
Reply Quote

and what did the raiders get to dooo

well they got farmville and pokemon hmmmmm nope not really that great and on top of that they are forced to do heroics or daylies to cap vp
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

no thanks..

Another person who isn't even raiding who is trolling a topic like this.

I agree the VP count is too small. I'm not asking for 1000 VP per lockout, but a bit more could be welcome to gear up faster, both in terms of replacing blue/LFR with rep rewards and with the 5.1 item upgrade system.

The rep grinds are already fairly massive, they should lock the epic 489 gear behind the exalted req and make it purchaseable for gold.

Well, I guess I am asking for 1000 VP per lockout :p
Edited by Marbury on 12/11/2012 23:00 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
25 per boss is silly low indeed if you ask me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
50 valour per boss, please. It's reasonable enough.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock

Maybe people said it because there was nothing to do outside of raids? Once you got all your TB daily stuff and the Firelands daily place completed then what else was there to do? Rep grinds with old factions from previous expansions? Not the most ideal situation now was it?

Problem wasn't that you capped VP via raids - it was the lack of alternative content provided to raids.

12/11/2012 21:20Posted by Quegash
I just think that Blizzard should increase the VP gained from every raid boss so that you can cap your VP with only raiding.

60VP per boss sounds about fair. 60x16 = 960VP for clearing all raids. Time investment at least at the moment is large enough to warrant it imho. Even 50 would be good.
Edited by Falc on 13/11/2012 09:21 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
To be honest seeing as VP is a raid gear currency it does seem a bit silly that there is barely any dropped from normal/heroic raids. Just a little bit extra would be nice tbh, seems pitifully low at the moment.
Reply Quote
10/11/2012 10:43Posted by Cleoo
and why would you need those VP than?

to upgrade my gear with the VP upgrade system coming next week or the week after jeez l2r patchnotes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]