CRZ and ramifications of leveling gathering profs.

90 Human Warrior
Also, if they say mining was never meant to be that easy ... well, then they did a bad dev job, right?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Cross realm zones bring the number of players per zone up to the intended number, the number we had in mind when designing the zone. The competition over mining nodes you're experiencing now should be on a par with those who are on realms with a high population. Your profession levelling speed should be roughly the same speed as everyone else.

While I can understand that you enjoyed being able to level up gathering professions quickly before, it wasn't ever meant to be that easy.

Ok, mister Blue ... you ever thought how it affects dead realms AH though ? Which is already dead as the original population of realm ?

Oh and CRZ is badly implemented and it only adds high population realm problems to low population realms ... + the f-ed up economy. I used to be happy over CRZ now I want it removed from all and any realms I play :(
Edited by Azriyel on 14/11/2012 04:35 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Cross realm zones bring the number of players per zone up to the intended number, the number we had in mind when designing the zone. The competition over mining nodes you're experiencing now should be on a par with those who are on realms with a high population. Your profession levelling speed should be roughly the same speed as everyone else.

While I can understand that you enjoyed being able to level up gathering professions quickly before, it wasn't ever meant to be that easy.

Oh come off it, we both know that is not true.

When the game launched, the vast majority of players, had at best, 60% mount speed. Very few could afford the 800g it cost for a 100% mount.

Now people are competing with others who have 310% flight speed, Druids and Monks who can nick herbs without "dismounting".

Yet you claim this is intended.

At least try to be credible?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
13/11/2012 19:15Posted by Zauru
Its a MMO ( MASS MULTIPLAYER ONLINE )

Oh! My bad.

I thought it was an MMO before May this year when CRZ was implemented.

Clearly I am wrong.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I concur with the blue

You all had it too easy in WorLK and Cata - I remember years ago having to fly for hours and hours over weeks and week to get enough Fel iron and Adamantite to level up mining and blacksmithing - back then we just did it rather than moan about it :-)

Coming from someone who capped mining in vanilla and farmed daily for rich thorium veins, please shut the hell up.

No.

My point is valid and correct from my and many of my colleagues experiences. I capped ALL professions during vanilla and I know how hard they were compared to now.

Edit* Not hard - just time consuming.
Edited by Dragonbáne on 14/11/2012 08:03 GMT
Reply Quote
3 Gnome Rogue
no wonder you can't farm cobalt over there... because good cobalt hunting zone is howling fjord, not borean tundra.. it's been like that long before MoP or CRZ.

also if you did not already, you should get gathermate2 addon that shows the spawns, as without one you don't know where to look for nodes and if you don't fly directly over it you sometimes fly past the node too fast to highlight it on the minimap.

TL'DR: OP is the l2p issue.
Edited by Krillh on 14/11/2012 08:45 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Then try putting more thought into comprehending what is being said.

With CRZ you now have the same resources being split across many different servers. This creates large problems for the economy since it acts as a giant barrier to levelling professions.
Is it really so? Whats the difference:
1. nodes rotting at places because of no one farming them on low populated server
2. nodes, previously left to rotting, taken to different servers
No difference.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I'm curious, can anyone show me a reliable source to an explanation about how node-spawning works?
I always thought a new one spawned when one was gathered.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

While this is partly true, you apparently forget that there is already a compensation for the lack of competition on low population servers: an almost empty AH.

On low pop servers profession leveling speed depends a lot more solely on farming due to the lack of availability of farmed mats for gold.

IMO the logical step BEFORE (or at the latest at the same time of) introducing the cross realm zone feature would have to be cross-realm auction houses.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
All I can hear is that you want the entire MMO world to yourself.

Clearly you can't read.

Oh, why thank you. Yes it is a new jawbone, my old one fell off you see.

13/11/2012 21:54Posted by Volu
Blizz quick fix instead of looking into other possible methods is quite simple

CRZ actually strikes me as the opposite of a quick fix. It's a very complex, dynamic mechanism with a lot of work put into it, that will solve the same problem for the rest of WoW's lifetime. Server merges and free migrations are quick fixes, and that's why Blizz hasn't really rolled them out. Because they don't solve any problem for long, and create numerous problems of their own.
Edited by Kiqjaq on 14/11/2012 10:24 GMT
Reply Quote
Once again blizzard totally miss the point, it's been raised by a few others in this thread but I want to reiterate it again, in the hope that someone who actually studied economics works for blizzard.

We are competing with invaders who take our resources, they don't reappear as crafted items or as mats on our server they may as well have never spawned. The spawn and competition rates were designed with the idea that the mats and items stay in the same system to reappear potentially as mats or items, or to raise the skill of the player on that server who will be able to craft items for other players on that server.

I fully expect Blizzard to totally ignore this point as they refuse to acknowledge any issue beyond the ones they feel they have a valid answer for, any issue they know they can't resolve they turn a blind eye to.
Edited by Bodhidharma on 14/11/2012 10:31 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Crossrealm AH yesssssssssss pls
Reply Quote
6 Undead Rogue

CRZ is a half arsed fix for low population realms.

Can we join guilds with these people? No
Can we trade (properly) with these people? No
Is there any point interacting with these people? No
Do they help the economy of any of the servers? No
Is there more competition for resources? Yes
Is there more antisocial behaviour? Yes

Utter waste of time and extremely counter productive.

Rather than CRZ you should be offering people on dead servers the option to transfer for free to other servers, maybe pick the highest pop server in a battlegroup and offer a free transfer there!

