Crowd control is out of control.

90 Human Death Knight
Just as a little note to finish of this post; please stop with the rating bashing, name calling and flame-baiting. Let's try and keep this thread as constructive as possible.
Many thanks for this! I can't enumerate all the times I've been persecuted for a best rating of 1800 in rbgs and 1550 for 2v2 and 3v3. I'm a decent player and just because I struggle to get to higher rated doesn't mean I'm not.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
IM sure that placing an instant ROF with PM really needs alot of communication....
And they plan to fix that by increasing ROF cd(a mass cc spell) by 15 seconds when mages have alter time wich resets their cooldowns and cold snap....
Thas' really smart.... like they need more than 4 Rof's in an arena match
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
its generally combined with PoM though

not that it matters, its still a ridiculous ability
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
[quote="58470208706"]Well TBH things like shockwave, gag order, rdruid bash, psyfiend, and blood fear are too strong. Fixing those will go a long way. But in the current metagame with high burst damage and high healing, I feel going beyond that is too much. We need instant CC for peels.
[quote]

So how do you expect us to peel against you when Gag Order is gone when Mages rarely cast? And Shockwave? Oh so we arnt meant to be able to peel casters? I see... Good logic
Edited by Khórne on 14/11/2012 20:42 GMT
Reply Quote
81 Orc Hunter
Revert the dispel cooldown.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I agree with all of you. gone are the days where there was a fair fight. A mage can now keep you controlled forever when using the correct rotation...leaving the warr/dk to demolish my partner. Trinket is kinda useless on its CD now with all the CC around.

Warrs & DK's can officially heal more than healers & Warrs can stun lock someone for atleast 5-10 seconds, break shields...jump into random areas.

My suggestion to you all. Reroll a OP class - there are always 1 or 2 in each expansion / patch since Classic. There will never be a balance.

The most consistent OP class is mage imo.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
08/11/2012 13:12Posted by Aggnog
Unless we see a rank 1 blizzard employee arena team, we wont believe any of your theoretical nonsense that might happen once in a blue moon.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
trinket used:

instant fear 7sec
poly 7sec
poly 4 sec
poly 2 sec
cyclone 7sec
cyclone 4sec
cyclone 2sec

12sec breath

repeat

untill trinket is back up

That's some good communication from whichever team you are fighting, pulling off a successful crowd control chain where you effectively shut a single player down for 33 seconds is pretty impressive. Their whole team is wasting a lot of time and effort to keep you in CC like this, your team should try and take advantage of that by putting pressure onto them so that they cannot continue the chain so effectively. Your team could also try interrupting the CC chain through use of stuns, interrupts or even CC of your own.

If a team is so focused on keeping you in such an effective CC chain for so long, then their attention is focused on that and you should take full advantage of this fact. Right now however we are content with how crowd control abilities are working, especially when you consider the trade-offs that are involved in their use such as high costs, cooldowns, cast times as well as the focus and communication that is required to maintain a successful CC chain. A key point to make is that we do not feel diminishing returns have been communicated and explained well enough and this is something that we would like to work on.

I agree that its almost impossible to get someone for 33 seconds in a CC chain. But lets take they succeed with 50% of those numbers, thats still 16.5 seconds.

Thats 1 full sheep and 1 full fear, now add one more cc and its well over 20 seconds. Count yourself to see how long actually 20 seconds are. Its too long.
Reply Quote
CC is a joke in this game. There's a reason DAoC vas voted the best PvP game of the decade instead of WoW. PvP is secondary in WoW, it's all about ze PvE experience.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
its always funny to see an old post about pvp problems, having a fix, and read back how the blu posters did shut the fúck up in no time
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
wish they just put something els in over blood fear, the new 1 is retarded and the current one is too OP

wish unbound will was made more attractive in viability, the trinket good for keeping up time in fights but 20% hp cost is a lot when its part of your defense to prevent tunneling/burst happening on your self
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
IM sure that placing an instant ROF with PM really needs alot of communication....And they plan to fix that by increasing ROF cd(a mass cc spell) by 15 seconds when mages have alter time wich resets their cooldowns and cold snap....Thas' really smart.... like they need more than 4 Rof's in an arena match

i think PoM ring of frost should work more like how RoF did in cata, its cast instant but at least it stil has 3 seconds warm up before becoming active, basically prevents you stopping it happen but stops it being unpreventable to be frozen
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
want to see blizzard fix the cc problem soon!
Reply Quote
08/01/2013 14:22Posted by Skrapet
want to see blizzard fix the cc problem soon!

Already is half fixed on the PTR. Cyclone DRs with sheep, trap and repentance, and Blood Fear is gone.

Only thing that needs fixing now is hunter CC. It's all instant, unavoidable, and if they are good it's 17 ish seconds every 30 seconds: Scatter (4) Trap (7) Silence (3) Pet Sleep (3 or 4 not sure) = 17 or 18. Repeatable every 30 secs.

That's not including pet stun (another 3).

Too much for any single class. Would be fine if it was avoidable but it's all instant.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
trinket used:

instant fear 7sec
poly 7sec
poly 4 sec
poly 2 sec
cyclone 7sec
cyclone 4sec
cyclone 2sec

12sec breath

repeat

untill trinket is back up

That's some good communication from whichever team you are fighting, pulling off a successful crowd control chain where you effectively shut a single player down for 33 seconds is pretty impressive. Their whole team is wasting a lot of time and effort to keep you in CC like this, your team should try and take advantage of that by putting pressure onto them so that they cannot continue the chain so effectively. Your team could also try interrupting the CC chain through use of stuns, interrupts or even CC of your own.

If a team is so focused on keeping you in such an effective CC chain for so long, then their attention is focused on that and you should take full advantage of this fact. Right now however we are content with how crowd control abilities are working, especially when you consider the trade-offs that are involved in their use such as high costs, cooldowns, cast times as well as the focus and communication that is required to maintain a successful CC chain. A key point to make is that we do not feel diminishing returns have been communicated and explained well enough and this is something that we would like to work on.

He didn't come out with the best example its more like this. lets say we play agianst Paladin Warrior Lock

Fear (instant) 8sec
HoJ (instant) 5sec
Blinding light (instant) 6 seconds
Repentance (cast 1.5sec aprox) 8sec
Fear (instant) 8sec
Reply Quote

He didn't come out with the best example its more like this. lets say we play agianst Paladin Warrior Lock

Fear (instant) 8sec
HoJ (instant) 5sec
Blinding light (instant) 6 seconds
Repentance (cast 1.5sec aprox) 8sec
Fear (instant) 8sec

Next patch removes instant fear, so that's actually not such a good example.
This works as well though :p :

Scatter (instant) 4sec
Trap (instant) 8sec
Pet Stun (instant) 3sec
Silencing Shot (instant) 3sec
Pet Sleep (instant) 4sec
(Readiness for a half scatter half trap if necessary)

All of it is instant and from only 1 player
Edited by Mýst on 08/01/2013 15:18 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
08/11/2012 13:15Posted by Tublat
Right now however we are content with how crowd control abilities are working, especially when you consider the trade-offs that are involved in their use such as high costs, cooldowns, cast times as well as the focus and communication that is required to maintain a successful CC chain.

Yeah that's fine, if the CC had a cast time.

cast times

Bloodfear/psyfiend/druid disorient/blinding light etc.

this pretty much summed this thread up.
Reply Quote
14 Human Warrior
Arena now is a huge zergfest where CCs are close to obsolete. Just two zergcomps smash on eachother and something often dieing without any CC required.

Fun thing is....it will be even worse in 5.2.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]