Crowd control is out of control.

90 Human Paladin

Playing against 2.4 MP3's .

Why are people calling this comp that suddenly? I could've sworn it was always just Shattreeplay, even though people have been calling it Godcomp since like, this season.

Mage Priest T(h)ree, it was the name I heard first at least so I've stuck to it.
Reply Quote
I prefer sitting a well-coordinated cc chain infinitely much over some baddo keyturning warrior 2 shotting me at 1800 rating -.-
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Why is it that the majority of the PvP community all agree that instant CC is becoming a joke and that the new dispel system isn't as good as the previous, but this blue thinks it's all fine? It's ridiculous. You make it sound so easy when you say 'just interrupt', which is almost as stupid as the warrior feedback 'Yeah, just keep an eye on stacks and you'll be okay :))))))) except all other melee will be !@#$ed in comparison because they always have to kite when a warrior has TFB stacks :))))))))'.

Why don't you watch some high rated teams play and you'll see how ridiculous the CC chains teams can pull with very little effort either for or against them? Surely it isn't a l2p issue for multiple Gladiators. This is the second time I've been given the impression you're not listening to your player base.
Edited by Laar on 09/11/2012 19:10 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Resto druid with warrior symbiosis vs feral druid:

Hibernate, cyclone, fear, roots, mighty bash

he can solo CC that feral :D

And what will the feral do?
Shift out of Cat/Whatever form he is in to avoid Hibernate.
Instant heals -> Huge DMG.
Stuns, Maim, Mighty Bash (If choosed talent)
Roots -> Shift out and in.

And when he gonna do some dmg while shifting out and in whole fight? And also when u are running on fear how can u shift out?^^ And warrior hitting his priest healer for !@#$ loads in that time. Druids cds and healing with such a cc on feral will never get him killed.
Edited by Saviel on 09/11/2012 19:53 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

Why are people calling this comp that suddenly? I could've sworn it was always just Shattreeplay, even though people have been calling it Godcomp since like, this season.

Mage Priest T(h)ree, it was the name I heard first at least so I've stuck to it.

I know where it comes from, just don't see how anyone can use that name over Shattreeplay, which was what this comp was crowned during season 9.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Damn Nakatoir you're a master of trolling that's for sure. By the way you don't seem to understand what the OP is saying, NOW we need to have warriors, warlocks and mages to win anything because we need insane cc to interrupt/keep people down.

CC Is pretty much a bigger problem than burst is at the moment, you have simply given too much cc without taking any and that have created this ... unbalance.
Look at warriors who have two stuns and 1/2 blanket silences and an interrupt, and that is just warriors there are several classes that do not share DR and have just as much control, you gave a cooldown to dispell so now its pretty hard to remove roots aswell.

You can't seriously say that this is balanced gameplay and this is the players fault, this is not and never will be the players fault, even the pro's say that this is not how it is supposed to be. You can't expect people to adapt everytime.
Reply Quote
7 Goblin Shaman
Completely separate ruleset for all arenas. Make it so.

Different DR rules.
Shorter durations for all CC.
Less / more healing.
Dmg reduction or increase.
Sky is the limit here.

Few examples there. Would be great since it wouldnt affect PvE or rated battleground stuff at all.
Reply Quote
78 Troll Mage
easiest solution is to make dispel have no CD again
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
09/11/2012 20:38Posted by Jme
easiest solution is to make dispel have no CD again

Would not help the dispeller.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
DR should overlap between different kinds of CC. I.e. Stunning someone and fearing them off of that should incur DR on the fear, but not as much as if it were a second stun.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I was perm frozen by a Frost Mage... Can somebody help me get over this traumatic experience

There i was afking in shrine when suddenly a Frost Mage dueled me i said sure why not and i utterly regret doing that because right when the fight began i was destroyed, I had pvp gear on (Dreadfull) and he had Malevolent I didnt expect it to make that much of a difference but boy was i wrong he kept me under constant frost nova and damaged me with frostbomb alone about 100k per frostbomb when it crit me I was out of words and almost wanted to level my own mage this has peered me all day can I have some help?

