CRZ and ramifications of leveling gathering profs.

90 Human Hunter
While I can see the attractive part of having more people in zones, the whole leveling mining / herbalism part of it sucks.

Have you thought about this when you went through with the design Blizz?

Trying to level mining on my alt today, and after 30 mins of flying around Borean Tundra I found exactly 4 Cobalt Deposits.... That means by this tempo it will take me 562.5 minutes or 9.375 hours to level from 375 to 450. Sounds fun on something you already have leveled on other chars right?

And this is only due to CRZ, it was not a problem before it got introduced.

Why penalize alts even more than you already have done with dailies? Do you want everyone to level the crafting profs? The gathering profs already the worst when it comes to classbenefits.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
All I can hear is that you want the entire MMO world to yourself.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Well then you better start wearing those reading glasses and sharpen them analytical skills.
Reply Quote
While not a fan of CRZ, one could argue that the root cause lies in the low number of nodes (esp. Cobalt) in Northrend to begin with, even before CRZ there were hardly many (Saronite being simpler, with Wintergrasp and all).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
13/11/2012 16:14Posted by Kiqjaq

Clearly you can't read.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
13/11/2012 16:14Posted by Kiqjaq

Then try putting more thought into comprehending what is being said.

With CRZ you now have the same resources being split across many different servers. This creates large problems for the economy since it acts as a giant barrier to levelling professions.

It's a similar situation with rare spawns which were not designed to be shared across 20 different servers.
Reply Quote
Community
Cross realm zones bring the number of players per zone up to the intended number, the number we had in mind when designing the zone. The competition over mining nodes you're experiencing now should be on a par with those who are on realms with a high population. Your profession levelling speed should be roughly the same speed as everyone else.

While I can understand that you enjoyed being able to level up gathering professions quickly before, it wasn't ever meant to be that easy.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I concur with the blue

You all had it too easy in WorLK and Cata - I remember years ago having to fly for hours and hours over weeks and week to get enough Fel iron and Adamantite to level up mining and blacksmithing - back then we just did it rather than moan about it :-)
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
13/11/2012 17:26Posted by Takralus
The competition over mining nodes you're experiencing now should be on a par with those who are on realms with a high population.

Maybe it brings number of players to a designed level but it takes away resources from low populated realm to higher populated resulting in worsening low populated realm economy situation.

And looking at Outland if the design was to see 1-2 nodes after 4hours of running around that was really bad design imo
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
13/11/2012 17:26Posted by Takralus
Cross realm zones bring the number of players per zone up to the intended number, the number we had in mind when designing the zone. The competition over mining nodes you're experiencing now should be on a par with those who are on realms with a high population. Your profession levelling speed should be roughly the same speed as everyone else.

I don't think you understand the issue.

All other lowbie areas (talking about EK and Kalimdor here) have a compensated spawn timer for nodes. I was on my gatherer last week or so in the old world and I could barely keep up with the nodes respawning.

This doesn't happen in Northrend. No matter how many people are in the area, the nodes are simply slow respawning.

And you can't simply "change" the rules after 7 years that "it wasn't intended to level that fast", you simply can't.
Reply Quote
What really really really really sucks is Rare Spawn camping (be it Pet like Minfernal or Mounts like TLPD) - having to compete against x times more campers than before CRZ makes sad panda sad.

Any solution for this ?
Edited by Bankbox on 13/11/2012 17:50 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter

While I can understand that you enjoyed being able to level up gathering professions quickly before, it wasn't ever meant to be that easy.

I guess when you designed the servers, it was also intended that 90% of all the herbs and ores wouldn't stay on that server in one way or another? Would you please stop making utterly stupid arguments.

The way nodes and herbs were designed was obviously that whoever farm them will either use them for their professions or sell them at AH, one way or another put them back into the economy of the server they were picked from. It's funny how everytime a blue responds to anything CRZ related, you only answer half a question.

Why don't you instead answer if it was intended that the majority of herbs and nodes of any specific server leaves that servers economy, and how that effects the economy of that server? That's right, because you can't give a convinient standard bull!@#$ "working as intended" answer for that.

