Why is everyone always in such a hurry?

86 Night Elf Warrior
most as the title says:just why? im getting really tired of these people spamming hurry gogogogogo all the time (note: im keeping a pretty high speed of pulling) and i just wonder: Why do people join in dungedons just to rush it throught or have little time? its wery frustrating for those who play them for fun, not want to rush throught it in a few mins.

just me finding this is frustrating?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm lvling a warrior tank atm and every time I do a random dungeon (which is actually alot) I get DPS yelling to for pulling faster. I never wait at a spot or anything, I pull, kill and pull again, but apparently it never goes fast enough. So then the dps keep pulling, even after I warned them to stop pulling. So next time they pull, I just let them tank it.

Golden Rule in Random Dungeons: You pull, you tank.

(As a friend of me mentioned, this works even better if you got a healer on your side who doesn't heal them)

So, you're not alone in finding this disturbing frustrating!
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Warrior
nice to see people agreeing with me :)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Because not everyone plays 24 hours a day and it's not exactly fun doing the same dungeon for the 10000th time. Dungeons are boring so people want to get them done as soon as possible. That's why I always tank as fast as possible without dying.
Reply Quote
25 Undead Warlock
10/11/2012 20:24Posted by Roseweise
if you got a healer on your side who doesn't heal them

I'm sorry but that's just mostly wrong. I've had the displeasure of having to join several groups where the healer only healed the tank and left all other dpsers die due to mob AoE...

Sometimes accidental pulling happens, and I'm not in favor of dps pulling, sure if they pull they can tank, but that teaming up tank and healer together and barely healing others can lead up to be just as bad for everyone...

On a less 'negative' note, sometimes trying to start up some friendlier conversation to break up the silence of the normal pugs, may lead up to finding some friendly people, which in some times, helps in not having to stand all that frustrating 'Go! Go! Go!'.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/11/2012 21:29Posted by Sïnda
if you got a healer on your side who doesn't heal them

I'm sorry but that's just mostly wrong. I've had the displeasure of having to join several groups where the healer only healed the tank and left all other dpsers die due to mob AoE...

Thanks for pulling that completly out of context.
I was talking about DSP, who have been warned more then once, and keep pulling groups one after another.
I never said anything that a healer shouldn't heal the DPS at all, when there's AoE damage. L2read before you answer.

10/11/2012 21:29Posted by Sïnda
On a less 'negative' note, sometimes trying to start up some friendlier conversation to break up the silence of the normal pugs, may lead up to finding some friendly people, which in some times, helps in not having to stand all that frustrating 'Go! Go! Go!'.

I get your point, but sadly enough it happens like once in a hundred pugs, for the rest, it only causes more "Go!Go!Go!" by those DPS who don't want to waste the time you're trying to "start a friendlier conversation"

10/11/2012 21:25Posted by Ragecrisis
Because not everyone plays 24 hours a day and it's not exactly fun doing the same dungeon for the 10000th time. Dungeons are boring so people want to get them done as soon as possible. That's why I always tank as fast as possible without dying.

Neither do we, or claimed to do. Ofcourse it's not fun, that's why the OP and me clearly mentioned we're pulling at fairly high speed. So we're doing exaclty what you say you're doing. This still doesn't change the fact that there are still DPS who keep pulling more and more, even after you warned them.
These DPS should be struck down by Illidan or Kael'thas (just awesome bosses).

So, again: you pull, you tank. And if you happen to be the DPS and you don't listen, neither should you get heals.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Pulling mobs slowly is boring? While you may enjoy a slow relaxed pace, others enjoy a more thrilling & speedy experience. Each to their own, pulling any less than the max you can possibly pull is boring for me - especially if you're healing.
Edited by Halaberiel on 10/11/2012 23:17 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Pulling mobs slowly is boring? While you may enjoy a slow relaxed pace, others enjoy a more thrilling & speedy experience. Each to their own, pulling any less than the max you can possibly pull is boring for me - especially if you're healing.

*Sigh* Please read the thread before you post something:

10/11/2012 20:03Posted by Tiriana
(note: im keeping a pretty high speed of pulling)

I never wait at a spot or anything, I pull, kill and pull again, but apparently it never goes fast enough.

10/11/2012 23:09Posted by Roseweise
the OP and me clearly mentioned we're pulling at fairly high speed

For the people who cannot understand something after reading it only 3 times: we pull at a fairly high speed so that the DPS don't have to stand around 'til the next pull or that the pull is too small.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

*Sigh* Please read the thread before you post something:

10/11/2012 20:03Posted by Tiriana
(note: im keeping a pretty high speed of pulling)

I never wait at a spot or anything, I pull, kill and pull again, but apparently it never goes fast enough.

