Crowd control is out of control.

90 Human Rogue
That's some good communication from whichever team you are fighting, pulling off a successful crowd control chain where you effectively shut a single player down for 33 seconds is pretty impressive. Their whole team is wasting a lot of time and effort to keep you in CC like this, your team should try and take advantage of that by putting pressure onto them so that they cannot continue the chain so effectively. Your team could also try interrupting the CC chain through use of stuns, interrupts or even CC of your own.

Yeah, that could've worked...

..... but nearly all CC is instant.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Priest
08/11/2012 12:55Posted by Nakatoir
That's some good communication from whichever team you are fighting, pulling off a successful crowd control chain where you effectively shut a single player down for 33 seconds is pretty impressive

No?

Wanna know why?

It's called instant CC and EVERYBODY has TONS of them right now.

STEP INTO THE ARENA BLIZZARD !

And you wanna know the thing I find most troubling ? The fact that every single freaking CC is instant right now and if wouldn't change PvE at all if it was casted. Not one god damn thing ! Those people dont even use these ability's anymore ( y /lol )

So stop with the arrogance of thinking you're right and start listening to the people who have a clue about PvP.

"Content" with current CC, the lead game designers states. Biggest joke of the decade...
Edited by Axora on 08/11/2012 20:53 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
What need sto go is rather simple:

Warlocks:
- Instant Fear removed.
- Mortal Coil basespell for all warlocks, 90 sec cooldown.

Warrior CC needs to be tuned down even more.
- Increase Shockwave CD to 40 sec. Maybe 30 seconds.

Druids:
- Intimdating Shout should be replaced by Shield Wall for restoration Druids.
- Increase the cooldown on displace beast to 1 minute.

Paladins:
- Blinding Light nerfed down to 3 seconds.
- Glyph of Turn Evil removed.
- Repentence CD increased to 30 sec.
- Fist of Justice range nerfed to 10 yards.

Hunters:
- Narrow Escape nerfed down to 6 seconds.

Mages:
- Ring of Frost cast time reduced to 1 sec. Cooldown increased to 90 sec.
- PoM can't be used with RoF.
- Pet Frost Nova root reduced down to 6 seconds.

Rogues:
- Gouge CD increased to 20 sec.

Priests:
- Psyfiend cooldown increased to 60 sec.
- Silence duration reduced downt o 4 sec.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Every single instant CC should be removed.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Hunter
I think the main problem is that healers have way to much cc like palas have blind,stun,and rep and nothing share dr.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
08/11/2012 12:55Posted by Nakatoir
Their whole team is wasting a lot of time and effort to keep you in CC like this

The clearest essence of bulls**t.

The thing is, you speak like somebody who doesn't even play warcraft.

Players can deliver a kill in 10 second, and what you don't need for that, is effort.

You Mr Nakatior getting payed to tell us lame and cheap stuff like this, meanwhile you absolutely know how screwed the state of PVP is.

No wonder that we can obtain a 1 minute cooldown trinket soon, but that has nothing on it, only shorter CD, shame on blizzard.

You dont need effort for 3x insta CC drop, its only a GCD for 3 random player, 3 second loss, and over 12 sec CC which is the time we need these days to deliver a kill.

Because damage is so "fine".
Edited by Valdmaniene on 08/11/2012 21:34 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
That's some good communication from whichever team you are fighting, pulling off a successful crowd control chain where you effectively shut a single player down for 33 seconds is pretty impressive. Their whole team is wasting a lot of time and effort to keep you in CC like this, your team should try and take advantage of that by putting pressure onto them so that they cannot continue the chain so effectively. Your team could also try interrupting the CC chain through use of stuns, interrupts or even CC of your own.

If a team is so focused on keeping you in such an effective CC chain for so long, then their attention is focused on that and you should take full advantage of this fact. Right now however we are content with how crowd control abilities are working, especially when you consider the trade-offs that are involved in their use such as high costs, cooldowns, cast times as well as the focus and communication that is required to maintain a successful CC chain. A key point to make is that we do not feel diminishing returns have been communicated and explained well enough and this is something that we would like to work on.

I'd try and actually play the game before writing nonsense like that. All that comes off as is just stupid and arrogant. The amount of CC is utterly insane.

Resto druid:
- Displacer beast
- Pounce-stun 3sec
- Cyclone 6sec
- Cyclone 3sec
(- Disorienting Shout 3sec)

Above combo will happen every 25-30sec if the druid is just slightly skilled. Tell me how to avoid that?

