How long?

(Locked)

81 Troll Hunter
How long it usually takes, that from report the bot is banned? I reported one who chat's with me via realid about 2 weeks ago, so was wondering if I need to do another report or if investigating takes time now that bg's are overrun by bots and stuff? He keeps talking me about botting, ofc talking stuff isn't 100% sure, but why would he lie anyway! Also he said something about he "cheated mop trial" (?) and puts HS on somewhere when trial stops, atm he's leveling alchemy with herb collecting bot :/
Why do you give your realID to botters?
90 Blood Elf Monk
Blizzard will never "really" ban them - they need them.

1. Sub is sub, money smells the same if it's from botter or a good player.

2. Bots are the only thing keeping AH in check. Without them, markets would collapse because 90% ppl only have production professions and don't bother getting any gathering one, if they can just buy cheap crap from botters and their AH alts..

I've personally reported quite a few of them, but it didn't have any lengthly response (aka the bot was offline for like 2 days and then just continued where he left..)

Maybe, just maybe, if they started giving 50 euro penalties to botters, maybe they would rather stop than being caught.. but yes.. the auction would collapse the day after.. so not gonna happen.
90 Troll Warlock
Blizzard doesnt care about people botting,as long as the bots pay they subscribtion fee.This in explicitely clear by know.

Activi$sion-Blizzard

The call of the world of money.
90 Pandaren Monk
Blizzard doesnt care about people botting,as long as the bots pay they subscribtion fee.This in explicitely clear by know.

Activi$sion-Blizzard

The call of the world of money.

This is such bull.
As Blizzard has been saying like a thousand times, the loss of subs from people who leave due to botting is way higher then the amount of actual bot accounts. In other words, by letting bots stay, they would loose subs from disgruntled players, and with it money.

OP, noone can tell how long they work on a report. But do be aware that at times a person lies, and doesn't actually bot. And thats more comon then people think.
The same goes for the PvP "bots". Lots of those don't use a bot at all, but simply leech. They might stand at the Av entrance not participating, but they do not use a botting program. And leeching is still bad and punishable mind you.
81 Troll Hunter
he keeps linking me now how he get professions to max in minutes...HELP! Recruit me to gm! :D
85 Human Paladin
12/11/2012 14:34Posted by Phaonis
2. Bots are the only thing keeping AH in check. Without them, markets would collapse because 90% ppl only have production professions and don't bother getting any gathering one, if they can just buy cheap crap from botters and their AH alts..
Well, I don't think that's quite right. I make most of my gold from crafting, and I have the required gathering profession. While the gathering items are cheap enough I will stockpile them. If they break over a set amount and I need some. I got get it myself.

Nah the AH wouldn't collapse. There'd just be a period of adjustment.
Community
I made a post on this topic recently, hopefully you can find some answers to your queries here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5724064668?page=4#70
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]