What about dance studio ?
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Mage
14/11/2012 23:45Posted by Morriganey
Orc females with Agrra

14/11/2012 23:45Posted by Morriganey
Tyranda,

Yes, good, show them why this is a bad idea.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I do hope we'll hear something solid soon, since I'm sure most people will agree that the older character models in particular look very dated and out of place when combined with some of the newer environments and character models.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Humans look the most outdated X.X
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
The blue posts and tweets suggest that this is still actively in the works. Unlike Dance Studio, this feature isn't being ignored on the forums at least.

I'm very much waiting for the new models. :) Would love to see a good looking female tauren.
Reply Quote
Community
14/11/2012 14:42Posted by Alesandra
Of course not, give something what us RPers like? Pfah! What a joke.

Transmogrification?
Reply Quote
15/11/2012 18:56Posted by Takralus
Transmogrification?

Is good. Could be better. How am I (as an exmple) supposed to complete my alts DS set if I can't enter LFR ;). When do we get to add THAT difficulty to the raid settings?

Transmog could also do with expansion...right now its cryinh out for a dye option so we can change colors.

But yes...I am looking forward to the new models. I had predicted them for next XPac....and I still might be right. ;)

But - I would also like to see the Dance Studio brought in. It would be a neat way to assign different animations to players abilities in addtion to allowing them to swap dances.

EJL
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock

Transmogrification?

That was very handy for role-players, though at the same time it didn't really account for the simple fact that a lot of awesome 'racial' gear cannot be transmogrified at all. An excellent example of this would be the white quality 'blood elf' set available from the very first vendor you encounter in Sunstrider Isle. It's not overly flashy and yet carries the theme and 'uniform' of the race exceptionally well, especially when combined with a Silvermoon tabard.
Edited by Calthric on 15/11/2012 19:04 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
It's not only RPers who would like to see updated models and who love to transmog stuff.

RPers got everything they need -> Their imagination
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
15/11/2012 19:47Posted by Roothy
RPers got everything they need -> Their imagination

While I concur that having an active imagination is the key ingredient to RP, certain things ingame simply stand apart too consistently to truly ignore. Low-polygon models surrounded by beautifully made high-polygon ones, being one such thing.

Transmogrification?

While not really an RP tool specifically, I agree that it has made certain things easier and more visually pleasing.

As for the whole "RPers never get anything" approach, I personally have found too many nooks and crannies with no NPC's - making them perfect for RP on just about every scale - to agree with it. It might not always be a game-feature as such, but there are an increasing number of objects and places in WoW that I personally feel were meant for exploration and RP.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
it could come in next patch, it could come in next expansion or it may never come.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Mage
15/11/2012 20:58Posted by Animalia
it could come in next patch, it could come in next expansion or it may never come.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4108/5042881685_d68b785436.jpg

:-P
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
*giggle*, the left or right foot on Blood Elf females still makes a 360 turn when they do a certain move in dancing... :3

And female Draenei go all stiff and weird in their upper body when looking around.

Wanna bet though that we'll see an entirely new cast of disgruntled players once we DO get these new models? "I loved my old female human with bad animations, you've taken away the SOUL of WoW!!!" and the likes of that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Transmogrification?

Let us transmogrify to other armour/weapon types and we'll talk. ;3

Naw I think we get more than enough cool RP stuff already though. Pandaria has by far the most fantastic and RP-friendly environments I've ever seen in WoW, plus all of the neat cosmetic thingimajigs.
I still want an item that lets me be a mantid though. o.o
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
ok guys, but you said that something will be ready for the release of the MOP, we are 3 months after and what?

AND WHAT?

Still no new orc, still no new human.... NO NEW MODELS OF CHARS (EXCL PANDAS).

Its sad really.

You showing us new models of wyverns, but You not updating old ones... its kinda joke from your side.

But you do not care about the new models. In fact I am willing to bet you are happy that there is no news about it. You only wanted to see something that you can complain about.....

When the new character models are ready, we will get them. Until then enjoy the game for what it is...hell, if you want you can start practising your post about how much you hate the new models and either want old ones back or insist Blizzard should have spent more time on them!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

Transmogrification?

Whilst I must admit I do love this feature more than almost any other added to WoW in it's history this is soooooo last expac and fails the "what have you done for me lately" litmus test. :)

I know new character models aren't going to be a cash cow or anything, but there is no denying they could be the killer change of MoP. Shame to postpone them.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
It seems they are giving us updated versions of the gryphon and manticore (called wyvern ingame) models in patch 5.1, quite possibly to test the waters in terms of player reactions before they release any news on how the new player models will look.

And I've heard about people complaining over those models already, saying how they like the old models better, even with the low polygon ratio and comparatively stiff animations.

It people get so upset over the mounts, imagine the storm of biological waste the new player models will stir up.
And they're not even changing the old models for the gryphon and manticore. They're just adding them in addition to the old models.

I can see why Blizzard is taking their time with the new player models.
Even if I badly want them too. ;)
Reply Quote
4 Human Mage
I would probably moan if my character models were changed. I like my characters how they are. So yeah, if they did change the models, it would be nice if it was optional, then I could decide if I like the new ones better or not.
Edited by Anyme on 15/11/2012 23:05 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
15/11/2012 19:03Posted by Talen
Transmogrification?

Is good. Could be better. How am I (as an exmple) supposed to complete my alts DS set if I can't enter LFR ;). When do we get to add THAT difficulty to the raid settings?

EJL

Not an RP'er or anything here, but i've been wondering this aswell. Will we ever be able to obtain old lfr gear again?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]