Crowd control is out of control.

Resto druid with warrior symbiosis vs feral druid:

Hibernate, cyclone, fear, roots, mighty bash

he can solo CC that feral :D

Ferals break roots by shifting form.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
That's some good communication from whichever team you are fighting, pulling off a successful crowd control chain where you effectively shut a single player down for 33 seconds is pretty impressive. Their whole team is wasting a lot of time and effort to keep you in CC like this, your team should try and take advantage of that by putting pressure onto them so that they cannot continue the chain so effectively. Your team could also try interrupting the CC chain through use of stuns, interrupts or even CC of your own.

If a team is so focused on keeping you in such an effective CC chain for so long, then their attention is focused on that and you should take full advantage of this fact. Right now however we are content with how crowd control abilities are working, especially when you consider the trade-offs that are involved in their use such as high costs, cooldowns, cast times as well as the focus and communication that is required to maintain a successful CC chain. A key point to make is that we do not feel diminishing returns have been communicated and explained well enough and this is something that we would like to work on.

First and foremost I wanna tell you that your time on the PvP forums is appreciated. This is something we've all wanted for a long time and haven't received nearly enough of, so don't let it get to your skin if people feel a little bit neglected - because after all that's what we're trying to fix. :)

The CC chain that this guy gave is actually a bit of a bad example of why CC is !@#$ed up right now. What he did was list a CC chain which was already possible and which is actually quite painstaking to set up.

When the rest of us are talking about overpowered unstoppable CC we're talking about something like this baby:

Fist of Justice
Mighty Bash whoever is close to pala and Repetance
Blinding Light
Instant cyclone
NS cyclone

Extend the game to a 3v3 (above was possible in both brackets) with ... oh I dunno a rogue:
Redirect kidney
Sap

Cyclone the kill target, possibly twice

... guess what?

Fist of Justice the healer again and start over.

The annoying part of this chain is actually not how long it is - although it is way too long - but rather that almost every entry on it is instant. Warlocks take it completely over the edge with Blood Fear of course.

A general complaint about the game is that there's too much of everything right now.

Too much CC
Too much healing
Too much damage
Too much burst
Too much mana
Too many offensive cooldowns allowing for CD stacking
Too many defensive cooldowns allowing permanent healer survival
Too many buttons to keybind

You should probably consider looking at your classes and class designs and seeing which of your darlings you can kill. There's a lot of spells this game doesn't need and shouldn't have, and I mean A LOT.

Like I said when the expansion was in its early beta, MoP class design just has too much of everything, and CC is one of them. What you've done would be the equivalent to Microsoft adding the OS X GUI but still having their own explorer GUI, so you had two ways to do everything but they were all sitting on top of each other and interacting in annoying ways, not to mention taking up screenspace.

If you want a better overview of what you've actually done for at least 3 specs, here's an old post on the beta forums that Google was nice enough to preserve for me. Go take a look at it.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:nYOPvimH_OoJ:eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3686520401%3Fpage%3D1+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&client=ubuntu
Edited by Ishaye on 08/11/2012 14:03 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Resto druid with warrior symbiosis vs feral druid:

Hibernate, cyclone, fear, roots, mighty bash

he can solo CC that feral :D

Ye thanks for reminding me, I did an arena game yesterday vs Warrior / Rdruid, I do not understand why they have fear now? :S
So I'm a monk with no way to break CC, I get rooted 3 times, that's 8+4+2 = 14 seconds to start with.
I then get Cycloned 6+3+1=10 seconds makes that 24 seconds straight away.
Then I'll get mighty bashed so add 5 onto that it's 29 seconds.
Then add that fear he now has, that's another 8 seconds making it 37 seconds from the druid alone, and by which time he can start rooting me again.

I know that's 2vs2, but it happens in 3vs3 too, and Bgs is even worse, they'll have a mage there to wrap me up in a RoF, poly, deepfreeze > dragonsbreath > poly again.

I think you really need to take a look at it seriously it's not fun in the slightest, heck I've actually minimized and loaded up MMO-C, Facebook and stuck on a song before while in a CC chain - and don't say they're hard to do. It's grounding, juking or Aura Mastery (whatever warlock one is) and cast away for 1.3 seconds is most of them. I've played plenty arena and I had every class at 85, leveled monk to 90 and I've played so many comps, it's not hard to CC at all.
Please just look back on it for us blizz it's not fun when playing. My suggestion is to make the DR's more varied because it's not good >.<
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
ye whoever designed psyfiend , blood fear and instant rov ETC is retarded

cya
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
while an instant fears is
1. skillles
2. can fear you in middle of map

Instant Fear is a trade-off between 10% maximum hp and a 10 second cd, while lets not forget the 'extra trinket' for 20% hp is kinda better.