10/11/2012 23:09Posted by Roseweise
the OP and me clearly mentioned we're pulling at fairly high speed

For the people who cannot understand something after reading it only 3 times: we pull at a fairly high speed so that the DPS don't have to stand around 'til the next pull or that the pull is too small.

I read his post, but your definition of a "fairly high speed" is probably very different from mine.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ofcourse they vary, but as you don't know my speed of pulling, you can't know if our definitions of "fairly high speed" are different, thus you're just assuming things here.

To clear things up, let's say we're doing one of the HoT dungeons (the 3 cata dungeons that lead up to DS (I haven't tanked a lvl 90 heroic in a while so))
Take the Jaina encounter in End Time: You have to clear up some groups around her or you would most likely wipe during the boss fight. To clear those groups, I would pull a first group, kill the priest, kill the sorcerer and pull another group when the warriors and ranger are about at half hp. This results into a smood and non-stop pulling and DPS don't have to wait 'til I pull another group (healers won't be standing there for fun either).
You don't even need to clear all the groups (I believe only 3 or 4) but I have had enough groups where the DPS just go around pulling most of the groups or 3-4 groups at a time, than blame me, as tank, I can't hold aggro (as I died as the DPS didn't kill the light well, thus mobs healing themselves)

This is why threads like these are created, because DPS should learn that tanks pull. If they want to pull that badly, they should roll a tank.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Rogue
If you see dps pull it's normal. If you let vengeance drop between pulls you are too slow. If you see healer pull you are way too slow.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/11/2012 00:25Posted by Jarru
If you see dps pull it's normal

If they want to pull, they should roll tank

If you let vengeance drop between pulls you are too slow.

Never drop vengeance between pulls, hence the fairly fast pulling.

If you see healer pull you are way too slow.

Never said anything 'bout a healer pulling, even never said anything 'bout vengeance dropping either.
Please post something relevant next time, ty.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Warrior
10/11/2012 21:25Posted by Ragecrisis

i understand that but its not really fun when someone always shout hurry all the time to you when you are pulling at high speed.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Warrior
f you see dps pull it's normal. If you let vengeance drop between pulls you are too slow. If you see healer pull you are way too slow.

if its something which is annoying its when dps or healer pull and if they wanted to tank they should rerolled tank IMO, i try to pull at a decent speed so everyone can keep up (i dont want to die just beacuse i was too fast and the healer couldnt keep up)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Golden Rule in Random Dungeons: You pull, you tank.

Ahh, the battle shout of a tank who's been broken.

My golden rule for low level dungeons: if the dps have enough time to type out that I'm going too fast, I'm going too slow. Pretty much the only thing I'll stop for is healer mana.

If a dps is pulling, pull off of him as is your job. If a dps somehow pulls more than we can handle, repeatedly, then kick him for trolling.

Generally all that's needed is a swoop in, some aoe, and then a dot on everything, and you can move on. It's absolutely brilliant awareness training as well, since you'd do well to watch the frames to see if you lost aggro on a mob way back, and whether the mobs are worth picking back up if the dps can handle it, and just the entire situation since you're no longer directly commanding all of it.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Warrior
11/11/2012 10:13Posted by Kiqjaq
If a dps is pulling, pull off of him as is your job. If a dps somehow pulls more than we can handle, repeatedly, then kick him for trolling.

sure, its my job to keep aggro and to pulling, the dps jobs are just to kill not pulling before tank IMO.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
if i tank I do it in my pace cant bother to care what others think, they are always free to leave or kick me simple. if a dps pulls before me thats their problem I wont care unless healer gets aggro.

if i heal and tank cant bother to check if I have mana cause they go fast I sit and drink, if I have to, no my fault they die cause I am oom and cant heal, if a dps pulls I heal if I can unless tank has told them to stop pulling or I am low on mana then I cant care if the dps dies, tank is first prio then.

though atleast in low level instances as tank I kinda like when dps pulls cause it gives me the chance to learn to react to different situations, this is offcourse if the dps aint one of those gogo girls as I have found a lot, then I let them tank the mob, but if the dps is quite and still pulls and I can handle it, it is kinda intresting actualy, well up to cata dungeons atleast, then it gets annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Thank god your a hunter in these cases.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Pull faster that they don't even have the chance to type "hurry". Should fix it o/
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
11/11/2012 12:56Posted by Lastator
Pull faster that they don't even have the chance to type "hurry". Should fix it o/

the problem is that it aint fun to rush throught, especielly when you are a tank, if people cant wait, just leave then.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]