CRZ and ramifications of leveling gathering profs.

90 Blood Elf Priest
Cross realm zones bring the number of players per zone up to the intended number, the number we had in mind when designing the zone. The competition over mining nodes you're experiencing now should be on a par with those who are on realms with a high population. Your profession levelling speed should be roughly the same speed as everyone else.

While I can understand that you enjoyed being able to level up gathering professions quickly before, it wasn't ever meant to be that easy.

You do realize however that on low pop realms if you don't farm your own herbs, ore etc there's none to be found on the ah right? RIGHT?

On a high pop server competition on nodes is working as intended and AH price and availability is also working as intended. What you did essentially with CRZ is make the economies of high pop realms blossom further and kill off those of low pop realms. You can't fix only half the equation.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
well, i'm done.

Just cancelled my subscription ... reason given:

i dislike CRZ's. i will come back when/if they are removed. seeing as Blizzard have stated they are here to stay ... my return will be a long time coming.

Have fun guys & gals ..... and no, you can't haz my stuffs (you never know, CRZ's may be removed ...... if enough subs are cancelled)
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

On a high pop server competition on nodes is working as intended and AH price and availability is also working as intended. What you did essentially with CRZ is make the economies of high pop realms blossom further and kill off those of low pop realms. You can't fix only half the equation.

No, it screwed high pop servers as well due to splitting the resources across servers which was not what the game was designed for. The competition might be what was intended. The amount of resources going to a specific server is not.

Everyone loses out somewhere. Everyone
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
ok here goes. i have cancelled my subs. heres why.

having spoken to other members in my guild who are also cancelling their subs i felt it was time i did also.

i am fed up with guild members being kicked off my 2 person mount when taking them somewhere,

i am fed up with tanks and healers moaning at me cause my dps is no longer good enough as a mage.

i am fed up with far to many cross realm people coming to my realm and leaching the minerals when i try to collect materials.

i am fed up with having to waste mana on a fight only for it to be taken away from me and gain nothing then have to pay for repairs when i didn't gain anything from the kill.

basically since the new update and mop arriving things have gone from bad to worse. in three days my membership was due for renewal on the 3 monthly payment and this has now been cancelled and i shall spend my 26 quid else where until such times as things are put back to the way they were.

pantherá
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Not a very good answer from Blizzard on this one.

It would be nice if you could answer how you are going to take care of these issues instead of using the same answers, which seem more like you are trying to justify the implementation of CRZ, more to convince yourselves it wasn't a terrible idea, than us, who have arguments and proof that it's everything else than good.

Maybe you could at least try to answer the key questions raised by the unhappy players instead of twisting it and never giving a real answer to our conserns.

Right now, every answer regarding this subject looks like it's written by a bad politician.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
13/11/2012 17:26Posted by Takralus
While I can understand that you enjoyed being able to level up gathering professions quickly before, it wasn't ever meant to be that easy.

This makes me go all ??

Have you looked at the amount of ghost iron and herbs spawning in Pandaria lately?
If leveling (gathering) professions never was ment to be fast, then why do we find so much of these? Already long before I was done with the quests in Jade Forest, I was bored of picking Green Leaf Tea and Rain Poppy. Only reason I didn't ding 600 before 87 was that they go grey earlier!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
It's amazing how deaf the CM's and Devs can be.

I have levelled many alts, all but 2 at 85+, I liked... note the tense, the leveling experience of WoW, I thought the re-design of the vanilla continents was well done, the story line flowed nicely, with a natural progression through them to ultimately getting you questing where the dark portal was located.

Now, I started a monk, yes I know, just like everyone else, and well, it's been awful, lack of quest mobs, no resources to talk of, you simply cannot quest and level your gathering professions anymore. I had to go back to Azeroth to get my mining to 275 so I could mine in Outland.

Then once 70, had to fly around Outland for hours looking for mining nodes.

Now, I get the idea of CRZ's, in principle they are a good idea, in practice they aren't.