Instant Fear is not skill-less, just stahp.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
while an instant fears is
1. skillles
2. can fear you in middle of map

Instant Fear is a trade-off between 10% maximum hp and a 10 second cd, while lets not forget the 'extra trinket' for 20% hp is kinda better.

Instant Fear is not skill-less, just stahp.

Losing 10% of your HP seldom matters when you got rid of one of the people doing damage to you.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
I have a suggestion for... more of an alternative to current CC than a replacement (though some spells could be converted, most likely just for PVP!)

Instead of losing full control of your character for 7 seconds, working at "half speed" for 14 seconds could be more interesting. By half speed, I don't (just) mean a snare (optional), but a longer GCD and cast time. That way you can still -do- something, but the overall damage output is cut in approximately half... More of a 6.0 or 7.0 idea, ;)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Before they make any other changes to CC I want to see how the game is without Warriors being able to CC a whole team for 20 seconds alone.
Reply Quote
Blizzard thinks crowd control is fine, your opinion doesnt matter.

{◕ ◡ ◕}
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
08/11/2012 15:00Posted by Mírion
Before they make any other changes to CC I want to see how the game is without Warriors being able to CC a whole team for 20 seconds alone.

About that.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
08/11/2012 12:55Posted by Nakatoir
cast times

Are we playing the same game?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
trinket used:

instant fear 7sec
poly 7sec
poly 4 sec
poly 2 sec
cyclone 7sec
cyclone 4sec
cyclone 2sec

12sec breath

repeat

untill trinket is back up

That's some good communication from whichever team you are fighting, pulling off a successful crowd control chain where you effectively shut a single player down for 33 seconds is pretty impressive. Their whole team is wasting a lot of time and effort to keep you in CC like this, your team should try and take advantage of that by putting pressure onto them so that they cannot continue the chain so effectively. Your team could also try interrupting the CC chain through use of stuns, interrupts or even CC of your own.

If a team is so focused on keeping you in such an effective CC chain for so long, then their attention is focused on that and you should take full advantage of this fact. Right now however we are content with how crowd control abilities are working, especially when you consider the trade-offs that are involved in their use such as high costs, cooldowns, cast times as well as the focus and communication that is required to maintain a successful CC chain. A key point to make is that we do not feel diminishing returns have been communicated and explained well enough and this is something that we would like to work on.
Seriously? You're defending these ridiculous CC chains? It requires very little skill to chain these CCs.¨

I think anyone can agree Cyclone x3, fear x3, sheep x3, blankets/stuns is retarded.
Edited by Adeyemi on 08/11/2012 15:13 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Seriously? You're defending these ridiculous CC chains? It requires very little skill to chain these CCs.¨

I think anyone can agree Cyclone x3, fear x3, sheep x3, blankets/stuns is retarded.

Getting of those CC chains against a good team is hard and if you do it requires so much effort from a team that they usually don't do any damage.

At least from my terrible experience.

Playing against 2.4 MP3's doing 0 damage during CC's is fun while my Mage just runs around pillars and spam spellsteals.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

Getting of those CC chains against a good team is hard and if you do it requires so much effort from a team that they usually don't do any damage.

At least from my terrible experience.

Playing against 2.4 MP3's doing 0 damage during CC's is fun while my Mage just runs around pillars and spam spellsteals.
It's true, but it's still stupid imo.

But the most stupid of them all, is the instants. That's the main problem.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
x3 clones have been in the game for deckades

edit; no it's not retarded at all

Actually one of the few CCs that has to be cast still as a resto/moonkin druid (obviously without NS but that's every minute and is still a healing trade off)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
(◕ ◡ ◕)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It's true, but it's still stupid imo.

But the most stupid of them all, is the instants. That's the main problem.

Usually as a spellcleave at least you are far better off just spamming damage with a blanket on the healer and fear on DPS.

I really don't think casted CC is a problem right now but nor is Psyfiend after they nerf it.

A problem is all the control a Warrior has with shockwave and the incredible amount of different silences and charges.
Reply Quote
81 Orc Hunter
08/11/2012 15:32Posted by Mírion
I really don't think casted CC is a problem right now but nor is Psyfiend after they nerf it.

The fact that it can fear you 3 times is retarded.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
08/11/2012 15:36Posted by Tublat

The fact that it can fear you 3 times is retarded.

Yeah but it's going to have 30k HP and have a 2 second cast time on fears so I don't think it's going to be as dumb as now. It's already possible to pummel it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]