Warriors are fine, it's a L2P issue

90 Human Priest
Id love if blizzard could rework Taste for Blood entirely. It only creates problems for PvP.
What warriors need is more sustained and lover burst damage.

"Taste for Blood:

Your Heroic Strike will be guaranteed critical and 20% of the damage is applied as bleed to the target.

Stacks up to five times."

Problem solved.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Priest
Very rarely is not rare enough in PvP. Never is where it should be. It's essentially the same problem as we saw back in TBC with Mace Stun (to stay with the same class): Yes, it very rarely happened that Warriors landed chains on you - but when it did happen, you were pretty much dead. And neither of these two abilities requires "skill", no RNG procs do that. In Arenas, ensuring more or less constant uptime is to a large extent your healer's task. And while Dispel is on an eight second cooldown nowadays (another fantastic joke considering the amount of CC), dispelling your Warrior is not something that requires "skill".

Furthermore I find it absurd that you're implying we should be constantly babysitting the Warrior's buffs. As you yourself duely noted, this isn't always possible. In practice, it is also not possible to react accordingly to five stacks of TfB. Taking Hunters as an example, what do you expect him to do when he sees five stacks? Pop Deterrence immediately so it's over before the Warrior actually uses his cooldowns or try to anticipate it and fail because all of this happens in one global?

If you had actually acknowledged that TfB in its current incarnation is a problem in PvP I wouldn't have bothered to argue with you. But I find the lack of understanding that you're displaying here quite shocking but truthfully I shouldn't even be surprised anymore. I have seen you guys struggling to balance even the simplest things for 12 seasons straight, refusing to make slight adjustments when that was all that was needed. All because it's your company's opinion that making little changes will alienate players? Please. If anything alienates players, it's 9 months of static Rogue/RLS dominance followed by what I presume is going to be at least 3 months of idiotic burst.

I liked this =)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yea, thats why they're not fixing it...

So simple to cap stack at 3 or something. Add some cooldown conjunction restrictions...anything. But no :|

Well he's a CM, you can't expect him to just flick a switch and fix it :P

The solutions are there, and hey, I'm angry it's not being fixed, it's really frustrating and it's put my partners off even playing arena at all, so I have nobody decent to even play with.

But repeating exactly what he said and trying to make an argument about it isn't going to do anything but make people look stupid, it's better to discuss the topic in hand instead of doing this:

06/11/2012 17:21Posted by Nakatoir
I just said that the 230K crit you see here is a lot of damage and that we are not implying that this much damage from one skill is fine.

THIS KIND OF DAMAGE IS NOT FINE FROM ONE SKILL!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
And how about second wind, how about a nerf to that ability? Affliction warlock dots can't even get a warrior below 30% rofl
Edited by Vaju on 06/11/2012 18:43 GMT
Reply Quote
4 Human Warlock
06/11/2012 18:41Posted by Vaju
And how about second wind, how about a nerf to that ability? Affliction warlock dots can't even get a warrior below 30% rofl

I don't know but it might have something to do with your gear.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
if your reactions are good you can make him waste the TFB stacks. If they use up those TFB stacks on someone with their defensive cooldowns, the switch they make after is not all that scary.

so maybe we take dk as an example if he switches to blood presence and then popping IBF he would survive?

you are saying that a melee can never stay on a warrior, since he could just get 3 stacks and baam done in the blink of an exe....great good thing warriors dont have defense stance, great damage, more cc/survival than a rogue and a passive recuperate at tripple the original strenght.

nice joke

just btw look at the arena ladders and then try to find dks without the filter, .....that some nice entaining thing you can do while you can recap why you nerfed dks - even just a little - even more....try the AJ Threads...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
omfg all mage tears...

It's !@#$ing hilarious that every time mage solo'd in opener during cata there was instantly 10 jerks who claimed that it's their own fault, "you shouldn't let mage free cast like that", "you should have flat silence mage right away", "mage had casket trinket and was human".

Now when you see warriors destroying target with 5 stacks which is %^-*ing hard to get in 3v3 vs half brained team, that's suddenly different and needs to be nerfed right away. Use your snares jerks, gag order goes away in 5.1, you can faceroll every melee like you did again. Sorry for not being on top for one month.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
So blue when heroic leap crits 60-80k(no gcd), mortal strike 80k heroic strike 200(no gcd)+ how you anticipate getting heroic leaped and dying instantly? Could you share me your skills how to avoid that? Just few days ago got globaled from that combo.

Why warriors can have skills with no gcd that crits as much as my best attack? Why warrior stun has to do 60k+ crit with cooldowns up, no one stun in this game does damage. So, more answers here please.

Your saying that 5stacks is very rare, however just 3 stack heroic with mortal strike to leap is nearly 300k in global when popping cd macro and randomly leaping to target, that just needs one more global for instant kill on clothies and leathers.

Tbh, make skull banner 20% haste or mastery, its the main reason of all this retardness from being CRIT, have you seen geared mage bomb you with banner up? thats 180k bomb there.. Could you answer why banner has to give crit dmg when it just creates imbalanced burst.
Edited by Jystodontti on 06/11/2012 18:56 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
omfg all mage tears...

It's !@#$ing hilarious that every time mage solo'd in opener during cata there was instantly 10 jerks who claimed that it's their own fault, "you shouldn't let mage free cast like that", "you should have flat silence mage right away", "mage had casket trinket and was human".

Now when you see warriors destroying target with 5 stacks which is %^-*ing hard to get in 3v3 vs half brained team, that's suddenly different and needs to be nerfed right away. Use your snares jerks, gag order goes away in 5.1, you can faceroll every melee like you did again. Sorry for not being on top for one month.