The fundamental flaw in the Devs logic is that no one groups anymore, it's a zerg fest, tag as many mobs as possible and aoe them down. So, make the spawn rates quicker, for mobs and mining, if you insist on throwing several servers together then make the resources adequate, both profession and mob resources. You are not sending people to the moon here, a little thought goes a long way.

I like the game, I liked the levelling experience, thank god i won't have to go through Outland again, just Northrend, which sounds like a blast right now...

I would realy like to know who was asking for CRZ's, I don't remember seeing many posts, so who wanted it... the players or the Devs??

I know games are not made by democracy, I know that a minority of people who play the game ever comment on these forums, but to believe that the only ones pointing out these obvious flaws are really in the minority is arrogant.

Democracy is driven by those that turn up to vote, not by those that don't, if you don't like something you are supposed to say so, stick up your hand and be counted, that's what the people on these forums are doing.

Stop telling us how we should enjoy the game, most of us are old enough to know what we find fun, staring at an area full of dead mobs that don't respawn for ages is not fun, in fact it's downright bad gameplay in this day and age.

Don't get me started on the "there's no need to do dailies" rubbish either, hiding best in slot enchants behind rep grinds is again a poor design decision.

All that said, it is very thereputic to vent once in a while.

I had a crap day levelling in Outland, my first crap day levelling in Outland, leaves a very bad taste in the mouth.

LB.
Reply Quote
4 Human Mage
Now you see it! Now you don't!

Today I was mining some nodes and I spotted a rare vein of ore. It was on the border of a different area and as I went to it it vanished before my eyes.
Edited by Anyme on 14/11/2012 17:14 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Have you looked at the amount of ghost iron and herbs spawning in Pandaria lately?
If leveling (gathering) professions never was ment to be fast, then why do we find so much of these? Already long before I was done with the quests in Jade Forest, I was bored of picking Green Leaf Tea and Rain Poppy. Only reason I didn't ding 600 before 87 was that they go grey earlier!

And you don't even have to mine rich nodes for the last few skill points. You can easily and super-quickly level all the way up to 600 with just regular ghost iron nodes, making the ability to mine trillium nodes (or getting the higher stamina increase from the profession) completely ordinary and boring, especially considering you now also got the +10 bonus on the mining pick.
Reply Quote

It's like the MoP node spawns are designed for CRZ levels of farming while the rest of the world isn't. Meaning you can't move 20 yards without having 10 ghost ore nodes spawn on your mini map.
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Death Knight
Cross realm zones bring the number of players per zone up to the intended number, the number we had in mind when designing the zone. The competition over mining nodes you're experiencing now should be on a par with those who are on realms with a high population. Your profession levelling speed should be roughly the same speed as everyone else.While I can understand that you enjoyed being able to level up gathering professions quickly before, it wasn't ever meant to be that easy.

so you are saying 6 realms shareing one node is working as intended ? thats utter rot tbh if you merged all 6 realms i can bet you ,you could make atleast 2 full realms at the very min.My server DH back in vanilla and TBC when full to the brim even with wait times to get on you could still lvl mining/herbing within a couple days .not like now where you can fly/ride for hours without seeing either how on earth is that working as intended .bring me cold hard facts/numbers to back that up.
Reply Quote
67 Dwarf Hunter
Strange how im having no problem at all levelling up proffessions. Currently working on JC, mining and alchemy and all going swimmingly.

14/11/2012 17:06Posted by Barbaric
I know games are not made by democracy, I know that a minority of people who play the game ever comment on these forums, but to believe that the only ones pointing out these obvious flaws are really in the minority is arrogant.

This make no sense.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Strange how im having no problem at all levelling up proffessions. Currently working on JC, mining and alchemy and all going swimmingly.

This make no sense.

