Updated character models

4 Human Mage
Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler
@CiprianTarta News hasn't changed. We're working on it. It's a huge project. We are as impatient as you.

Hope this helps

A huge project? To make new models? Hardly....
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler
@CiprianTarta News hasn't changed. We're working on it. It's a huge project. We are as impatient as you.

Hope this helps

And you know because...?
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Warrior
14/11/2012 16:53Posted by Phunkie
And you know because...?

Logic?

It's foolish to completely believe it's an easy task or a difficult one if you have almost zero knowledge of the inner-working of the development side of things.

Multiple new races, NPC's, models and so on are created for expansions and at times major updates.

We can gather simple information from what we already see and apply it to character models.

If we go under the assumption they are working from scrap then the only arduous task would be modelling each piece of gear for the rest requires a set amount of time and effort and the developers are quite competent at this.

I do not see what's the issue of at least revealing these base models without animation, gear and the rest just to put players at ease.
Edited by Bloodcast on 14/11/2012 17:13 GMT
Reply Quote
4 Human Mage

And you know because...?

I am familiar with 3d modelling, and I can't imagine it to be "huge". It's nothing to professional designers and modellers, which I assume Blizzard has a few of?
Edited by Anyme on 14/11/2012 17:10 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
I want to pay through iDeal but it just skips the payment and goes to pending. Of course it doesn't get completed. Please fix this.
Reply Quote
15 Orc Hunter
14/11/2012 17:14Posted by Zedax
I want to pay through iDeal but it just skips the payment and goes to pending. Of course it doesn't get completed. Please fix this.

Not the place to post, I'm afraid. Try moving your request down to the technical support where you'll have a Blue respond ^^
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
People still think there will be new character models?

Pffft.... Dream on.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Logic?

It's foolish to completely believe it's an easy task or a difficult one if you have almost zero knowledge of the inner-working of the development side of things.

Multiple new races, NPC's, models and so on are created for expansions and at times major updates.

We can gather simple information from what we already see and apply it to character models.

If we go under the assumption they are working from scrap then the only arduous task would be modelling each piece of gear for the rest requires a set amount of time and effort and the developers are quite competent at this.

I do not see what's the issue of at least revealing these base models without animation, gear and the rest just to put players at ease.

14/11/2012 17:09Posted by Anyme
I am familiar with 3d modelling, and I can't imagine it to be "huge". It's nothing to professional designers and modellers, which I assume Blizzard has a few of?

You guys assume that only updated models will be released.
But in fact, you don't know how big the package will be. Releasing several changes together isn't uncommon.
And when Blizzard says it's a huge project, then it suggests that there might be other things in the package. At least to me it does.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Warrior
But in fact, you don't know how big the package will be. Releasing several changes together isn't uncommon.
And when Blizzard says it's a huge project, then it suggests that there might be other things in the package. At least to me it does.

I'm not arguing about the scale of the project.

All I'm saying is that it is reasonable to want to at least see something at this stage, no matter how little.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

I'm not arguing about the scale of the project.

All I'm saying is that it is reasonable to want to at least see something at this stage, no matter how little.

I'm fantasizing that the new models have an impact on something we haven't been told yet.
I may be completely wrong. But why would they describe it as a big project and why not releasing some tease images?

Off course it's easy to think that they're incompetent or that it isn't high on their priority list (I'm not saying you said this :)). So that's not worth mentioning.
Edited by Phunkie on 14/11/2012 22:16 GMT
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Warrior
14/11/2012 22:15Posted by Phunkie
I'm fantasizing that the new models have an impact on something we haven't been told yet.

You're quite the optimist.

I am envious.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Mage
12/11/2012 20:52Posted by Autodrop
It's something they could sort in one week (for all races)

Very funny !

But, no.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

You're quite the optimist.

I am envious.

I know, it's easier being a pessimist.
I happen to be an optimist from time to time ;-)
But you can't deny that what I said could be true, just as it could be wrong
Edited by Phunkie on 14/11/2012 22:21 GMT
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Mage
14/11/2012 14:42Posted by Alesandra
Of course not, give something what us RPers like? Pfah! What a joke.

You mean like...roleplay ?
Really, I fail to see the issue here.
Maybe improve on your roleplay if the look of
your char is such a big thing.
Or stop doing ERP in WOW.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
1. Forsaken should get a Dark Ranger skin / face / shape.
2. Human's slightly more athletic build, slightly thinner.
3. Orc's... less lower teeth OR more lower protruding teeth like new Thrall model style. Orc females would be made less muscular more curvy effeminate. But still look hard as nails.
4. Gnomes.. impossible. Maybe sharper textures.
5. BElf... perfection so there's no need for change. ;D Maybe blue eyes to shake the fel off..
6. Night Elf = males should have different casting animations, hmm just give them female ones they are very good casting anim's. Hands and feet need slimming down, updated textures on faces, the female shape is almost perfect but I would make it less muscular and slightly more effeminate.
7. Draenei I would leave alone.
8. Goblins would also be left alone.
9. Panda's have the newest stuff so no need. Jealous face.
10. Trolls I would leave as is but allow a Forest Troll shape in one of the skin or face selections.
11. Worgen - leave as is but change the shape of the human as mentioned in (2).
12. Dwarfs - added Wildhammer Tattoo's in skins for female and males, sharper textures, but shape would be left as is.
13. Tauren - Taunka cosmetic skin.

That's about it really.
Edited by Talancha on 14/11/2012 23:25 GMT
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Mage
14/11/2012 23:18Posted by Talancha
Orc females would be made less muscular

Absolutely no !

14/11/2012 23:18Posted by Talancha
the female shape is almost perfect but I would make it less muscular

No, just no !
Edited by Zazkya on 14/11/2012 23:24 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Orc females would be made less muscular

Absolutely no !

the female shape is almost perfect but I would make it less muscular

No, just no !

Yes, yes. But as a compromise it would barely be noticeable from the older models unless extremely expert in shapes and skins. It would be very very subtle, less muscular but still muscular, athletic muscled rather than body building muscled.
Edited by Talancha on 14/11/2012 23:28 GMT
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Mage
14/11/2012 23:27Posted by Talancha

Absolutely no !

No, just no !

Yes, yes. But as a compromise it would barely be noticeable from the older models unless extremely expert in shapes and skins. It would be very very subtle, less muscular but still muscular, athletic muscled rather than body building muscled.

But they are athletic muscled...and hardly even that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

But they are athletic muscled...and hardly even that.

See, told you it wouldn't be noticed. ;)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Well orc's got new model with Thrall, Trolls with Vol'jin, Humans with Varian, Human females with Jania, Orc females with Agrra, Night elves male with Illidan, Night elves female with Azshara and Tyranda, goblins and worgen don't need and update nor do Pandaren, so we just need to wait for the rest :)

I am an optimist :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]