Low level zones will always be less populated when the game is as old as it is.

The problem is not low level it is high level population problems that need addressing.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Wow... Just wow...

Two things come to my thoughts when reading this thread:

1) There are only few people that post on these forums with any decency and respect, most act like they personally own the world, the game, Blizzard or anything else.

2) No one has learned to read between the lines. The blue reply is short and simple and basically says "We know how it works, it is how we want it to work and if you do not like the way it works then you are just sh*t out of luck because for now, nothing will change. They do own the game, opposite to what some posters seem to think...

Anyway, I too have noticed it to be harder to farm/level with gathering professions. But for most materials there are several areas that provide. One better than the other, but all very doable. The only exception is outlands, that is a pain.... Maybe something will be changed, but maybe "we" should try askong politely instead of playing "King Customer"...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Wow... Just wow...

Two things come to my thoughts when reading this thread:

1) There are only few people that post on these forums with any decency and respect, most act like they personally own the world, the game, Blizzard or anything else.

2) No one has learned to read between the lines. The blue reply is short and simple and basically says "We know how it works, it is how we want it to work and if you do not like the way it works then you are just sh*t out of luck because for now, nothing will change. They do own the game, opposite to what some posters seem to think...

Anyway, I too have noticed it to be harder to farm/level with gathering professions. But for most materials there are several areas that provide. One better than the other, but all very doable. The only exception is outlands, that is a pain.... Maybe something will be changed, but maybe "we" should try askong politely instead of playing "King Customer"...

No your right they do own the game, but WE paid for it. the 3BUSD net profit last year that Activision/Blizz made show that WE paid a lot for it too!
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
13/11/2012 17:26Posted by Takralus
The competition over mining nodes you're experiencing now should be on a par with those who are on realms with a high population. Your profession levelling speed should be roughly the same speed as everyone else.

And what about crafting professions? In the past the high population servers had high competition on the nodes, but also a well stocked competition driven auction house that could serve as an alternative, the low population servers had little competition on the nodes and generally a poorly stocked auction house that usually provided the materials at considerably higher prices or would simply have little or no items available. The CRZ has increased the competition for nodes on these low population servers but they still can only fall back on the same poorly stocked auction house which can lead to players having to endure hours/days of grinding for the same mats that are available for a few hundred/thousand gold on the auction house for the high population realms.

Perhaps you should view resource gathering on a server per server base and not just consider how much resources can be gathered in any given time, but also how long it would take to farm the gold to buy those same resources from the auction house. Lets say it takes ~1 hour of dailies to buy 100 ore on a high population server then it should also be possible on a low population server to get that 100 ore in about an hour and not how it often turns out now giving them a choice between 2-4 hours griding or 1.5-2 hours of dailies.

As it stands now the CRZ feature has only benefitted those players that want world pvp, which usually comes in the form and ganking, and for anyone else it is merely a source of annoyance.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

That is such an arrogant reply! So we who are on low-pop realms now have the same leveling experience as the overcrowded high-pop but none of the benefits of a striving economy, empty AH, no significant raiding guilds and just a number of ghosts from other servers surrounding us. That is what was "intended"?

Once for all Blizz, stop sounding like politicians and start being real leaders. Answer this one simple question;

What about the AH and the lack of raiding guilds on low-pop realms?

Is this a semantically and grammatically clear enough question for our Devs here?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Then try putting more thought into comprehending what is being said.

With CRZ you now have the same resources being split across many different servers. This creates large problems for the economy since it acts as a giant barrier to levelling professions.
Is it really so? Whats the difference:
1. nodes rotting at places because of no one farming them on low populated server
2. nodes, previously left to rotting, taken to different servers
No difference.

So you've completely failed to understand then?

You clearly have no idea how CRZ works because those unused nodes on low populated servers are not taken to other realms, the low pop server gets CRZed onto a high pop server and those zones on the low pop server are shut down entirely.

So yes there is a difference even on low pop servers, and a brutal difference on high pop servers. Everyone everywhere loses to at least some extent.

If your limited mind cannot understand that even if it makes no difference on a completely 'dead' server, it does make a massive difference on any server with a previously healthy economy. If you are that short-sighted then refrain from commenting.
Reply Quote
22 Worgen Druid
13/11/2012 17:31Posted by Thestpaul
The competition over mining nodes you're experiencing now should be on a par with those who are on realms with a high population.

What exactly is the point of this?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight

What i don't understand is nobody seem to have caught on to the huge error in this statement. Sure the whole "herbs/ore is being pulled out of the economy, from the server it was gathered on" is true, but this is not even the worst part of it all.

Read carefully what is stated here people: "CRZ brings the number of players per zone up to the intended number"... But it is not just doing that. Because nobody goes to these low level zones anymore except for... here it comes... miners and gatherers!

So, let's say, Blizzards intended amount of players for each zone is 100 (obviously fictional number). These 100 players consisted, back in the days, of those leveling, pvping, wandering around, hunting for pets, fishing, and gathering ore / plants. If 5 out of 100 players would be dedicated to gathering, then this would be a lot, yet the world felt alive. basically how it is right now in Pandaria.

Right now those same old zones, thanks to CRZ, again have 100 players (yay!) so it feels alive... but wait! out of these 100 players, we have not 5, but 95 gatherers! because only gatherers go there! And are all merged in one empty gathering instance of the zone.

And yet, Blizzard does not see how absolutely horrible this has worked out (or they simply don't want to admit).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]