Tmorph illegal?

(Locked)

64 Undead Warrior
I wouldn't ask this question if it wasn't for the amount of well known streamers that consistently use this.

People who goes miles to avoid getting DDos'd etc does something so obvious as Tmorphing and also admitting it when asked on the stream.

I am confused, how illegal is this?
Edited by Líonel on 06/11/2012 17:47 GMT
90 Human Death Knight
I'd also like to know :) A friend uses it and I'd also like to just for fun, but I'm not taking the risk at the moment.
90 Worgen Rogue
posted by Vrakthris (blue post) on US forums.

Though I cannot speak for any particular program, (player name removed by me) is correct in that model editing is not permitted. Though any change to a file you may want to make may be benign it is not something that we can make individual determinations on. Our systems would only look to see if a file was changed.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It is illegal, but the chance that they will find out is low. But there still is a chance and if you get banned, it wont be worth it.
90 Gnome Rogue
The license granted to you in Section 1 is subject to the limitations set forth in Sections 1 and 2 (collectively, the “License Limitations”). Any use of the Service or the Game Client in violation of the License Limitations will be regarded as an infringement of Blizzard’s copyrights in and to the Game. You agree that you will not, under any circumstances:

A. use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, mods or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the World of Warcraft experience;

Quote from the ToS.
90 Undead Rogue
The license granted to you in Section 1 is subject to the limitations set forth in Sections 1 and 2 (collectively, the “License Limitations”). Any use of the Service or the Game Client in violation of the License Limitations will be regarded as an infringement of Blizzard’s copyrights in and to the Game. You agree that you will not, under any circumstances:

A. use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, mods or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the World of Warcraft experience;

Quote from the ToS.

1.Basically addons are mods,which change your game experience,should they be bannable?
2.Blizz had a program called Warden,which was scanning your computer and wow files to find hacks and cheats.Warden was partly disabled because it had issues with the law of privacy,now it only scans your wow files...if you use a program that is running outside the game,it will not be detected.
90 Undead Rogue
I don't deff the program,I just say what I know
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]