Heroic Zor'lok Hotfix - Updated 9/11

Community
We are planning to fix a few issues currently affecting the Heroic Zor'lok encounter.

While we are not happy doing changes to encounters in the midst of progression, we feel the need to make some targeted balance changes that should not invalidate the efforts that guilds have put into learning the encounter.

Later today a hotfix will make the following adjustments:
  • Zor'lok's Echoes will pause briefly before beginning to cast Song of the Empress.
  • Zor'lok's berserk timer has been increased slightly.
  • Zor'lok will no longer summon Echoes of Force and Verve during the final phase of the encounter.

Update:
There will be a few additional hotfixing to this encounter later today on top of the hotfixes that were applied yesterday:
  • Zor'lok will now only summon one Echo for the entirety of the final phase of the fight on Heroic.
  • When Zor'lok uses a major ability in the final phase on Heroic, the Echo will now pause longer before using its major ability, and vice-versa.
  • Converted players will no longer take damage from Attenuation or Force & Verve while mind controlled.
Edited by Vaneras on 09/11/2012 09:51 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
We are planning to fix a few issues currently affecting the Heroic Zor'lok encounter.

While we are not happy doing changes to encounters in the midst of progression, we feel the need to make some targeted balance changes that should not invalidate the efforts that guilds have put into learning the encounter.

Later today a hotfix will make the following adjustments:
  • Zor'lok's Echoes will pause briefly before beginning to cast Song of the Empress.
  • Zor'lok's berserk timer has been increased slightly.
  • Zor'lok will no longer summon Echoes of Force and Verve during the final phase of the encounter.

Yeah fix the Heroic mode since the normal one is already BUG free and not tight at all for casuals ./ironic
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Yeah fix the Heroic mode since the normal one is already BUG free and not tight at all for casuals ./ironic

Normal mode is fine and challenging enough. We've wiped for a whole night on it last week before killing it, and it took us several pulls this week to get the boss down.
And we are fairly casual guild.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

Normal mode is fine and challenging enough. We've wiped for a whole night on it last week before killing it, and it took us several pulls this week to get the boss down.
And we are fairly casual guild.

/clap....
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I think it's funny how those who whine about normalmodes/lfr/similar stuff rarely have the guts to post on the character they are trying to do this stuff with... people could actually TELL THEM WHAT TO IMPROVE if they did post with their main.
But maybe ppl would see that they have ungemmed unenchanted gear and have not even cleared mogushan vaults, but are crying about heart of fear, just to have something to cry about?
Edited by Charity on 08/11/2012 10:58 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I think it's funny how those who whine about normalmodes/lfr/similar stuff rarely have the guts to post on the character they are trying to do this stuff with... people could actually TELL THEM WHAT TO IMPROVE if they did post with their main.
But maybe ppl would see that they have ungemmed unenchanted gear and have not even cleared mogushan vaults, but are crying about heart of fear, just to have something to cry about?

Sorry SIR... Did not mean too. Will not happen other time.. This is my main. As you may clearly see i am vastly unenchanted, ungemed, no reforges, undergeared and have not cleared MV yet :)
Edited by Christinaki on 08/11/2012 11:01 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Nerf already patched?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
OMG already a huge nerf, that's a fail.
Lets ppl keep trying and stop whining.
Reply Quote
7 Tauren Druid
Says mr. LFR who didnt even touch normals.

Let me tell you, this isn't a nerf, this is a fix to mechanics that made that boss almost impossible to kill without insane RNG.

Any ETA on when will the hotfix be actually applied?
Edited by Venturo on 08/11/2012 11:42 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
How can you even let rubbish like this get through is beyond me.

Did your QA fellas just rubberstamp this?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
08/11/2012 10:59Posted by Christinaki
Sorry SIR... Did not mean too. Will not happen other time.. This is my main. As you may clearly see i am vastly unenchanted, ungemed, no reforges, undergeared and have not cleared MV yet :)

I bet you haven't even tried HoF for now...so please keep trollin' in another thread ;)

and yes, you are undergeared at this point, MoP is long enough out to get more gear, so yeah
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
08/11/2012 10:59Posted by Christinaki

You have cleared MV once in 4(?) or is it 5 weeks that it's out. I don't think, if you are considering yourself casual, you need to kill Zor'lok in the first or 2nd week.
It will be a long time before anything new (except terrace) is released. You have lots of time to clear the content. Why would you be unhappy about a boss that actually keeps you busy for a week?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
OMG already a huge nerf, that's a fail.
Lets ppl keep trying and stop whining.

I can tell you haven't been in phase 2 yet.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
08/11/2012 13:31Posted by Charity

You have cleared MV once in 4(?) or is it 5 weeks that it's out. I don't think, if you are considering yourself casual, you need to kill Zor'lok in the first or 2nd week.
It will be a long time before anything new (except terrace) is released. You have lots of time to clear the content. Why would you be unhappy about a boss that actually keeps you busy for a week?

In my country they say that people that use excuse over excuse for something that they should excuse are people not worth arguing...
Well dude i cleared it once since i had some Real life problems. That is casual... Real life comes first... Sorry about that too. I will try ti post only when i have cleared it enough time for you ok?
You are a common troll :). Go out and breath some fresh air. Will do good :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Psst - nobody cares.

Also, according to US blue, hotfix is live since yesterday and there are still no kills. Like usual, people crying about nerfs didn't even see the boss.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Guys.. I don't really know if the Nerf is really needed as you can !@#$ up your raid comp so hard that you might manage to kill him. But don't cry about it.

People crying about Normal HoF please go away stop crying they will nerf it in a few months. Its not hard at all just L2P

and to Ailawiu People are still figuring out the best thing to do to kill this. They are not just pushing ¨4 all the time and practise on how to die :p
Reply Quote
Could it be bossible to make zor'lok start always from force and verve platform, because the encounter is basicly impossible to kill if he starts at attenuation platform.

And it feels pretty stupid to wipe the whole raid 5 times in a row just to get him to right platform :r.

But if you ignore wipeing the whole raid multiple times before getting him to right platform, the fight seems pretty damn good :)))
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/11/2012 02:51Posted by Buréc
And it feels pretty stupid to wipe the whole raid 5 times in a row just to get him to right platform :r.

Blizzard love RNG, sorry. :(
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I wonder if they'll lock the topic if we start a petition to make zor'lok and Spirit kings spawn in a set order. It's obvious they want us to be able to do it other ways, but it just simply isn't going to happen. Even if it is possible, when one is so much easier than the other, there's no choise.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Blizzard + RNG = L.F.E

When new ideas do not come on the table. When developers are "high dude" then the obvious solutions that always come up in blizzard raids per expansion...

1) ADDS = add more adds on the fight spawning from every rock in the instance
2) ENRAGE TIMERS = lower it more...... MOAAAAAAAR
3) LAST PHASE ALWAYS DPS RACE = DPS MOAAAAAR, MOAAAAAAAAAAR

Thats it and sometimes when they want to make it harder they put all three together.

Like on Zorlok...

OH we have no idea they said. Then the genius said amazing lets now make 3 platforms and make the ATRAMEDES platform, then the KAEL platfrom, and for the other one well lets put SO MUCH DAMAGE even in normal that they people will go mental... Then lets give some RNG and there you go... NEW AND FRESH BOSS
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]