Edit: I did ofc get close to him some of the time but not enough to burst him down afterall he had shield up everytime i did i used my trinket tiger lust diffuse magic and everything i had that could remove it and i still ended up in a frost nova, what i do expect from posting this will be a simple reply: 1V1 is not balanced or Its a l2play issue.
Edited by Jackichanda on 09/11/2012 23:36 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
08/11/2012 12:55Posted by Nakatoir
Right now however we are content with how crowd control abilities are working, especially when you consider the trade-offs that are involved in their use such as high costs, cooldowns, cast times as well as the focus and communication that is required to maintain a successful CC chain.

Except thats bull****, its not difficult to chain CC someone in any pvp situation, in fact, its pretty trivial. I dont get why Blizzard are always "content" with things that the community are very unhappy with, and quite frankly after reading a lot of the blue post, including Ghostcrawlers recent one about PvP, it strikes me that Blizzard have no idea what goes on in their game, nor how to balance it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
to bad that blizzard fails to see the problem. Depending on what combo you play you cant always use your own ccs or apply preasure to the other team to avoid their cc chaining, chaining cc on someone is not skill its just spamming cc when i play a match for 5 minutes and get to use my character for 20-30 seconds thats a huge problem, Diminishing returns needs to be looked over put all the ccs in game on same diminishing and bang Arena is awsome, The only way to play right now is to get the best combo possible wich sucks cause i enjoy playing with my friends and whatever they choose to play, my friends are good players but i cant do !@#$ in some matches this being said im a former season 3 and 4 gladiator I know my way around my shaman and i know they are good atm, why do you want me to leave my friends and find a top combo? stop the hate and fix diminishing please!
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
trinket used:

instant fear 7sec
poly 7sec
poly 4 sec
poly 2 sec
cyclone 7sec
cyclone 4sec
cyclone 2sec

12sec breath

repeat

untill trinket is back up

ye no i love it ( ps happened on me dk instead of shaman otherwise i could use tremor totem lol)

Youre in a team. If youre team allows CC chains on you for 30 secs staright without interupts, something is wrong with your team.

Also I want to know wtf he used trinket on since everything was full DR. btw, clone full DR is 6 not 7 and what "breath" is 12 seconds long?? Not dragon's breath - that's only 5.

People always make up numbers when it comes to cc and damage they took.
Reply Quote
Posted by Nakatoir
Right now however we are content with how crowd control abilities are working, especially when you consider the trade-offs that are involved in their use such as high costs, cooldowns, cast times as well as the focus and communication that is required to maintain a successful CC chain.

Except thats bull****, its not difficult to chain CC someone in any pvp situation, in fact, its pretty trivial. I dont get why Blizzard are always "content" with things that the community are very unhappy with, and quite frankly after reading a lot of the blue post, including Ghostcrawlers recent one about PvP, it strikes me that Blizzard have no idea what goes on in their game, nor how to balance it.

blizzard is "content" with things because its more then balanced atm (cc part atleast burst is a differnt story), the community is always unhappy since 90% of all people playing wow only now their own class 50% of all classes or just the basics, there are only few people that actually know all spells in this game,how they can be used, and how to abuse them and also how to counter them with their own spells.
i believe xmo said it before on one of his vids from wotlk/begin cata, ull gain soo much out of just creating a lvl 1 character opening their spell book and just read the things there and get a lil bit of imagine working on it to see how u might counter it or how it could be used, and alot of spells while reading might seem OP for example the one where mistweaver monks can just spam instant heals that should normally be casted while channeling mistweaving (aint 100% sure if thats the correct spellname) but in reality its more of a problem mostly trying to do this since ur really vulnerable to interupt if u just keep channeling it + ull loose alot of mana forcing ur gameplay to become differnt.

