Pet is too high level to uncage

90 Human Paladin
Greetings!

I recently picked up a level 19 rare darkmoon tonk pet for 5.5k. I as gonna sell it on for a profit but I thought for 5.5k that was cheap for a high level pet. However there is a problem.

When I go to uncage the pet it says that it is a too high level for you to uncage. Is it to do with my pet battle team. A level 10, 8 and 6 or what?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
I think you have to have another pet at the same level to be able to uncage it.
Something like that anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I guess you have to level up your pets first - so you won't get so boosted by having a higher level one.
Reply Quote
Exactly as the others said, you can't learn a pet with a higher level then you already own. Quite logical, or everyone would just buy 3 level 25 pets and rock on. So, level your pets and when one reaches 19, you can learn your new pet.
Reply Quote
Quite logical, or everyone would just buy 3 level 25 pets and rock on.

And where exactly would 'everybody' need to buy those Pets if 'everybody' 'just' buys them?

Correct, 'everybody' would 'need' to buy them from other players, like players who actually enjoy levelling Pets.

All Blizzard did with this restriction is provide yet another hurdle to desperately needed emergent gameplay.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Correct, I asked a GM once about this and the answer was that it was an issue that will get solved someday, but you need same level or higher pet to uncage it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]