It's not like they even need to focus on doing this. They have plenty of time between the cyclones to cast heals on their teammates or even help dps.

A
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Both of Nakatoir's posts and himself are clueless, he sounds like a 1.5k rated player and should not be listened to. I suggest you guys ignore his useless blue posts.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
if you like PVE like me, it's sad to see there is no use for CC at all in heroics, when you have all these nice skills. :(

I don't really like the cooldown on dispel either in pve or in pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Perhaps we`r looking at it from the wrong perspective . Maybe the cc isn't really the problem , but the absurd burst and healing .
Right now some classes can lock you out long enough to kill you ( 10 sec or so) or to severely disadvantage you . Healers on the other side must be completely locked out for at-least 10 seconds so you can kill them .
So heres the problem -healers were deemed to be underpowerd ,so they increase healing to make them able to fight 1v2, however healers proved too hard to kill when they are stacked , so they increased burst , however due to people blowing up teams when stacking burst combos with this new burst they increased healing again , but healers get impossible to kill , so they increase the cc to combat that .

Im not sure if all follow , but heres my proposition .
reduce pvp damage by 25 % , and pvp healing by 35 % , leave cc at the same point .
This way people wont die in a blanket .
Blanket wont be needed to kill healers .
The power of cc will diminish .
Edited by Aprix on 08/11/2012 22:57 GMT
Reply Quote
89 Undead Priest
Whine here is unbeliveable. I don't think I have spent more than 15 consecutive seconds in cc during this expansion :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
08/11/2012 22:58Posted by Syklotroni
Whine here is unbeliveable. I don't think I have spent more than 15 consecutive seconds in cc during this expansion :)

I don't really get chain CC'd while leveling either.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Maybe rather than complaining that you get CCed too much you should start thiinking about what to do to avoid it. Sure there is a lot of instant CC right now, but that doesn't mean you can't predict it and counter it.
Example - priest comes running straight at you. Last I checked priests aren't a melee class, so he's probably trying to fear you. Either run away or do something to stop him, or get your team mates to stop him. Same applies to lots of things.. cyclone and blind have a short range so you will see them running towards you.
If you see a druid displace and expect him to pounce/cyclone you, tell your team mates to be ready with a counterspell or something.
PoM isn't really an issue imo, it has quite a long cd and can be purged/tranqed/spellstolen.
Psyfiend can be interrupted.
Shockwave can be dodged rather easily if you are expecting it, it's a frontal cone.

Like with many other issues that I see people complaining about, rather than ask for nerfs on everyone else look at how you can improve as a player.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Maybe rather than complaining that you get CCed too much you should start thiinking about what to do to avoid it. Sure there is a lot of instant CC right now, but that doesn't mean you can't predict it and counter it.
Example - priest comes running straight at you. Last I checked priests aren't a melee class, so he's probably trying to fear you. Either run away or do something to stop him, or get your team mates to stop him. Same applies to lots of things.. cyclone and blind have a short range so you will see them running towards you.
If you see a druid displace and expect him to pounce/cyclone you, tell your team mates to be ready with a counterspell or something.
PoM isn't really an issue imo, it has quite a long cd and can be purged/tranqed/spellstolen.
Shockwave can be dodged rather easily if you are expecting it, it's a frontal cone.

Like with many other issues that I see people complaining about, rather than ask for nerfs on everyone else look at how you can improve as a player.

Ring of Frost's around you, priest running towards you. What would you do? I need help, and you sounds like a experienced player.
Edited by Lurtex on 08/11/2012 23:21 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Ring of Frost's around you, priest running towards you. What would you do? I need help, and you sounds like a experienced player.

Let the priest fear you into the ring and get both schools on DR

wee!

on topic, I'll refrain from giving opinions because hurr mage armor
Reply Quote
89 Undead Priest
08/11/2012 23:11Posted by Mírion

I don't really get chain CC'd while leveling either.

You knew you were going to spend time in cc when you rolled pala. Pala gets free from CC's one sec and whole team has full hp
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

Silence the priest?
edit: agree with cookie
edit: you're a dk, ams and lol
Edited by Draedith on 08/11/2012 23:42 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

Silence the priest?

I'm asking for advice to AVOID crowd control, not letting them CC me. Priests also likes to vanish or fade before fearing. Atleast 1.6k+ rated spriests.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

Silence the priest?

I'm asking for advice to AVOID crowd control, not letting them CC me. Priests also likes to vanish or fade before fearing. Atleast 1.6k+ rated spriests.

ams
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]