when people get troubled with something they dont understand ofc it's frustrating, who really enjoy's that big math problem on school which u need to learn to pass ur exam . its the same thing with solving problems in this game, u can only work with the info u got, but if people stop even trying to look further then their own nose (dutch expression) how far will u actually get then in this game.

i hear alot of people saying i want 2.2k i want glad i want r1, but when i ask them if they want to play serious for it, they say they aint "no-life" and that they don't want to spend more time playing this game, but honestly imo people spend more time playing this game when they try to get ratings which are really hard to get if u dont have all info needed to know how to outplay other people, then instead just spending some time learning the game to the max and then just simply outplay people with ur new gained knowledge.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
We had 2v2 againts warrior and ret and was whole 20s in cc (all instant) that my warlock was alive..
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
10/11/2012 04:33Posted by Moondustt
and what "breath" is 12 seconds long?? Not dragon's breath - that's only 5.

i guess by breath he means 12 seconds while you are not cc'ed
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
What if the DR stacked?
Say you get feared then 20 sec untill you can be feared for 8 sec again, and if på were feared within those 20sec then the fear last 4 sec and next 40 sec you will be feared for 2sec and if feared again within those 40 sec you get immune for 60sec.

Or if first fear i 8 sec and 20 sec dr is added so during the next 20 sec fear lasts 4sec then that adds another 20 sec were fear lasts 2 sec And then adds 20 sec of fear immunity?
So if ou get feared 3 Times in à row you get 20sec o fear immunity, then 20sec were fear lasts 2 sec and then 20 sec were it lasts 4 sec after that back to 8 sec fears.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I think blanket silences are à good thing BUT i you choose to make say pummel silence your target then it should remove the interrupt effect. So you simply convert an interrupt to à silence, this enables people to choose their own playstile, HOWEVER turning your interrupt into à silence should either make it only last for 2 sec OR increase its cooldown!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Just seen on mmo-champion:

Q: The change to Gag Order has received *many* positive responses in Europe. Do we plan to do away with more blanket silences that require no effort to land? This has been quite a large request of PvPers for a long time, as they do not like the “lack of skill” required to land these.
A: We disagree and feel that blanket silences have great strategic value to pre-emptively shut someone down from using instant-cast spells. As with all crowd-control abilities, there are diminishing returns and we try to maintain healthy cooldowns to mellow them out. If there are specific examples of skill-less silences, please share those with us.

Q: In the PvP blog you mention that you’re satisfied with the state of CC. However the amount of CC in the game at the moment is something the PvP community is highly frustrated with. Many players feel they are stuck in CC for half of their Arena matches (exaggerated). With large amounts of CC being instant cast (fears, Ring of Frost and stuns) they feel that landing a successful CC chain is no longer skillful, but a simple matter of spamming CC on a given target. What kinds of changes do you plan in this regard?
A: We’re happy with how crowd-control abilities are working, especially considering the trade-offs involved in using them (high cost, cooldown timers, etc.). There aren’t any plans to make changes at this time, though we do feel diminishing returns are not communicated and explained well enough.

Q: Burst damage and cooldown stacking is a large concern in PvP right now. Players feel that there are large windows of 3-5 minutes where nothing is happening and then cooldowns are back up and there is 15 seconds of burst. What are your plans to start preventing players from stacking cooldowns, causing these small windows of burst and large sections of downtime? Are you planning on increasing the sustained damage from players and lowering burst?
A: Are there any specific examples that you can share?

Our focus has been to keep burst abilities manageable and consider it good strategy to juggle the options. If a player chooses to pop all their cooldowns in order to gain a greater level of burst, they risk being crowd controlled and then have to wait to use the abilities again. That said, we’re still closely monitoring the relationship between healing and burst damage.

… like a chimp trying to explain String-Theory.

If you keep failing like this … Please, just stop trying or start listening to the community.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]