Updated character models

70 Pandaren Monk
Any news about the subject?
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Warlock
Yes, that's why you're reading everywhere about it. Didn't you see the screenshots of the new models yet?
Reply Quote
Community
Nope, unfortunately we can't share anything just yet. But we will as soon as we can!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
ok guys, but you said that something will be ready for the release of the MOP, we are 3 months after and what?

AND WHAT?

Still no new orc, still no new human.... NO NEW MODELS OF CHARS (EXCL PANDAS).

Its sad really.

You showing us new models of wyverns, but You not updating old ones... its kinda joke from your side.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Still waiting for this to happen before I return to my once beloved Undead Female!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Didn't blizz say they had dwarven models almost ready? ;_; Blizzard, PLEASE, just show something, I don't want this to be another scrapped project, like Path of the Titans were. :(

PLEEEEEEEASE
Reply Quote
28 Undead Rogue
ok guys, but you said that something will be ready for the release of the MOP, we are 3 months after and what?

You must have misread.

Work was done on old models so they can perform some needed animations, no where anyone from Blizzard has stated that with the release of MoP there would be actual model updates to change how a character looks.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler
@CiprianTarta News hasn't changed. We're working on it. It's a huge project. We are as impatient as you.

Hope this helps
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Warrior
12/11/2012 20:52Posted by Autodrop
Another example of how Blizzard isn't trying their best any more, they're just doing the least they think they'll get away with.

I disagree.

While I believe they can be doing quite a lot more I don't think it's right of me to say so, for I do not know what's going on with the development side of WoW.

The community lashes out over every change, there is not enough constructive criticism and everybody complains about things they personally dislike instead of looking at the bigger picture, seeing how it influences everything around them instead.

Since the community is never satisfied it gives the impression that Blizzard is not trying.

Though, I did notice the decline in some aspects due to the fact the "B Team" is now developing WoW while most of the original members have either moved on to 'Titan' or have left Blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
MoX
14/11/2012 14:26Posted by Portal

Dwarves will be ready in time for release is what was said. That doesn't mean they'll be released -.-

Something like this - they should be bringing out all races together, which is what it seems like they will be.
Edited by Xunda on 14/11/2012 14:34 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Takralus
Community

Nope, unfortunately we can't share anything just yet. But we will as soon as we can!

Of course not, give something what us RPers like? Pfah! What a joke.

On a more serious note - I'm not surprised to hear this, and I won't expect new char models until I sacrificed my first born to Blizzard.

*sulks off in corner*
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
14/11/2012 14:34Posted by Xunda

Dwarves will be ready in time for release is what was said. That doesn't mean they'll be released -.-

Something like this - they should be bringing out all races together, which is what it seems like they will be.

Ok, so they can show us some progression of works...

I feel like they pee for me, and yet I pay for it...
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
14/11/2012 14:18Posted by Takralus

Since you added T3 to the game it would be very nice if you updated their textures.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

But, but.. That means..
*Picks up calculator..*
Never! :s
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
People !@#$% about not getting new models, I bet people are gonna ^-*!@ about the new models not looking good and how the old models are way better.

Just calm yo #$%^ and wait. Updating textures and also remaking all the skeletal structure + animations + armor refitting for each race/gender is not an easy job, and I doubt that the new models are Blizzard's #1 priority as they need their model Devs to make boss models etc.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
People !@#$% about not getting new models, I bet people are gonna ^-*!@ about the new models not looking good and how the old models are way better.

Just calm yo #$%^ and wait. Updating textures and also remaking all the skeletal structure + animations + armor refitting for each race/gender is not an easy job, and I doubt that the new models are Blizzard's #1 priority as they need their model Devs to make boss models etc.

You do know the have already update most race already look at NPC in Deathwing end movie and you see that human, Orc, Nightelf, Bloodelf are already update and in the game so basic that is 4 out 10 old race already done.

I dont count Worgen, Goblin and Pandaren for the have the new textures update
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Takralus, Old Bean, you are so mauve - do I detect just a hint of "I'd love to say more but I'd be hung, drawn and quartered if I did..." in your post?

I hope so.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

So uhm... why? I mean it's just graphics.
Reply Quote
15 Orc Hunter
14/11/2012 16:25Posted by Mugi

So uhm... why? I mean it's just graphics.

It's a bit more than that. Considering how everything in WoW is hand-drawn (buildings, NPCs, landscapes and backdrops) or at least was, it'll take some time. Not only that, but characters also need animations, and they do take a lot of time. These guys aren't Dreamworks making new (yet brilliant) stuff once a year, because at least Blizzard's work isn't often forgotten.

But feel free to apply to Blizzard's art teams, or just phone up and have a look to see what "a day in the life" is like there. I'm sure you'll be intrigued by what goes on in some video game developers' studios ^^
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]