Best way to get gear for off-spec after 90?

90 Worgen Warrior
Just hit 90 as a protection warrior with my first character, and thinking about making arms my off-spec.

Of course this means I'm going to have to get a bunch of new gear to itemise for hit/expertise etcetc, and of course a !@#$%ing 2 handed weapon.

Is there still quests to get at 90 that give gear, or is it only dailies from now on? Should I just run through dungeons and hope that no one needs the gear for their main spec?

Any help?

Thanks
Reply Quote
06/11/2012 13:46Posted by Jobdone
Is there still quests to get at 90 that give gear, or is it only dailies from now on? Should I just run through dungeons and hope that no one needs the gear for their main spec?

First of all, there's a gear vendor at Townlong Steppes that may come in handy: Supplier Xin (at Longying outpost) sells green 408 items for gold, so if you have DPS gear that's still below that, you can go and pick upgrades there.

Following that, you can queue on scenarios. These can reward a 463 item usable by your class. And of course, if you meet the item level requirements, both heroic dungeons and LFR are great sources to get more gear for it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Run dungeons as prot for quick queues -> Press need on stuff -> ?? -> profit.
Reply Quote
4 Human Warlock
If your prot warrior is geared you can just do heroic dungeons with your prot gear and queue as DPS and then you can need on items for that spec, or you could tank and hope no other plate user queues, but if you want a better chance for the gear I would queue as DPS. If you're not geared for heroics just queue normal dungeons as DPS to gear up for doing heroics. Also check out wowhead for quest rewards and JP/VP gear for upgrades.
Edited by Delories on 06/11/2012 14:10 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Cool, thanks guys.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
If you have a bad 2hand weapon, the Arena Scenario has a quest that rewards itemlevel 450 weapons.
You get the quest inside the scenario and you get for example Satay's Stabbing Sword as a reward
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Just queue and need on everything, when someone says anything, drop group requeue.

Easy enough

Or get a BS to craft you the 450 pvp set
Edited by Jingau on 06/11/2012 14:43 GMT
Reply Quote
If you're a prot warrior then tank dungeons, you will get instant queues.
Advertise in trade, "Warrior tank LFG for dungeons, no plate wearers." You can happily tank knowing that you will be able to need any DPS plate, strength weapons/rings. The only issue will be trinkets and ninjas.

And do what Xezz says (everyone should do it as soon as you hit 90).
Reply Quote
Make sure your main spec is tank. Grab everything from LFR/dungeons/valor in tank spec.

Do PvP to get all your dps items. Resilence and PvP power do not cost item points anymore. Thus they are ontop of every other stat. Check the PvP vendor on the great wall.

That tripples your effort:

You get tank items by default.
You get dps and pvp items all in once through a different source at the same time.

As a freshman and to start from get the full ilvl 450 tank set + ilvl 450 pvp set from your local blacksmith.

That is a nice starting point.
Edited by Rothar on 07/11/2012 14:20 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Do dailies.

(LOL).
Reply Quote
24 Blood Elf Priest
06/11/2012 13:53Posted by Draztal
both heroic dungeons and LFR are great sources to get more gear for it.

LFR to gear up offspec? So if the only good gear you have as say, a paladin is your heal set, then how are you gonna get those offspec pieces from lfr? another blueposter allready said that the lfr system doesn't support offspec, so he'd have to go as either tank or dps (w/e his offspec is) and either go splash-dead (if he went tank) or be below certain healers on dps (disc priests) and then get a kick after the first boss.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]