Pull your head out of your %^- and admit that CRZ creates way more problem that it could possible solve, even if it workes as intended with no bugs at all. Which it don't.
Edited by Ravinna on 13/11/2012 17:50 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
To be honest, cobalt deposits have always been quite rare; even on the low pop realm I have played on while leveling JC, mining, JC again, mining, engineering, mining and engineering.

Borean Tundra is also the best place to farm cobalt. Not even close to howling fjord.
zul'drak and at least grizzly hills are another story, there are so many rich deposits that you can't level mining there. (still borean seems to provide more cobalt, granted no competition is present)

Maybe a small bump in the spawn rates is actually in place. (not sure about fel iron on high pop, but cobalt is more ... "borean" to farm :p Hellfire Peninsula just looks great imo.

Then again, my standards are at the level of farming saronite in Sholazar Basin/elementium in Uldum pre-nerf (pre-2nd if there were 2 nerfs to spawn rates)
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage

You are failing to understand a large problem with the issue.

Zones may have been designed with X players competing for resources, but they were all still on that server and a large amount of that would end up on the AH and circulating through the economy.

With CRZ X players may be competing for resources but it's being split among Y servers. The amount of resources per server is thus significantly reduced from intended values. It doesn't matter that the normal amount of players are competing because the effects on the various economies is far more destructive and detrimental.

Many are also reporting competition far higher than what was 'normal'. I know when I levelled my professions at high level there was healthy competition but it was not almost impossible to find nodes and you could get a decent share. But players are reporting spending an hour and getting a handful of nodes, far below what is intended surely?
Reply Quote

So instead of creating a buggy feature nobody asked for, why didn't they just reduce the already-small amount of Nodes instead?

It's also rather rediculous that first the Devs leave Low Pop Realms to rot, turn the game into one stupid rush to End of Game with their redunckulous 'End Game Is King' doctrine mortgaging the rest of the game, turn Instances from actual Dungeons and moster lairs into Lootshops people zerg through, create LFD etc. tools to zip people in the Instances in a shroud of anonimity, faster and faster Mounts etc. - and now are all of a sudden concerned with 'people going too fast, slow down' blah-di-blah.

Instead of pointing at players all the time, how about the Devs finally taking some responsibility for all the falacious social engineering they've done?
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Cross realm zones bring the number of players per zone up to the intended number, the number we had in mind when designing the zone.

In other words, we will not admit that some parts of CRZ was a bad idea. So you could not bother with leveling gathering profs. on an alt or just spend extreme amounts of time on the boring part of the game.

Thanks for clarification. My mining stays on 379 then.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Dont think i had any problems leveling mining or herb in northrend. Gathermate 2 addond just list up a nice route for me- and i take the same route until im done=win since they have to respawn sometime.
Edited by Ambrosious on 13/11/2012 18:02 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I concur with the blue

You all had it too easy in WorLK and Cata - I remember years ago having to fly for hours and hours over weeks and week to get enough Fel iron and Adamantite to level up mining and blacksmithing - back then we just did it rather than moan about it :-)

Coming from someone who capped mining in vanilla and farmed daily for rich thorium veins, please shut the hell up.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage

At this point, I'm becoming increasingly disappointed with the official responses in regards to these issues. Especially when it's just the same talking point repeated and refuted over and over, again and again.

I really don't think calling it "by design" is going to help your case here, because it really wasn't. To quote myself from the sticky: Blizzard has moved away from that format so much that the sudden implementation of CRZ is completely alien and contradictory. The game used to have different servers with different population sizes to support a wide variety of different playstyles, for example.

And even if it was intended, it's still bad and archaic design.

I thought part of the appeal of a low-population realm was that you had an easier time doing stuff out in the world in exchange for a harsher economy.
Cross-realm zones negate that balance entirely.
Edited by Ariyel on 13/11/2012 18:10 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
13/11/2012 17:49Posted by Ravinna
I guess when you designed the servers, it was also intended that 90% of all the herbs and ores wouldn't stay on that server in one way or another?

^ This. Was it intended to be split over a multitude of servers with all their max level flying bot farmers? Sorry, but I have to agree with Ravinna here, those original nodes with your original spawn times were never meant to be spread across umpteen servers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]