No, it's not hard.... Stop talking nonsense...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
omfg all mage tears...

you're now just ignoring the fact that there are other melee classes who cant kite, other casters without all those roots and snares, you're ignoring the very excistance of 9 classes here...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
06/11/2012 18:46Posted by Delories
I don't know but it might have something to do with your gear.

lol, affliction dots do less damage then frost dk's dots, and second wind does 3% per second, 3% hp per second!! rofl
Edited by Vaju on 06/11/2012 18:58 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
To be fair Blizzard said they would monitor burst.
Mages, hunters, warriors.

So far they nerfed hunters some.
Started to look (too little) on warriors.

and..
and...
and....
and.....

Nerfed and withdraw all nerfs of Mages.

Thank god Blizzard is consistent. One can always be sure that mages never gets nerfed.
Bunch of retards in the mage dev team if you ask me.
Reply Quote
6 Dwarf Priest
So this video has been getting around a lot lately, showing up in many different threads so let us just make this the main one for its discussion :)

Its not this video, and its not the 5 stacks of TfB that worries most people imo.
You're correct: that rarely happens and is rng.
However: even with 2 or 3 stacks, people get hit for 180k or 160k heroic strikes and thats still way over the top.
When a warrior leaps to me and kills me in 2 hits its wrong, period. And no Ive never been hit by 300k myself, but 120 k and 180 k, followed by 80 k, can just as well instantly kill me.
That could happen in earlier expansions if you had no resilience gear at all. I remember critting people and killing them in 3 hits when they had no pvp gear at all.
Resilience should offer some kind of protection against insane crits and atm it doesnt.
I have 62% resilience now and yet warriors can kill me in 2 or 3 hits and that is WITHOUT 5 stacks of TfB.

Something is terribly wrong with warriors TfB atm , andf you dont fix that by nerfing other stuff.
So pls dont continue to suggest its all about 5 stacks and about crits which may rarely happen. Its about 2 or 3 stacks giving 180k crits, which still makes warriors like little gods in bgs atm.

It makes people turn away from bgs and arena disgusted.
Im the gm of a small guild, I had really hoped to be able to create a good rbg team this season.
Well..that dream is already over, its virtually impossible to get anyone to pvp anymore. People are utterly disgusted with the current state of pvp.
You have to see a game company should hotfix this unbalanced crap or you'll lose customers.
Reply Quote
1 Human Monk
omfg all mage tears...

Difference is that mages where a typical burst class. lots of spike damage, but they would drop fast when caught.
Warriors now have insane burst even without TFB stacks and are the hardest non healers to kill for most classes.

Mages respresentation above 2000 in S11: 9%
Warrior representation above 2000 now: 19%

^ Says enough to be honest.
Edited by Drcookie on 06/11/2012 19:11 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk

you're now just ignoring the fact that there are other melee classes who cant kite, other casters without all those roots and snares, you're ignoring the very excistance of 9 classes here...

that's why I was talking about crying mages, rest has some valid points
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
it's okey guys GC knows what's up.

https://twitter.com/Ninjaflipps/status/265832390180626432

(just realized it's ayano's tweet, lols)
Edited by Mírion on 06/11/2012 19:13 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk

Mages respresentation above 2000 in S11: 9%
Warrior representation above 2000 now: 19%

^ Says enough to be honest.

ye, mage had ~15% during whole cata above 2k and warrior had 1%. Still much better than warriors had it past expansion. I'd love to see warriors drop mages to 1% ;). Would be funny to play few times without being snared/rooted most of the game.
Edited by Nikøla on 06/11/2012 19:13 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
So ... this is my L90 Mistweaver (healer) monk alt.

The past week I spent a good time leveling my mining and herbalism to max on this toon while also trying to get a full basic pvp set. Many times I came across other Warriors who also were leveling their mining or just doing it for gold I guess... but there was one constant. I had no chance in hell to win fights against them.

Even if they were in full pve gear (some perhaps seemingly even in green leveling gear) whenever I hit a certain point on their health, they started to regenerate health so fast that I couldn't outDPS anymore. So even in full PvP gear I'd get them down to 20% health (or whatever the precise number is) ... me still at 90% health and they started to regen health much faster than I could do damage as healer, which basically made them immune or immortal against me.

This, finally having made a character in full pvp gear, was a major disappointment and annoyance for me. I'm not quite sure why Warriors should be invincible against Mistweaver monks... (and I assume it's the same like that for other healers too).

This second wind thing is just too strong for a single character.
Reply Quote
1 Worgen Druid
06/11/2012 17:56Posted by Absô
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIw4MAUFCaM

To the blue's : do what you do best guys . Be very vage and stretch the truth a bit left and right .
Tell us how you "feel" about the obvious and how much work playing a game should be .
But dont try to defend this , makes you and the game look very bad .
Edited by Pukkie on 06/11/2012 19:31 GMT
Reply Quote
I think it's a shame so much time is spend on stating what is not implied instead of stating what is implied. Either you recognize the issue or you don't. If you recognize the issue but don't know what to do about it, then state it so the discussion can move on and contribute in this direction. If you don't recognize the issue, state it and move on from there.

Seemingly, the elaboration on TFB suggests the view on this level of burst is acceptable due to the prerequirements. A proper positive statement in this regard would be appreciated instead of these double negatives. My personal view is in line with that of other players in this thread: this level of burst should not be possible no matter the circumstances or prerequisites.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]