We all know that you just love CRZ, or claim to anyway. But you are a minority. And you don't seem to lv up any, you have been the same lv all this time while praising CRZ and how easy it is to lv toons and gather professions.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
13/11/2012 17:26Posted by Takralus
Cross realm zones bring the number of players per zone up to the intended number, the number we had in mind when designing the zone. The competition over mining nodes you're experiencing now should be on a par with those who are on realms with a high population

You forgot an important factor in that quote.

You forgot that if CRZ are suppose to support 50 people a zone (made up number for high population realms ) you might have 45 leveling and 5 farming in that zone. With CRZ Now you have 45 farming and 5 leveling.

If you in doubt just go and try to gather 200 Fel Iron ores and ask if it's acceptable.

Thats all I ask - Go try and gather 200 ores and then come back and say it's fine.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Personally speaking, I've never really found competing for resources to be fun. I'd much rather see resources nodes be phased for everyone but have a longer respawn time to compensate. I do appreciate that there's alternative ways to gather resources these days, however. I do hope the mote of harmony trend continues in the future. I honestly haven't seen a single golden lotus in days whilst out harvesting, yet I managed to grab a handful by trading in some motes.
Edited by Calthric on 15/11/2012 03:00 GMT
Reply Quote
67 Dwarf Hunter
15/11/2012 01:28Posted by Ravinne
But you are a minority

Proof of this please.

15/11/2012 01:28Posted by Ravinne
you have been the same lv all this time while praising CRZ and how easy it is to lv toons and gather professions.

And?

15/11/2012 01:46Posted by Tarris
If you in doubt just go and try to gather 200 Fel Iron ores and ask if it's acceptable.

Fel Iron has always been a pain to get, even before CRZ.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
14/11/2012 18:44Posted by Bodhidharma
It's like the MoP node spawns are designed for CRZ levels of farming while the rest of the world isn't. Meaning you can't move 20 yards without having 10 ghost ore nodes spawn on your mini map.

I had to file a restraining order against ghost iron nodes. They are harassing me, following me wherever I go and twinkling at me.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
So, Blizzard. You're continuing down this route? Just giving an answer that makes no sense, avoiding the (what should be) important issues pointed out by people in this thread.

Considering you're turning your back to us, I'll just have to guess that you're very well aware of how awful the implementation of CRZ really was. You can't justify it and stick to your non-valid arguments, which people shatter in a matter of seconds. Then you have nothing new to come with and you just leave the thread to die, without giving it any more attention.

I guess we'll get no real answer from Blizzard in this thread but I really hope I'm wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
15/11/2012 03:31Posted by Keg
Proof of this please.

You are one of 5 people defending CRZ.

15/11/2012 03:31Posted by Keg
And?

And what you think is irrelevant, since you are staying the same lv at all time. You are obviously not leveling and experience this wonder we call CRZ. It's really easy to argue for a bad feature that doesn't effect you in any way.

In other threads you have been preaching how incredible easy it's been for you to level and gather ores/herbs. And how you just love all the friendly interaction you find all over the place (all the new friends you meet through CRZ). You are painting up this picture filled with rainbows and unicorns, while truth is you haven't even been in a CRZ zone. Most likely you are one of those trade chat trolls that never leaves town.
Edited by Ravinne on 15/11/2012 23:49 GMT
Reply Quote
It's a bit sad to see how these issues get put away with a not even fitting comment that the zones were ment to be busy and stuff shouldn't be so easy.

Yes i agree to the empty zones part but when i was levelling a profession during vanilla wow it hasn't been as hard as it is now. It's not only the fact it sometimes takes hours to get your nodes or flowers but on low population realms its also the only option to get your materials now. When i levelled blacksmithing back in vanilla I used to farm mats but also buy them from the ah. If some skill points took to long due to not enough nodes in the area it was always an option to buy some. Now that option is gone since the ores are even more rare then they used to be. And how can levelling a profession be fun if you need to spend several days in some zones to even get some skills up?

It would be nice if there would come a way to get out of the crz or give the option to change between instanced zones. I played a game where they had that can't remember wich one but that way it will atleast get a bit easier and more enjoyable to skill up professions.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]