CRZ and ramifications of leveling gathering profs.

90 Night Elf Hunter
Cross realm zones bring the number of players per zone up to the intended number, the number we had in mind when designing the zone. The competition over mining nodes you're experiencing now should be on a par with those who are on realms with a high population. Your profession levelling speed should be roughly the same speed as everyone else.

While I can understand that you enjoyed being able to level up gathering professions quickly before, it wasn't ever meant to be that easy.

Then why is there the option to CHOOSE a low population server when making the character? EH?

When making a new char someone might decide " you know what i'm fed up of being swamped by other players, ill go somewhere more peaceful" But you torpedo that idea with the imposing of this flawed idea.

In addition instead of blowing the same bugle why don't you or your colleagues address the numerous concerns from those who do not want this in game? Is it fingers in ears time again?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
And CRZ isn't even active on Ravenholdt :O The world is as empty as it was before.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
It's working as intended. Welcome to World of Warcarft.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Work for stuff
Stuff aint free
Its a MMO ( MASS MULTIPLAYER ONLINE )
There are supposed to be other people

Buff blood dks
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Cross realm zones bring the number of players per zone up to the intended number, the number we had in mind when designing the zone. The competition over mining nodes you're experiencing now should be on a par with those who are on realms with a high population. Your profession levelling speed should be roughly the same speed as everyone else.

While I can understand that you enjoyed being able to level up gathering professions quickly before, it wasn't ever meant to be that easy.

Thats nice and all, but if the amount of competition over nodes and mobs should be at this level, I seriously wonder if the devs realised that the amount of mats needed to level professions is very much off the scale. You will level multiple times from just gathering proffessions. And the time to do that now takes way longer then it used to be, and it already used to be bad, especially during the 1-425 skill levels.

Certain ore is already hard to get without competiiton, especially Cobalt and Fel Iron are very hard to get enough of to level crafting proffessions.
They are spread thin and with more people farming the nodes, there are even less nodes. And this has a BIG impact on server economies. It used to be, that when 5 people over 5 realms farmed 1 type of ore, the amount of veins would be 5 times as high, since there were 5 times as many servers.

Because of that alone prices for low level herbs and ore are going up. Wich is anything but a good a thing, because prices for low level mats are already idiotic; 20g for a stack of copper, or 20g for a stack of peacebloom are quite comon. And so not only gathering the mats is harder, buying them on the AH is also much harder since there is fewer on the AH or they are more expensive. And there is no way anyone will buy a low level uncomon item for twice the price it was before MoP...

So to sum it up:
Mats are being spread out over multiple servers instead of 1, wich causes them to become rarer and with it economies get issues with demand vs supply. And thats caused by the amount of players per zones due to CRZ.

CRZ therefore causes issues where there was none, and does not improve anything. Anyone had a CRZ group for a quest lately? Ehm? no? or hardly any. This simply because there are only a handfull of group quests wich are mostly skipped due to sucky rewards and people outleveling zones so quickly they don't really need those quests anyway.
Edited by Maychi on 13/11/2012 19:31 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
13/11/2012 19:09Posted by Szark
And CRZ isn't even active on Ravenholdt :O The world is as empty as it was before.

Doesn't work on Sporeggar either. Hope it stays that way after patch 5.1 and the fishing competition resumes.

People on the higher population realms CANNOT, and SHOULD NOT, have the best of all worlds. That being: Guilds and pugs aplenty. Excellent economy in AH and also trade, and THEN the ability to herb/mine the nodes of lower pop realms and an increased opportunity to kill the rares on those lower realms too.

Whilst the ONLY thing lower/dead realms can offer at all, is the chance to wander around in relative peace.

CRZ will NOT magically give players on the lower realms the opportunity to join guilds from higher population realms, therefore CRZ should NOT be implemented.

Little more than a "face saver" for Blizz so that they don't have the negative press of "merging realms" that seems to be (primarily) designed for totally new players who will be able to see other people as they level up a little.

(unless ofc I've missed something in my absence)
Reply Quote
66 Night Elf Warrior
So instead of creating a buggy feature nobody asked for, why didn't they just reduce the already-small amount of Nodes instead?

It's also rather rediculous that first the Devs leave Low Pop Realms to rot, turn the game into one stupid rush to End of Game with their redunckulous 'End Game Is King' doctrine mortgaging the rest of the game, turn Instances from actual Dungeons and moster lairs into Lootshops people zerg through, create LFD etc. tools to zip people in the Instances in a shroud of anonimity, faster and faster Mounts etc. - and now are all of a sudden concerned with 'people going too fast, slow down' blah-di-blah.

Instead of pointing at players all the time, how about the Devs finally taking some responsibility for all the falacious social engineering they've done?
This. A thousand times over. It explains all the major problems WoW has. Worst part is that everybody accepts that low-level pvp and pve is broken because "it's only low-levels" and that the game doesn't start until lv 90.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

So, 2hours in hellfire and 3 mining nodes was your intention....Thats nice to know......I smell blueposter BS again.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
CRZ definitely isn't working as intended. And I mean it doesn't influence me badly - it doesn't influence me at all. I've been trying to level multiple characters recently and every time, I've been just as alone in the zones as before - three-four people tops, usually two of them being high level people farming nodes or doing archeology or pet battles. All CRZ did was indeed take away resources from low-pop realms.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
13/11/2012 17:26Posted by Takralus

It's very frustrating as a player to see this line posted over and over (and I'm going to keep stalking every post where it does o.o).

Just because something is intended, it does not make it enjoyable or quality game design. There's a reason resource nodes have gotten progressively more numerous expansion by expansion, the devs clearly understand this. Flying around for hours on end just to catch up with your profession isn't compelling gameplay. Maybe if the gathering system worked differently it'd be a good thing to have more competition in zones, but it's a straight up grind a lot of the time at lower levels. It's very old game design at this point, and winding back the clock to "the way things were before" only highlights the archaic design of some of these elements.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
13/11/2012 20:16Posted by Lirena
Just because something is intended, it does not make it enjoyable or quality game design.

This. Diablo III was intended to have endgame consisting of just "farming for gear or shelling out cash for gear" and it still flopped hard because it was a bad design. "Intended" doesn't solve anything, maybe specifying that you really meant to make that bad decision.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
You want the truth behind this?

Truth is this, there are countless threads about shouting help my server is dying help get more people here. Blizz quick fix instead of looking into other possible methods is quite simple: Give you the illusion of your zone being full again.

Seriously this is what its all about none of this rubbish about working as intended from day 1 its about appeasing the people complaining of low pop servers. What they failed to understand is that this does not help people trying to get raids together on their own server or as stated here countless time the server cash flow. Instead it nerfs the AH more and makes things even worse.

Should we really have to put up with people coming into our servers so they can act like morons and disrepect everyone cause you aint gonna see them agan maybe because if they CZ then they have zero comeback.

We the people that pay your wages and buy your games want our own servers back please, we want them to be balanced in a much more user friendly way also please. It may be even though most of us are happy with Panda we will get fed up with CZ and vote with our wallet. I think there have been more than enough people asking for this to be addressed for the issue to be looked at as a priority.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

This statement is somewhat weird if you consider the close release of CRZ and MoP and the node respawn rate in Pandaria. On one hand you restore a difficulty that was always meant to be, and on the other hand you do exactly the opposite.
Add to this the fact that you expect people to not pay much attention to old content, but hurry through to endgame. Many players probably 'accidentally' end up in level ranges where their gathering profession can't catch up anymore.

How about making the leveling experience in those zones as it was supposed to be?
Edited by Chromeson on 14/11/2012 00:44 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Bliz stole the idea from guild wars 2 not that i care, But in guild wars 2 their no compition on veins or herbs because mining herbing them does't mean it vanish for others they still get pick the same herb you just picked.

Thats probably the reason they made like that to avoid complaints about lack off herbs or veins etc.
Reply Quote
60 Human Hunter
13/11/2012 17:26Posted by Takralus
Cross realm zones bring the number of players per zone up to the intended number, the number we had in mind when designing the zone.

So is that a confirmation, that choosing a low/medium/high server when creating a character ..................... is now pointless ?

Because it sure seems that way to me. And if that IS the case, when will Blizzard be introducing single realm play for the entirity of Europe ?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
In other words, we will not admit that some parts of CRZ was a bad idea. So you could not bother with leveling gathering profs. on an alt or just spend extreme amounts of time on the boring part of the game.

Thanks for clarification. My mining stays on 379 then.

Just a specific point to your mining, consider going to the netherwing ledge (where you grind the dailies for the mount) and mining nethercite. I seem to remember getting mining up to 400 very quickly there once. But that comes with the warning that it was a long time ago and I may be mistaken...

On the topic, the whole issue of CRZ borking the economies of small servers in particular seems to be ignored by the blue posters, I guess because it is a real problem they have no solution for. I'm just glad I have all my skills levelled up before this idea got implemented.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
What's really kinda outrageous is that not only does Blizzard not solve the excruciating low pop realm issue, but they even state in the tooltip on the realm list screen that a low population realm will give you the best playing experience!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
14/11/2012 03:39Posted by Chromeson
What's really kinda outrageous is that not only does Blizzard not solve the excruciating low pop realm issue, but they even state in the tooltip on the realm list screen that a low population realm will give you the best playing experience!

Learn sarcasm they say best but they mean worse.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
So...that's intended yet in Pandaria zones the nodes are respawning so fast and there are so MANY nodes that you can stand in one spot and still both level up and gather a huge stock in no time at all?

GG, that's not at all contradicting...

You haven't done a good job with the logical department when it comes to crz. Rare spawns, nodes...it's SO much fun having people from another server joining yours via a friend just to camp a rare, then go back to their own to camp when it has spawned on yours, or seeing someone come to your server and take the resources, but bringing them back to their own...

It's the same as with the performance issues that came with 5.0.4, you just deny the problems and leave people with VERY high performance computers feel as if they're running on library computers...

Find a way to make gathering and rare spawns (ALL of them, not just high level...) show only to the players belonging to the server that they spawned on.
Edited by Rorcanna on 14/11/2012 04:00 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]